Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chargers sign OT Russell Okung
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DingoLadd

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Oregon Ducks wrote:
Why ya'll act like you're new to free agency every year? Players are getting paid more and more.
Because he sucked last year and somehow just got more. I assumed the details of this will show he is gambling on himself again

@TomPelissero wrote:
No tricks to Russell Okung's 4-year, $53M deal with #Chargers. He got $10M signing bonus, fully gtd base salaries of $3M in '17, $12M in '18

Pretty much what I said, 2 year deal - easy as pie to get out form under in Y3. Paid a higher APY across those two years to get the early-out with minimal dead money. Likely offset some by King Dunlap who'll get released between now and the 18th (when his roster bonus guarantees) which takes a shade under $5.5M off the ledger (of a due $8.6M 2017 cap-hit).

That's still a ridiculous amount of money to pay to a player who struggled last year as a starter and is injury prone, no matter how early you can get out of the contract (Unless it's a 1 year deal then who cares) I don't like it but the chargers are gonna do stupid things like this.

Long live Phillip Rivers and his constant carrying of this god awful team.

Also go (South Carolina) Charleston Dingoes. Looking for a co-owner for a fantasy team so PM me please.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: