Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

TCMD: Seattle War Room - Welcome to all Seattle fans

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:53 pm    Post subject: TCMD: Seattle War Room - Welcome to all Seattle fans Reply with quote

Off-Season Moves

CAP Space: TBD

ERFA Signings
RB Troymaine Pope
WLB/SS Dewey McDonald

RFA Signings
DeShawn Shead - 2nd round tender
Brock Coyle - No compensation

UFA Signings
CB Dre Kirkpatrick - Immediately will compete and should start at RCB opposite of Sherm. Has the needed size and length to perform in Seattle's defense. One of the NFL's premier corners against the deep ball last season.
Year 1 cap hit: 6.5M (2 years, 15M, 3M total guaranteed)

RB Adrian Peterson - A 1 year rental on a future HoFer. Whether Peterson has "it" still remains to be seen but the gamble is worth the price. Seattle is committed to working from under center and establishing a dominant run game. Peterson can be cut at no cost if Seattle's backfield steps up.
Year 1 cap hit: 8.6M (0 guaranteed)

RT Mike Remmers - Went for far cheaper than he should have after being force into spot duty at LT. He will compete at RT in Seattle, where he will be able to show off his dominant run blocking and solid pass protection.
Year 1 cap hit: 2.5M (1M total guaranteed over 2 years)

DE/DT Jack Crawford - Jack of all trades with a motor and experience along every position. Will be the primary backup to Bennett on run downs and can spell a couple different guys depending on the look.
Year 1 cap hit: 800K

FB James Develin - An old school brusing fullback on the cheap. Seattle needs to get back to an identitiy of pounding the ball and Develin gives us FB to do that.
Year 1 cap hit: 775K

DE Wes Horton - Cheap rotational depth as a pass rusher who will compete for a roster spot.
Year 1 cap hit: 690K (1 year deal)

SLB Jordan Tripp - Cheap depth at SLB and a versatile athlete
Year 1 cap hit: 615K (1 year deal)

NT Paul Soliai - A veteran with quite a few good years in the league. We have him on a 1 year deal as Reed's backup. He'll rotate so we can maximize him for 20-30 plays a game in run stopping situations.
Year 1 cap hit: 1M (1 year deal)

UT Jonathan Babineaux - A veteran with a knack for creating pressure from inside. He wont play a ton of snaps for us but has super bowl experience and the hunger to win one. He'll provide veteran leadership and a spark in the DL room as well as a situational role.
Year 1 cap hit: 1M (1 year deal)

TE Luke Willson - We did not expect to be able to resign Willson when the offseason began. The market wasn't what he hoped for and we believe we got a steal with Willson. He has mastered our offense and plays a vital starting role for us here opposite of Graham at an appetizing price tag.
Year 1 cap hit: 3.1M (2 years, 6.4M, 3M guaranteed)

FA Resignings (all for vet min. or very close)

SLB Mike Morgan

CB Neiko Thorpe

CB Mohammed Seisay

S Kelcie McCray

Draft Picks

TRADE: Seattle sends 1.26 and 3.105 for 1.17

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Round: 1st Pick: 17 Overall: 17 | Seattle selects Garrett Bolles, LT, Utah

A spectacular athlete with good length and a nastiness that an OL requires and can rarely be taught. He fits Seattle's zone scheme perfectly and is a true tackle, something Seattle hasn't been able to draft in a while. At 24, 25 when the season starts, age is obviously not ideal. However, there is a premium on the tackle position and Bolles in our minds is the only potential elite talent left.

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Round: 2nd Pick: 26 Overall: 58 | Seahawks select Kevin King, CB/FS, Washington

King is too tempting off a prospect to pass up on. Excellent size and sthletic traits with experience in the nickel and at FS. He'll have a role as a matchup nickel CB for us right off the bat and gives us a backup FS who can fill the role better than Terrell ever did. He will be groomed as a future starter

TRADE
MKnight82 wrote:
Washington Redskins announce the following trade:

Seattle Seahawks receive:

3.41 (105)
6.10 (194)
7.02 (220)

Washington Redskins receive:

#90 overall

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Round: 3rd Pick: 41 Overall: 105 | Seattle Seahawks select 4642 Larry Ogunjobi - DL

Seattle loves the athleticism and hustle of Ogunjobi and believes the staff and Bennett can teach him how to better use his hands

TRADE
Seattle sends 184 and 210
Colts send 171

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Round: 5th Pick: 27 Overall: 172 | Seattle Seahawks select 4514 John Johnson - FS/NCB

A versatile player with great quickness and hips. He's a sound tackler and a great special teams coverage player who can play the nickel and FS spot in Seattle

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Pick 194

Seattle selects Ethan Cooper, OG 4360

Small school guy with a massive frame and had great movement skills in on-field drills at the combine. Have not had a chance to watch a ton of film on him (haven't found much of anything) but willing to take a chance on this giant of a human

Tatupu_64 wrote:
With picks 209, the Seattle Seahawks select...

4597 EDGE/LB Keion Adams

A player who should be talked about more, Adams has natural bend as a pass rusher and more than one move to fall back on. He shows explosion and nice agility. Seattle believes he can transition to SAM here in a Bruce Irvin type role.

TRADE
Seattle sends Jeremy Lane
Colts send 210, 218, 2018 5th round pick

Tatupu_64 wrote:
With the 210 pick in the NFL draft, the Seattle Seahawks select...

4482 CB Jeremy Clark
At 6'3, 220, with almost 33" arms, Clark fits the mold of what Seattle likes with their corners. He has NFL athleticism and a willigness to play the run game. Clark is a developmental prospect with room to grow

Tatupu_64 wrote:
With the 218th pick in the NFL draft, the Seattle Seahawks select...

4078 Ben Braden, OG/OT, Michigan

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Round: 7th Pick: 26 Overall: 247 | Seattle Seahawks select 4227 WR Damore'ea Stringfellow

Big bodied WR who is a bully when going up for the ball in a crowd.

#1 ET Supporter

Last edited by Tatupu_64 on Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:02 am; edited 13 times in total
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depth Chart
QB: Russell Wilson || Trevone Boykin
HB: Adrian Peterson || Thomas Rawls || CJ Prosise || Alex Collins
FB: James Develin || Malcolm Johnson
WR1: Doug Baldwin || Paul Richardson || Kenny Lawler
WR2: Jermaine Kerase || Tanner McEvoy || Kasen Williams || Damore'ea Stringfellow
Slot: Tyler Lockett
TE: Jimmy Graham || Luke Willson || Nick Vannett
LT: Garett Bolles || George Fant
LG: Mark Glowinski || Ehan Cooper || Robert Myers
C: Justin Britt || Joey Hunt
RG: Germain Ifedi || Ben Braden
RT: Mike Remmers || Reese Odhiambo

LDE: Michael Bennett || Jack Crawford || Quinton Jefferson
NT: Jarran Reed || Paul Soliai || Garrison Smith
UT: Ahtyba Rubin || Larry Ogunjobi || Jonathan Babineaux || Quinton Jefferson
LEO: Cliff Avril || Frank Clark || Wes Horton || Cassius Marsh
SLB: Mike Morgan || Cassius Marsh || Jordan Tripp
MLB: Bobby Wagner || Brock Coyle
WLB: KJ Wright || Kevin Pierre-Louis || Dewey McDonald
CB1: Richard Sherman || Kevin King || DeShawn Shead || Mohammed Seisay
SLOT: DeShawn Shead || Neiko Thorpe || John Johnson
FS: Earl Thomas || John Johnson
SS: Kam Chancellor || Kelcie McCray
CB2: Dre Kirkpatrick || DeAndre Elliot || Jeremy Clark

K: Blair Walsh
P: John Ryan
LS: Nolan Frese || Tyler Ott

#1 ET Supporter

Last edited by Tatupu_64 on Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:02 am; edited 9 times in total
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, nyjefferis runs a really cool Mock Draft during the offseason and I agreed to take on the role of Seattle's GM. We're just starting FA now. I signed Troymaine Pope, Shead, Brock Coyle, and Dewey McDonald (good ST player, didn't mean to do it but oh well)

Currently looking at guys to bid on for the first round of free agency. In opinions you have on FA and especially the draft will be welcome! I can use an extra set of eyes or ten. Please, critique and add insight!

First "big" move!

Seattle signs CB Dre Kirkpatrick in the first round of FA. He'll make 6.5M his first year to be the #2 CB. I would consider cutting Lane and letting Shead play the slot but we'd hardly save money so we'll ride out the year with Lane as the dime back and a STer. Kirkpatrick excels at playing the deep ball and has the length we covet. Cinci plays more of a press man scheme but I believe he can transition to our D with the right coaching. Shead imo is a more natural NCB and this will maximize his talents and allow us to play matchups

#1 ET Supporter
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next round of bidding is tomorrow, if anyone is interested in helping me decide send a pm my way

#1 ET Supporter
TheChancellor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would cut Lane sooner rather than later, that's at least what I did. Not a bad idea to still have him around either, but meh.

Quote:
Nobody who ever gave his best regretted it.
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheChancellor wrote:
I would cut Lane sooner rather than later, that's at least what I did. Not a bad idea to still have him around either, but meh.
Yeah, I may end up cutting if I get some other players here. For now, the cap I'd save doesn't seem that worth it

#1 ET Supporter
NFL_Announcer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheChancellor wrote:

Well pretty sure we LOSE money by cutting Lane (in terms of cap)... and at this point he's no worse than a rookie or backup we're going to get for $2M.

Not sure I understand this comment.
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Seattle made some big moves in FA

Signings:
HB Adrian Peterson - 1 year, 8.6M, none of it is guaranteed. It is a lot of money but there's also zero risk. We'll see how he looks in cap and preseason. If he has it still, our running game will be revived and then some. If he doesn't, we'll cut him with no penality

FB/TE Rhett Ellison - good blocker on the cheap

TE Luke Willson - Very familiar with our offense at a price point we thought was fair. We are a little shocked someone didn't offer him 5M+ a year but happy to have him back for two more years in an offense that loves two TE sets. With Jimmy on the final year of his deal, this gives us some flexibility with what we do there as well

#1 ET Supporter
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated

#1 ET Supporter
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
Washington Redskins announce the following trade:

Seattle Seahawks receive:

3.41 (105)
6.10 (194)
7.02 (220)

Washington Redskins receive:

#90 overall

#1 ET Supporter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: