Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

WhoDatNation's Post FA Mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhoDatNation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:10 pm    Post subject: WhoDatNation's Post FA Mock Reply with quote

Round 1a. Taco Charlton DE Michigan Charlton possesses the prototypical size for a 4-3 defense. It also helps that he is an absolute freak.

Round 1b. Jabril Peppers S Michigan The Safety play maker that we've been missing since Sharper.

Round 2. Jordan Willis DE Kansas State Another DE? Yes, we have to fill multiple DE spots, and we need a rotation.

TRADE! Trade 2 3rds to move into mid 2nd. Adore Jackson CB USC CB depth need would be an understatement.

Round 6. Taywan Taylor WR Western Kentucky another project WR.

Round 7. Chad Kelly QB Ole Miss does he have problems? Yes, but at this point, the value exceeds the risk.
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peppers ain't gonna last that long unfortunately.
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

domepatrol91 wrote:
Peppers ain't gonna last that long unfortunately.

I like Peppers as a player but where's the fit?

He's not a single high center fielder... he's more of a hybrid SS/LB which is what Vaccaro is for us. Bell can do the single high stuff but appeared to be much more comfortable playing closer to the LOS and in the slot while Vaccaro basically played as a nickel LB in 2016.

If we were gonna draft a safety, especially one that fits with what we do and compliments Vaccaro and Bell it would be Budda Baker.

WHODAT91FOREVER
Canadian Saint

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know we've been known to play 3 safety sets, but with Bell and Vaccaro is safety a big need for us?

I'm excited to see Bell's development and hopefully to see Vaccaro stay on the field for the entire season. I'd much rather pick a safety in the mid-to-later rounds for depth purposes.

NFL: New Orleans Saints
NHL: Edmonton Oilers
MLB: Minnesota Twins/ Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Phoenix Suns/Toronto Raptors
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like peppers ceiling much better than Vaccaros. Would give us an option if he left or doesn't continue his current upward trend.

I also don't think we should limit ourselves to one of these types of players. Both of these guys can cover and have shown playmaking ability when they're attacking. There should be plenty of opportunity for both guys to see the field.

Not that I think we need him or should target him or anything like that, but I definitely think he could be an asset. DE and CB are definitely bigger needs.
WhoDatNation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you guys like Jordan Willis? I think he's got star potential written all over him.
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhoDatNation wrote:
Do you guys like Jordan Willis? I think he's got star potential written all over him.

I absolutely LOVE Jordan Willis... if Garrett and Thomas are off the board at 11, I'd MUCH rather take Willis at 32 than any other DE at 11.

WHODAT91FOREVER

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: