You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cowboys sign CB Nolan Carroll 3 years, $10 million
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BLick12

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, he's not THAT bad. Even last year, he was in position for a lot of the plays but just didn't make a good play on the ball. At this price, I think the Eagles would've been wise to re-sign him. He's certainly not a #1 CB but we could've used the depth if nothing else.
cddolphin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLick12 wrote:
Honestly, he's not THAT bad. Even last year, he was in position for a lot of the plays but just didn't make a good play on the ball. At this price, I think the Eagles would've been wise to re-sign him. He's certainly not a #1 CB but we could've used the depth if nothing else.

People forget you need a lot of DBs.

Like I said, Carroll is a dime CB with starting experience who is worth a roster spot.
MemphisEagles

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLick12 wrote:

Well yeah. He gives up the catch but makes the tackle. That only helps in certain situations. He also doesn't play special teams. He's not worth the money.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MemphisEagles wrote:
BLick12 wrote:

Well yeah. He gives up the catch but makes the tackle. That only helps in certain situations. He also doesn't play special teams. He's not worth the money.

He is paid like around 50th in the league and less than a lot of rookies. I mean... how cheap would he have to be?

Tony Romos Last pass was a TD against the EAGLES!
BLick12

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
MemphisEagles wrote:
BLick12 wrote:

He is paid like around 50th in the league and less than a lot of rookies. I mean... how cheap would he have to be?

It's a good contract and he can still play the #2 CB spot. He's not going to light the world on fire, but he's good to jump a couple routes and make a few impact plays during the course of the year. His closing speed is still really good.
Devin Kurant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know he's been laughably bad at times, but:

-we have some $$$ to spend and we desperately need a CB; it's better to sign a guy who has been a starter for some time than a project who may have more potential

-he seems to be a high character guy

-the guy who has clowned him the most is now his teammate

-he can't be worse than Mo Claiborne on the sideline or Brandon Carr
Matts4313

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the Mo Clai part sense he was only good for like 30% of the snaps a year, but not Carr. Especially after we moved him back to RCB.

Tony Romos Last pass was a TD against the EAGLES!
EagleBlueDon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope he starts for the cowboys, considering I'm an Eagles fan. He's one of those guys that any time you saw the ball getting thrown his way, you knew it was gonna be a completion. That ankle injury a couple years ago might have marked the end for him. Might be time to retire for Nolan honestly.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: