Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

A plan to get Jimmy Garoppolo?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xenajets

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:14 am    Post subject: A plan to get Jimmy Garoppolo? Reply with quote

Obviously there is no conceivable way the Patriots would trade him to us but what's the likelihood he becomes a FA at the end of this year and if NE don't franchise tag him could we swoop in and get him?

We could then spend our first round pick on a stud LT or pass rusher and still potentially have a franchise QB??

What's the chances of this happening?

Many thanks to IDOG_det on the sig
Bobby816

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

.001%

Our odds of Hack being our franchise QB are higher.
jetfuel

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what I think is happening behind close doors.

Tom Brady and his wife have decided that this is his last year but do not want to go out in public and say this because he does not want to be put on a fair well tour. I think after the super bowl his body felt really bad after taking a beating in that game. He told BB this and I think he might leave with Brady or stay a few more years. This is why the Jimmy G thing came up about trading him then not trading him. BB wants a QB he can trust and knows the system for 2018 just incase he comes back BB that is.

Other clues are this.
The Pats never give up 1st round picks and they did for Cooks. They are making a big splash with the Gilmore signing. They claim that they want to move Butler but I think they are asking for a lot for him and would rather keep him for this year to help Brady get back too the Super Bowl. They are all in this year and when 2019 rolls around the Pats will be in cap hell with no BB or Brady.
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:33 am    Post subject: Re: A plan to get Jimmy Garoppolo? Reply with quote

xenajets wrote:
Obviously there is no conceivable way the Patriots would trade him to us but what's the likelihood he becomes a FA at the end of this year and if NE don't franchise tag him could we swoop in and get him?

We could then spend our first round pick on a stud LT or pass rusher and still potentially have a franchise QB??

What's the chances of this happening?
If anything, NE would franchise him and then trade him. Either way, I highly doubt he's a Patriot after the draft.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if the Pats didn't franchise him they'd at least give him a first round tender. We have no shot at him.
KingOfTheDot

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rdelaney89 wrote:
Even if the Pats didn't franchise him they'd at least give him a first round tender. We have no shot at him.

Tender?

Quote:
@CRO31: @KellenWinslowJr you wish you were as good as your dad. Have you been to TARGET lately?
Huff4ever

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheDot wrote:
rdelaney89 wrote:

Tender?

He's talking about like a RFA tender but Jimmy G will be a regular free agent not restricted so for them to keep him next year they would have to sign him long term or franchise tag him
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huff4ever wrote:
KingOfTheDot wrote:
rdelaney89 wrote:

Tender?

He's talking about like a RFA tender but Jimmy G will be a regular free agent not restricted so for them to keep him next year they would have to sign him long term or franchise tag him

Ah, I'm a moron you are right. Recently I was talking about McCarron getting tendered next year and got my stories all discombobulated. Yes he will be franchised next year and traded if it doesn't happen this year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: