You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bills Sign WR Philly Brown and WR Jeremy Butler

 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
marshawn lynch


Joined: 03 Mar 2008
Posts: 21588
Location: Syracuse NY
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:40 pm    Post subject: Bills Sign WR Philly Brown and WR Jeremy Butler Reply with quote

http://m.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Buffalo-agrees-to-terms-with-WR-Corey-‘Philly’-Brown/f0d9fd1b-f3ff-4e17-a659-6dcd7c5fc6e9

Seems like he could be a decent slot guy for us

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017/3/13/14913334/buffalo-bills-sign-wide-receiver-jeremy-butler
_________________


Last edited by marshawn lynch on Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cdavls17


Joined: 28 Jan 2007
Posts: 3934
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bills love to get the coaches previous team scraps. With Rex we collected Jets players, now we are collecting panthers. They still need #2 and possibly #3 wr. This should only be a depth move.
_________________


Thanks Max
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NickChowaniec


Joined: 11 Feb 2007
Posts: 5773
Location: Buffalo
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like this signing, not flashy, but a good depth move. As said, still need to address WR2 and WR3.
_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
billzz


Joined: 24 Apr 2007
Posts: 13423
Location: '09 Bills Forum HOF
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fills Marcus Easley's spot.
_________________
MCGREGOR CHECKLIST:
- knock the ring rust out of GSP.
- bash in Floyd's "little head".
- Diaz III at 155 for lightweight belt.

Claim a MLB player- Aaron Judge NYY Noah Syndergaard NYM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marshawn lynch


Joined: 03 Mar 2008
Posts: 21588
Location: Syracuse NY
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickChowaniec wrote:
Like this signing, not flashy, but a good depth move. As said, still need to address WR2 and WR3.


I think Philly can be the #3. He played out on the outside a lot in Carolina. I think a move to inside the slot better fits his play and think he could be a surprise. And witj DiMarci signed and us looking at backup TEs. I expect less 3 reciever sets
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marshawn lynch


Joined: 03 Mar 2008
Posts: 21588
Location: Syracuse NY
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017/3/13/14913334/buffalo-bills-sign-wide-receiver-jeremy-butler

We also signed Jeremy Butler

1. Sammy Watkins
2. Mike Williams
3. Philly Brown
4. Kolby Listenbee
5. Jeremy Butler

Wouldnt be to bad of a core
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hootlander


Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 1146
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most coaches will sign good players they know that can help them from prior teams because they are familiar with what they are capable of doing. Not necessarily scraps but depth and special teams slots. That being said I agree we will not get top quality FAs to come here for a while.
Peace
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marshawn lynch


Joined: 03 Mar 2008
Posts: 21588
Location: Syracuse NY
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hootlander wrote:
Most coaches will sign good players they know that can help them from prior teams because they are familiar with what they are capable of doing. Not necessarily scraps but depth and special teams slots. That being said I agree we will not get top quality FAs to come here for a while.
Peace


Oh we definetly could bring im top quality FAs. This is not the time to do it cause we have so many open spots to fill and not enough money or draft picks so we have to sign a bunch of these smaller free agents. And i think we are definetly still upgrading.

DiMarco better than Felton
Hauschka better than Carpenter
Brown better than Goodwin
Tolbert better than Bush
Butler better than Easley
Davis fits scheme better than Douzable
Poyer is younger than Graham
Hyde is equal to Williams but actually stays on field

Ducasse doesnt replace anyone and just adds compeition

These are all slight upgrades and saving us money. Pretty much this just leaves Woods, Gilmore, and Brown we gotta replace.

Woods i think Zay Jones or Chris Godwin will replace him
Gilmore i think will be replaced by Humphrey with Jones now injured. Seymour will replace Robey Coleman

As for Brown. I think the signing of Davis means that Lorenzo will be the SLB.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Buffalofan


Joined: 30 Dec 2014
Posts: 75
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
Hootlander wrote:
Most coaches will sign good players they know that can help them from prior teams because they are familiar with what they are capable of doing. Not necessarily scraps but depth and special teams slots. That being said I agree we will not get top quality FAs to come here for a while.
Peace


Oh we definetly could bring im top quality FAs. This is not the time to do it cause we have so many open spots to fill and not enough money or draft picks so we have to sign a bunch of these smaller free agents. And i think we are definetly still upgrading.

DiMarco better than Felton
Hauschka better than Carpenter
Brown better than Goodwin
Tolbert better than Bush
Butler better than Easley
Davis fits scheme better than Douzable
Poyer is younger than Graham
Hyde is equal to Williams but actually stays on field

Ducasse doesnt replace anyone and just adds compeition

These are all slight upgrades and saving us money. Pretty much this just leaves Woods, Gilmore, and Brown we gotta replace.

Woods i think Zay Jones or Chris Godwin will replace him
Gilmore i think will be replaced by Humphrey with Jones now injured. Seymour will replace Robey Coleman

As for Brown. I think the signing of Davis means that Lorenzo will be the SLB.


I hope your right because I honestly don't know much about any of the players we signed aside from Hyde
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group