Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

QB Tony Romo to retire from football; signs with CBS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anthbes24

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBoys wrote:
resilient wrote:
TheGame316 wrote:
Unless there is a realistic possibility of getting a 3rd, I'd rather just see Romo playing for a legit contender than have us hold out for a 4th/5th from Houston/Denver/Contender or "maybe" trade him to a bad situation on a desperate team for a 2nd or whatever

I'm not a fan of putting Dak back on the bench, or having Romo sit behind him and the controversy that would come with it

Addition by Subtraction is a thing

Cowboys are ready to move on and seeing Romo have a shot playing with a winner is as important to me as what the Cowboys "might" get in return

sorry to disagree with your sentiments. But if Dallas could get a 4th or 5th, I would send Romo to the CFL to make it happen

Laughing

Same.

The CFL. Gross. I would never wish that on anyone.

DalCowboyzRule

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*bump*

Per Schefter, we will release Romo who will then retire from football.

Also for those of you in DFW, Romo will be on 105.3 the fan tomorrow (4/5) at 5:30 pm with Ben and Skin. I'll definitely be tuned in.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Longer this played out the more likely it felt he would hang em up.

Just a [inappropriate/removed] way to end an otherwise terrific career. He should do very well in the brooth.

Kiltman on the sig
Jlash

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:

Just a [inappropriate/removed] way to end an otherwise terrific career. He should do very well in the brooth.

We over on the Eagles board seem to feel like the Boys did him dirty by hanging onto him through the heat of FA when it was clear no one was trading for him. What do you guys feel about it?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In before more posters like WH make the case that Romo was an all time great. I'm glad Jerry set aside his feelings and made this a business decision.

See ya Romo. Have fun on TV.

NoFlyZone wrote:
Byron Jones is terrible. I'm sorry.

Last edited by Tony7188 on Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlash wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:

We over on the Eagles board seem to feel like the Boys did him dirty by hanging onto him through the heat of FA when it was clear no one was trading for him. What do you guys feel about it?

Ultimately, yeah they did. I will add I wonder how much he wanted to play. If push came to shove, I think he could have said release me and Dallas would have. Holding him just gave him more time to think things thru with no distractions.

Kiltman on the sig
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Andrew Brandt‏Verified account @AndrewBrandt 2m2 minutes ago

Per @toddarcher Cowboys expected to make Romo post-June 1 release, meaning $10.7M Cap hit this year (3rd highest on team), $8.9M next year.

Kiltman on the sig
Trapt32

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still don't understand this sadness of Romo leaving, in fact I'm more upset that we aren't getting anything for him..but here's my bigger problem, he's only won 2 playoff games in his entire career, he hasn't played much in 2 years, he's had the teams to win the Super Bowl..He was a mediocre QB that got paid like a Super Bowl winning QB, if he truly wanted to continue to play then he should have given some of his bloated contract back to Dallas so that Dallas could facilitate a trade...Am I sad to see him go, in a word NO.. Good luck in Broadcasting Tony, don't let the door hit you in the a$$ on the way out...he couldn't be trusted when it mattered..we had a better chance to win a Super Bowl with a rookie 4th round QB last year then we ever had with Romo over the past decade...So I sad this to those of you that are sad..fine be sad but make it quick and move on because we are far better off without Romo then we would've been with him..
romo2bryant

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trapt32 wrote:
I still don't understand this sadness of Romo leaving, in fact I'm more upset that we aren't getting anything for him..but here's my bigger problem, he's only won 2 playoff games in his entire career, he hasn't played much in 2 years, he's had the teams to win the Super Bowl..He was a mediocre QB that got paid like a Super Bowl winning QB, if he truly wanted to continue to play then he should have given some of his bloated contract back to Dallas so that Dallas could facilitate a trade...Am I sad to see him go, in a word NO.. Good luck in Broadcasting Tony, don't let the door hit you in the a$$ on the way out...he couldn't be trusted when it mattered..we had a better chance to win a Super Bowl with a rookie 4th round QB last year then we ever had with Romo over the past decade...So I sad this to those of you that are sad..fine be sad but make it quick and move on because we are far better off without Romo then we would've been with him..

ya i dont care if i get warned, you sir are a [inappropriate/removed].
eagles suck

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlash wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:

I thought it was a smart move. Cowboys haven't had a Romo type QB since Aikman. If I'm going to see him on another team I want to get something for it, if not he was still my backup.

If your Romo wouldn't you feel some type of way that no other team would want to give up a 5th, 6th or even 7th rd pick for you. Romo knows he worth way more than that and it hurts both ways for him.

RECEPTION-69 YARDS-673 TD'S-3
Trapt32

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

romo2bryant wrote:
Trapt32 wrote:

ya i dont care if i get warned, you sir are a [inappropriate/removed].

Why because I spoke the truth about your beloved Romo? I am a Dallas fan have been since I was 5 and I've never seen so much uproar over a mediocre QB..We as a team are far better off without him, and I won't be surprised at all if Dak leads us to the promise land, again my only sadness in the Romo situation is that we got no compensation for him..
DalCowboyzRule

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trapt32 wrote:
*paragraph full of crap*

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DalCowboyzRule wrote:
Trapt32 wrote:
*paragraph full of crap*

my thoughts as well.
Jlash

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles suck wrote:
If your Romo wouldn't you feel some type of way that no other team would want to give up a 5th, 6th or even 7th rd pick for you. Romo knows he worth way more than that and it hurts both ways for him.

You're making an awfully big assumption on what the Cowboys were asking for him. If they were willing to part with him for a 7th, they should've been equally as willing to cut him once no trade was imminent. I think they wanted much more.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those stating Romo was only mediocre let us not forget the years between Aikman and Romo. Yeah, he had his faults but I assure he won more games for us than he lost. We had a pass happy OC for years and some pretty bad defenses with a couple of "good" ones sprinkled in the middle.

------------------------------------------------------

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 11 of 18

Jump to: