Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vikings sign Mike Remmers (#72)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
solidvikingfan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/status/840355935411396609

https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/status/840356051547480068

Quote:
Mike Remmers Vikings deal: $30M, $3M signing bonus, $3M March 15 roster bonus, salaries $1.4M (gtd), $3.9M ($3.1M gtd), $5.65M, $6M, $6.55M

Quote:
Mike Remmers has $250,000 Pro Bowl escalator from 2018 to 2021. 2021 is an option year

I don't know why but Aaron Wilson always seems so reliable at figuring out contract structure.

Last edited by solidvikingfan on Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vikingfan#84

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly that's a really nice contract for us. 5.5-6.5 Mil for an league average RT is gonna be a bargain in a couple years. If he doesn't play well we can cut him for nothing after year 2.
I love that we never get locked into bad long term deals.
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
We're paying a lot of money to a lot of average players on this line.

Reiff, Boone and Remmers are nothing special. Will they be good enough to help push us back into the playoffs?

Real talent in on the DLs ... just from a physical/training standpoint, the DL has the advantage over the OL. Thats why it appears OL talent has reduced in recent years, but rather the DL talent has just continued increasing (compared to OL). Other then a couple good ones, that we can't acquire, everyone else is either average (we have 3-4 average guys now starting) or straight bad.

Last year for most of the year it was 3 bad [LT/Fusco/Clemmings] + 2 average.
Right now its 4 average [Reiff/Boone/Remmers/Berger] + 1 bad ["RG"]

I'm hoping we can draft a C/RG would comes in and is at least average (if he ends up being good its a huge gain)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just excited that both Reiff and Remmers are good run blockers. We need to get back to having an OL that can make something happen on the ground. Actually having a running game will be a huge boost to the offense. I hope we draft a mauling RG to pair with Remmers.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heimdallr wrote:
I'm just excited that both Reiff and Remmers are good run blockers. We need to get back to having an OL that can make something happen on the ground. Actually having a running game will be a huge boost to the offense. I hope we draft a mauling RG to pair with Remmers.

It's huge. Zimmers defense needs to have an offense that can control the T.O.P. If we can, we usually can come out winning the games.

Our defense is good, but we can't depend on them to make a stop every time they go out there.

I really hope we just do something to improve in the redzone. Another key factor in going after Alshon and Pryor.

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
-Dan Gable
Heimdallr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spielman says he see Remmers "on the right side and even potentially as a guard as well"

http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/videos/Spielman-on-Reiff--Remmers-Signings-Free-Agency/6ba5eae7-e292-4d01-bb08-5037ed3a1a58

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are in a nice situation because of the versatility of Remmers and even Reiff. If we are in a situation where one of these guys like Bolles, Robinson, Ram, Garcia, or Moton may be around at 48 we can draft them and look for that mid round guard type. Someone goes in at least me have depth and the ability to put in the guy who is "most ready" and move these new guys around.

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
-Dan Gable

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: