Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official Draft Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chiefs_5627

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

samsel23 wrote:
Chiefer wrote:
We interviewed zach Cunningham so I watched his tape. Just awful.

Thank you!! Athletic profile this guy is off the charts, but man this guy needs a ton of work in terms of playing LB. His tackling form is awful

Ill be that guy lol, (im not advocating for the guy, keep in mind) but he reminds me of the type of prospect DJ was coming out. DJ lived and died by his athleticism, keep him free and he WILL make plays and thats kinda what i see with ZC. JUST sayin Wink

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS
Diesel2692

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As athletic as they say he is I just don't see near the range or explosivenessthough I saw with DJ coming out.
samsel23

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefs_5627 wrote:
samsel23 wrote:
Chiefer wrote:

Thank you!! Athletic profile this guy is off the charts, but man this guy needs a ton of work in terms of playing LB. His tackling form is awful

Ill be that guy lol, (im not advocating for the guy, keep in mind) but he reminds me of the type of prospect DJ was coming out. DJ lived and died by his athleticism, keep him free and he WILL make plays and thats kinda what i see with ZC. JUST sayin Wink

Oh I'm not doubting his athleticism or his ability to possibly be great. Just saying he has a TON of flaws that need cleaned up. I wouldn't mind him learning from DJ, but I don't see him filling in immediately and shoring up the run defense.

I'm still going to ride the Haasan Reddick bandwagon, although I see him going before our pick now.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haason Reddick and Jordan Willis were both on the leader boards and looked terrific in the field drills.
Another K-State linebacker product who was an All American and team captain for the Chiefs was Gary Spani. I'd be excited to get a "local" player in the same mold.
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found this interesting enough to share. Dorsey made some comments on the QB class:

Quote:
“First off, what stands out, I think there’s only one guy that’s ever taken a snap from under center,” Chiefs GM John Dorsey told me. “How about that one? It shows how we’re evolving into a spread-option era. Then, what you have to analyze is can they spit out a play in the huddle? If you look at the majority of these guys, everybody’s signaling everything in from the sideline.

“These are the types of things people are looking for as they sit and talk to these players. Can they sit and regurgitate an offensive play? That’s hard to do, especially in [our] system, it’s really hard to do. But on the whole they’re a more athletic group.

“Are there any finished products here? I don’t think so. So where are the warts, and are you willing to live with the warts? That’s what people are asking.”

I then asked Dorsey if he thought any of the quarterbacks are ready to play. He smiled and said, “Me personally?” Then a long pause, another smile, and a “No.”

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefs_5627 wrote:
samsel23 wrote:
Chiefer wrote:

i don't think DJs tackling technique was that awful though. He also had some strength to him, Cunningham is more of a drag down, wait for help kinda LB. I feel like we got too many of those.
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ's tackling technique is extrememly unique to him. They even talk about it in the main NFL meetings about trying to teach young guys to tackle like that because he moves his head to the side and shoulders through everyone. problems is not everybody is as fast and gifted as DJ and it creates extra missed tackles. Coming out he "didn't take on blocks" but when you get around all the blocks, why take them on

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
kingseanjohn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
DJ's tackling technique is extrememly unique to him. They even talk about it in the main NFL meetings about trying to teach young guys to tackle like that because he moves his head to the side and shoulders through everyone. problems is not everybody is as fast and gifted as DJ and it creates extra missed tackles. Coming out he "didn't take on blocks" but when you get around all the blocks, why take them on

Because that's how it's always been done. DJ changed that in KC.

The Air Less Expected on 3rd down AKA the ALEX scale
mayanfootball

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Haason Reddick has vaulted into the top 15. It will take the Chiefs to trade up to get him and fill a desperate need at ILB. Chiefs have extra picks to do this. But will they?
Personally, i'm not excited as much for R.McMillan or Z.Cunningham. J.Davis is 2nd behind Reddick, IMO, and Davis is slipping toward being out of the top 50 according to NFL Draft Scout.com
chiefs82

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mayanfootball wrote:
Well, Haason Reddick has vaulted into the top 15. It will take the Chiefs to trade up to get him and fill a desperate need at ILB. Chiefs have extra picks to do this. But will they?
Personally, i'm not excited as much for R.McMillan or Z.Cunningham. J.Davis is 2nd behind Reddick, IMO, and Davis is slipping toward being out of the top 50 according to NFL Draft Scout.com

Idk if Reddick goes that high. In theory and by talent alone, he might; but, with all the depth and talent at DB, DE, WR, RB...I'd be hard pressed for me at least to see Reddick go that high.

2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #50 Justin Houston, OLB
Tackles:68/Sacks:22/FF:4
kingseanjohn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more I think about it, we need to trade down this year. I really, really want to trade our 1st for a 1st round pick next year plus other picks.

Imagine having two 1sts in a really good QB class.

Chiefer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
Berrys the only one that can replicate that. If DJA can ever gain any instincts he has a slim shot.

For what it's worth, a guy I do like Reddick compares really well to DJ from a measurable perspective. He kills DJ in the 40, 3-cone, and broad jump.

DJ sub 4 second shuttle time is insane though. For reference Berry had a 4.2 shuttle time. Reddicks is 4.37.

These are just numbers on paper though, and the guy seemed to have a football aptitude from the tape I watched. He probably gets drafted before us. But DJ "fell" to us if I remember correctly.(Skipping on Aaron Rodgers in the process)
brownie man

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Browns fan with a question

What's up with Tyler Bray?

I really liked him at Tennessee and haven't hear anything since but he's been on your roster since he came out.

Any idea on what player he might be able to become at the stage he is currently at?
Deshone Kizer, Malik Hooker, Carlos Watkins, Adoree Jackson, Budda Baker, TJ Watt, Montravius Adams, Ryan Switzer, Kendall Beckwith, Davis Webb, Des Lawrence, Shelton Gibson, Jamaal Williams, Bucky Hodges
kingseanjohn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brownie man wrote:
Browns fan with a question

What's up with Tyler Bray?

I really liked him at Tennessee and haven't hear anything since but he's been on your roster since he came out.

Any idea on what player he might be able to become at the stage he is currently at?

Tough to say. We've only seen him as 3rd/4th string in the preseason. Even then, it's been extremely limited. I was a fan of his coming out so I'm really hoping we get to take a look at him with the 1st or 2nd team this offseason.

We gave him an extension and chose him over Murray and Hogan this past year. So the coaching staff must be seeing something in practice that we haven't been shown.

goldfishwars

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys

We're voting on the Kansas pick at 27 in the draft section. It would be great to have your thoughts and votes.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=587580

Thanks,

GFW

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13

Jump to: