Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Is this the real quarterback issue?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
harold650

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:00 pm    Post subject: Is this the real quarterback issue? Reply with quote

Facts: Browns quarterback play has been awful most all of the time since 1999 and hopelessly bad in 2016. Given that essentially true statement, then is this the basic decision to be made?

Are we willing to take a "franchise" quarterback who should or will be better than the past list of disasters even if you have doubts he can ever be a "championship" quarterback?

For comparison's sake, would you be content with a player like Andy Dalton who could get wins but maybe not a title?

The reason I ask is that is what I see Garoppolo being. Perhaps a better quarterback could be drafted this year or next. A draft gamble with maybe a bigger payoff.

As always, I wait for the forum wise men to provide great answers.

Thank you. Shocked
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our problem is that we have not drafted ok QBs. Really, if you get an OK QB you can win a championship with a good team around him. Seen it lots of times. Our problem is we have routinely picked the worst QBs possible since Tim Couch, and surrounded those horrible QBs with a horrible team.

Bradys, Montanas, Mannings, Youngs, Kellys, Marinos, Elways, Aikmans, Roethlisburgers, Breeses... those kind of QBs are very rare. You simply can not pass up the Daltons, Flaccos, Tannehills, Rivers, Kosars, Esiasons etc. just in hopes of landing one of those all world QBs while playing just any loser with a pulse behind center.

Speaking of Kelly, honestly, I would not mind drafting Chad Kelly late. He has the physical tools, the pedigree, just needs to grow up. Not sure if our locker room has the ability to help with that or not, but if he becomes a problem, cut him, its just a late round pick. I think its a good risk.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: