Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Buffalo Bills are keeping Tyrod Taylor
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
areksoo


Joined: 15 Jan 2017
Posts: 56
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm more surprised that Tyrod restructured his contract. He was in a rare position where he was holding all the cards.

I don't know if that excludes the Bills from drafting a QB. With Tyrod's old contract, he was uncuttable for at least 3 years. Maybe the restructured contract is a little more team friendly where he can be cut in 2 years with minimum dead money impacts. Which means you want a QB now to learn and develop for 2 years.

Win for the Bills... not sure if this was the best move for Tyrod.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LeeEvans


Moderator
Joined: 01 Jan 2007
Posts: 24893
Location: 410 MD
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

areksoo wrote:
I'm more surprised that Tyrod restructured his contract. He was in a rare position where he was holding all the cards.

I don't know if that excludes the Bills from drafting a QB. With Tyrod's old contract, he was uncuttable for at least 3 years. Maybe the restructured contract is a little more team friendly where he can be cut in 2 years with minimum dead money impacts. Which means you want a QB now to learn and develop for 2 years.

Win for the Bills... not sure if this was the best move for Tyrod.
Agreed. I don't see what he gets out of this. He could have made a ton of money in FA.
_________________

The night is dark and full of terrors.
Sacrifice is never easy, Davos. Or it is no true sacrifice.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
bucsfan333


Joined: 15 Jun 2007
Posts: 37491
Location: mike23md on the sig
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was getting mad for Bills fans at the whole situation. Laughing Glad he's gonna stay.
_________________

Adopt-a-Buc Mike Evans 96 RECs 1,321 YDs 12 TDs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
lancerman


Joined: 06 Feb 2011
Posts: 8084
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They didn't have anybody to replace him. It was a lose-lose if he left. The Bills are without a QB, Taylor enters a FA market where he's going to have getting dropped by a team that had no real back up plan in his absence held over his head when negotiating.

It was better for him to take a reasonable contract and make his money and try to continue going forward and it gives the Bills a little bit of stability unless an ideal prospect falls in their laps.
_________________
Signature
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
roysmyboy31


Moderator
Joined: 02 Feb 2006
Posts: 25621
Location: NY
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bills are smart to keep him. Good work.
_________________
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: New York Rangers
NCAAF: Notre Dame Fighting Irish
MLB: New York Yankees
NCAAB: NC State Wolfpack
Soccer: FC Bayern Munich
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thomas5737


Joined: 23 Dec 2009
Posts: 14656
Location: West Virginia Occupation: Browns LT
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smart move by the Bills.

I imagine the money will be the same it will probably just read different. As long as Taylor plays well I suspect he gets all of the money from the option that was in place.
_________________
Bonanza23 wrote:
1st off Thomas is a man!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marshawn lynch


Joined: 03 Mar 2008
Posts: 21334
Location: Syracuse NY
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
I was getting mad for Bills fans at the whole situation. Laughing Glad he's gonna stay.


There were obvious arguments both ways over the situation. Most thought the best situation would have been a restructure of the deal but didnt think Taylor would agree to it. He jdt wasnt worth the money he was supposed to recieve and our cap situation isnt the best. But glad he agreed to it.
_________________


Adopt a Bill: Marcell Dareus and Richie Incognito
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
areksoo


Joined: 15 Jan 2017
Posts: 56
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/1254561-report-bills-taylor-took-pay-cut-contract-voids-in-2019

Quote:
It appears quarterback Tyrod Taylor made some financial sacrifices in his decision to remain with the Buffalo Bills.

ESPN's Mike Rodak got hold of the details to the new, restructured contract Taylor signed on March 8 and he reports Taylor will earn $30.5 million over the next two years and will hit free agency in 2019. Under his old deal, he would have earned $40.5 million and remained under team control until 2021.

Instead, Taylor's contract will void if he's on the Bills' roster on the fifth day after the Super Bowl in 2019, Rodak adds.

The reconstructed deal also lessens Taylor's cap number and his base salary while he's with the Bills. Instead of earning $12 million in 2017, his base salary is now for $7.5 million. In 2018, his salary was dropped from $13 million to $10 million, of which only $1 million is guaranteed.

If Taylor did not agree to rework his contract, the Bills were prepared to chase free-agent quarterback Brian Hoyer, Rodak reports. The Bills ended up striking a deal with Taylor a day before the start of free agency and Hoyer signed with the San Francisco 49ers.


Every Bills fan should go out and buy Taylor jerseys in appreciation of what he did. Saved some money, but more importantly stopped Hoyer from becoming your new starting QB.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bigbadbuff23835


Joined: 22 Sep 2008
Posts: 11023
Location: NY
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

areksoo wrote:
http://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/1254561-report-bills-taylor-took-pay-cut-contract-voids-in-2019

Quote:
It appears quarterback Tyrod Taylor made some financial sacrifices in his decision to remain with the Buffalo Bills.

ESPN's Mike Rodak got hold of the details to the new, restructured contract Taylor signed on March 8 and he reports Taylor will earn $30.5 million over the next two years and will hit free agency in 2019. Under his old deal, he would have earned $40.5 million and remained under team control until 2021.

Instead, Taylor's contract will void if he's on the Bills' roster on the fifth day after the Super Bowl in 2019, Rodak adds.

The reconstructed deal also lessens Taylor's cap number and his base salary while he's with the Bills. Instead of earning $12 million in 2017, his base salary is now for $7.5 million. In 2018, his salary was dropped from $13 million to $10 million, of which only $1 million is guaranteed.

If Taylor did not agree to rework his contract, the Bills were prepared to chase free-agent quarterback Brian Hoyer, Rodak reports. The Bills ended up striking a deal with Taylor a day before the start of free agency and Hoyer signed with the San Francisco 49ers.


Every Bills fan should go out and buy Taylor jerseys in appreciation of what he did. Saved some money, but more importantly stopped Hoyer from becoming your new starting QB.


Well he also stayed because apparently no other team was going to pay him. His agent was apparently talking to other teams at the combine.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
BillsGuy82


Joined: 16 Jan 2007
Posts: 12028
Location: Niagara Falls
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigbadbuff23835 wrote:
areksoo wrote:
http://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/1254561-report-bills-taylor-took-pay-cut-contract-voids-in-2019

Quote:
It appears quarterback Tyrod Taylor made some financial sacrifices in his decision to remain with the Buffalo Bills.

ESPN's Mike Rodak got hold of the details to the new, restructured contract Taylor signed on March 8 and he reports Taylor will earn $30.5 million over the next two years and will hit free agency in 2019. Under his old deal, he would have earned $40.5 million and remained under team control until 2021.

Instead, Taylor's contract will void if he's on the Bills' roster on the fifth day after the Super Bowl in 2019, Rodak adds.

The reconstructed deal also lessens Taylor's cap number and his base salary while he's with the Bills. Instead of earning $12 million in 2017, his base salary is now for $7.5 million. In 2018, his salary was dropped from $13 million to $10 million, of which only $1 million is guaranteed.

If Taylor did not agree to rework his contract, the Bills were prepared to chase free-agent quarterback Brian Hoyer, Rodak reports. The Bills ended up striking a deal with Taylor a day before the start of free agency and Hoyer signed with the San Francisco 49ers.


Every Bills fan should go out and buy Taylor jerseys in appreciation of what he did. Saved some money, but more importantly stopped Hoyer from becoming your new starting QB.


Well he also stayed because apparently no other team was going to pay him. His agent was apparently talking to other teams at the combine.


People always overlook the obvious. Let's not act like Taylor was coveted
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
marshawn lynch


Joined: 03 Mar 2008
Posts: 21334
Location: Syracuse NY
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigbadbuff23835 wrote:
areksoo wrote:
http://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/1254561-report-bills-taylor-took-pay-cut-contract-voids-in-2019

Quote:
It appears quarterback Tyrod Taylor made some financial sacrifices in his decision to remain with the Buffalo Bills.

ESPN's Mike Rodak got hold of the details to the new, restructured contract Taylor signed on March 8 and he reports Taylor will earn $30.5 million over the next two years and will hit free agency in 2019. Under his old deal, he would have earned $40.5 million and remained under team control until 2021.

Instead, Taylor's contract will void if he's on the Bills' roster on the fifth day after the Super Bowl in 2019, Rodak adds.

The reconstructed deal also lessens Taylor's cap number and his base salary while he's with the Bills. Instead of earning $12 million in 2017, his base salary is now for $7.5 million. In 2018, his salary was dropped from $13 million to $10 million, of which only $1 million is guaranteed.

If Taylor did not agree to rework his contract, the Bills were prepared to chase free-agent quarterback Brian Hoyer, Rodak reports. The Bills ended up striking a deal with Taylor a day before the start of free agency and Hoyer signed with the San Francisco 49ers.


Every Bills fan should go out and buy Taylor jerseys in appreciation of what he did. Saved some money, but more importantly stopped Hoyer from becoming your new starting QB.


Well he also stayed because apparently no other team was going to pay him. His agent was apparently talking to other teams at the combine.


Doubtful. The Browns were prepared to offer him a huge contract. Them and their fans love Tyrod and think he is Michael Vick in his prime or something. And if Glennon made that much money you know that Tyrod deserved way more than him and would have gotten it.
_________________


Adopt a Bill: Marcell Dareus and Richie Incognito
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group