Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

jarvis
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3rivers

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CanadianSteeler wrote:
Personally, I would let Jones walk. Although as 43 stated...he has 5-6 games where he looks like it has clicked, then is absent.

I would roll with Chick...he is an arrow pointing up, and while he is not a stud, I think he could get even better with more playing time. In reality, a committee with Deebo is what I see with Dupree playing the other side. I'm perfectly fine with this... we draft a edge rusher in the first 3 rounds and let him compete...plus we have Moats - who like chick has his limitations but if its a rotation so be it.... we need speed on the edge....otherwise we end up like last year....

Jones has proven he can't get to the rusher... I'm not saying we will fair better with the guys on the roster, but we can't do much worse... let chick play some ... and draft someone... Jones had his 4 years...

Lets have Chickillo get a chance, but if it doesn't work out or if he gets hurt, we need additional Edge since the one player is as old as the coach and part time d'oh! While that player rated high per snap basis, keeping snaps down until the playoffs will be important. Unless Dupree truly breaks out, the outside pass rush might not be better than last year unless we draft an impact type player that gets a chance to play

Jones should be gone, let new players have a chance. Enough of keeping vets that don't belong, we had to deal with sCam thomas a while back, no need for that all over again.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it were up to me, Id sign Connor Barwin to a 2 year deal, dump Arthur Moats, then draft 2 pass rushers (OLB and/or DE) in the first 4 rounds.

Our stable of pass rushers needs revamped. Moats doesnt have much to offer. If we are going to carry mediocre OLBs like him, Id rather have players with upside.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
If it were up to me, Id sign Connor Barwin to a 2 year deal, dump Arthur Moats, then draft 2 pass rushers (OLB and/or DE) in the first 4 rounds.

Our stable of pass rushers needs revamped. Moats doesnt have much to offer. If we are going to carry mediocre OLBs like him, Id rather have players with upside.

I agree with this. Chick offers about the same as Moats in terms of rushing the passer. We could do worse than "potential."

Deadpulse on the sig
warfelg

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jarvis is visiting with the Cards today.

Hahahahaha.

Jones' only chance is to go to Tenn. Otherwise he is flipping burgers this fall.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

warfelg wrote:

Laughing

Steelers West (Cards) or Steelers South (Titans) are the only two teams that will be willing to give him a shot, probably. They both like gobbling up our scraps.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
warfelg wrote:

Laughing

Steelers West (Cards) or Steelers South (Titans) are the only two teams that will be willing to give him a shot, probably. They both like gobbling up our scraps.

He signed with Steelers west.

GaTechRavens wrote:
Let's not be blinded by a flashy stat without taking a deep look at the context behind it.
3rivers

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

now lets see if we rush to the podium for this years RD1 pick d'oh!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: