You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Offseason Strategy: RB's
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theJ

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

m haynes wrote:
Rex Burkhead is 5'10 210lbs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUV9rU8P01M

He'd be absolutely ridiculous as a pat.

He was probably the best RB on the Bengals for the last year or two, so of course he never played. He's really dynamic as a pass catcher, and a really good runner too.

~T.S. Eliot
keysersoze3421

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bluemushrooms wrote:
keysersoze3421 wrote:
Patriots had Rex Burkhead in for a visit. I actually would be a huge fan of signing Burkhead. I think it would be a mistake to label him as a redundancy, as I do think he has the potential to be more than just a third down back. He showed a bit of that last year when Giovani Bernard got hurt. He's also apparently beloved in the locker room and by the coaching staff. He's got a little size on both Lewis and White and is a better BTT runner than either.

If we didn't already have White and Lewis I'd say we should definitely sign him.

Still, he'd be worth picking up and trying.

I was disappointed with Lewis last year. He's cheap enough to hang onto, but the injury troubles are a real hindrance to his development, and he didn't look nearly as explosive in the passing game last season.

animaltested wrote:
On a scale from Kitten to Hitler, being close minded about music, and only listening to one or two genres is about a Boss Tweed.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lewis gets overrated in the pass game. He's not a particularly good receiving back. He's good with YAC but as an actual receiver, his route running and hands are mediocre at best. Throw in his durability and ball security issues and I'd have no problem moving on in the near future.

That said, he's the best actual runner on the roster so he has value. Hopefully he rebounds this year and stays healthy.
bluemushrooms

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
Lewis gets overrated in the pass game. He's not a particularly good receiving back. He's good with YAC but as an actual receiver, his route running and hands are mediocre at best. Throw in his durability and ball security issues and I'd have no problem moving on in the near future.

That said, he's the best actual runner on the roster so he has value. Hopefully he rebounds this year and stays healthy.

But...what about Tyler "The God" Gaffney?????

-Sig made by BenderRodriguez

2016 Adopt a Patriot: LeGarrette Blount
2015 Adopt a Patriot: James White

FirstDownFaulk wrote:
Chimdi is Love. Chekwa is Life.
Donut

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:

If they really like Foster and think he can be a good receiving I wouldnt be opposed to dealing Lewis away.
bluemushrooms

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donut wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:

If they really like Foster and think he can be a good receiving I wouldnt be opposed to dealing Lewis away.

They like him but, need to see field results first. Rarely do they deal a known value (Lewis) away and stick an unknown onto the field unless there was a good reason to drop the known value (e.g. trade, money, etc.)

Doubt Lewis will be going away anytime soon. If anything, he'll get a reworked contract with injury clauses

FirstDownFaulk wrote:
dhunt2402

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Peterson ends up here. Just a gut feeling.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhunt2402 wrote:
I think Peterson ends up here. Just a gut feeling.
I just can't see it happening. I don't see him in Blounts roll and I don't see the Pats changing to give him more carries. I know one thing, it will drive all the haters crazy.
bluemushrooms

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta say, I like Aaron Jones a lot more than I probably should

FirstDownFaulk wrote:
childofpudding

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

childofpudding wrote:
My guess is not much is going to happen. They'll stand pat with what they have besides some possible moves for depth behind Blount, White and Lewis. My one hope would be them moving on from Blount, but because Blount likes being on the team so much, he'll be cheap enough that they'll keep him.

Yay. Not that this is official, but it seems nearly inevitable given the signing of Burkhead. Glad I was wrong on them standing pat.

I hope Lewis gets more confident as he becomes further removed from his injury, and that Foster turns a corner.
bluemushrooms

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

childofpudding wrote:
childofpudding wrote:
My guess is not much is going to happen. They'll stand pat with what they have besides some possible moves for depth behind Blount, White and Lewis. My one hope would be them moving on from Blount, but because Blount likes being on the team so much, he'll be cheap enough that they'll keep him.

Yay. Not that this is official, but it seems nearly inevitable given the signing of Burkhead. Glad I was wrong on them standing pat.

I hope Lewis gets more confident as he becomes further removed from his injury, and that Foster turns a corner.

Foster's probably hitting the practice squad with the addition of Burkhead.

I don't know if Lewis ever had issues with confidence...

tbh I wouldn't be surprised if we dropped swapped Lewis out for Blount. Lewis gets injured so often and while he has a ton of flash plays and I love watching him weave around defenders, Burkhead and White could probably offer the same production Lewis does.

FirstDownFaulk wrote:
dhunt2402

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be OK with trading Lewis. White showed he can be the guy in the passing game, and Burkhead gives them insurance at that spot if he goes down.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhunt2402 wrote:
I'd be OK with trading Lewis. White showed he can be the guy in the passing game, and Burkhead gives them insurance at that spot if he goes down.

Not sure we'd be able to get much for Lewis. I wish we could have everyone on the RB team cause you guys know how much I love Blount but, I'd honestly be the least surprised if Lewis was the odd one out next season.

Alternatively, Bolden could get the shaft if Burkhead shows some strong special teams value.

FirstDownFaulk wrote:
childofpudding

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bluemushrooms wrote:
childofpudding wrote:

tbh I wouldn't be surprised if we dropped swapped Lewis out for Blount. Lewis gets injured so often and while he has a ton of flash plays and I love watching him weave around defenders, Burkhead and White could probably offer the same production Lewis does.

Mental confidence, absolutely I agree. Physical confidence to make the cuts he is known for after ACL surgery is a different question. It will be interesting to see how he does after a full offseason being healthy.

I hope they don't swap out Lewis for Blount. I'd much rather have Lewis in there. See how he, White and Burkhead do this season and then make a decision on who to re-sign, as they're all going to be UFAs.
lancerman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

childofpudding wrote:
bluemushrooms wrote:
childofpudding wrote:

Mental confidence, absolutely I agree. Physical confidence to make the cuts he is known for after ACL surgery is a different question. It will be interesting to see how he does after a full offseason being healthy.

I hope they don't swap out Lewis for Blount. I'd much rather have Lewis in there. See how he, White and Burkhead do this season and then make a decision on who to re-sign, as they're all going to be UFAs.

Blounts been available. Lewis has injury issues.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: