Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jaylon Smith's nerve damage in leg not improving...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
resilient

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, JS has a drop foot, a nerve that won't "fire" and may only be at 80% yet is running a 4.5 Think something aint makin sense Shocked
ware94

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if this had been posted, but .....

http://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/2017/03/02/dallas-cowboys-jaylon-smith-knee-acl-nerve-regenerate-jr-reed-peroneal-nerve-brace-mcl-drop-foot/
NCAA- Auburn Tigers
DaBoys

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
Quote:
Talked to Jaylon Smith. Believes he could've played by now, being patient. Nerve regenerating. Brace not a factor anymore. Ran 4.5 other day Todd Archer (@toddarcher) January 5, 2017

So...confused. Laughing

From what I'm gathering:

1) His nerve is regenerating, he is not wearing a brace and ran a 4.5

2) SJ made comments that they think he can contribute this year. However, he said he can't say for certain he'll be the dominant player he was at Notre Dame. Makes sense, we won't know for sure how well he's actually recovered until he's got pads on and playing real football.

3) Crapoport twisted SJ's statements and found a "source" to who says Jaylon's nerve hasn't regenerated.

Kinda - that Quote from Archer was from ~2 months ago, I was just reminding you all. Here is Archer from today:

Quote:
I've been told the nerve is regenerating, not fully yet and it might never, but there is a sensation there now that was not last year.

So...we may never get Jaylon at 100%...but even at 80%, I'd have to imagine we're still getting a damn good player.

The only reason he is on our team is because he got hurt. I'll take 80% Smith as a Cowboy over 100% Smith as a Giant.

Adopt a Cowboy: X Dez Bryant X ~ 50 Rec ~ 796 Yds ~ 8 TDs ~ 15.9 YPC ~ 1 Passing TD ~ 4 games missed
Matts4313

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2017/03/04/cowboys-owner-jerry-jones-says-jaylon-smith-can-play-right-now-know-nerves-responding

Adopted Cowboy - Jaylon Smith - Stats:NERVE FIRING!
Matts4313

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaylon has "foot activation"

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/03/06/myles-garrett-combine-cleveland-browns-nfl-draft

Adopted Cowboy - Jaylon Smith - Stats:NERVE FIRING!
cromagnum

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
Jaylon has "foot activation"

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/03/06/myles-garrett-combine-cleveland-browns-nfl-draft

If jaylon can become half the player he was at ND I'd take it. I have serious doubts though. He looked pretty good in training videos but nobody knows what's going to happen when he starts crashing into 300 pound linemen. I have serious doubts his leg will hold up if he still has nerve issues.
Action Jackson

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still think it was dumb to risk a guy with that serious a health issue with such a high pick. Especially with Noah Spence sitting there on the board. But we have him so I hope he's good. I can't make heads or tails. Some places say his nerve did fire others say no. Who know's the truth really? I do know one thing. Ian Crappaport is full of [inappropriate/removed] and how he still has a job or is taken seriously blows my mind.

He just made up that 3 team trade BS including Romo/Cousins smh

EL ramster on the sig!
Jlash

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Action Jackson wrote:
Still think it was dumb to risk a guy with that serious a health issue with such a high pick. Especially with Noah Spence sitting there on the board. But we have him so I hope he's good. I can't make heads or tails. Some places say his nerve did fire others say no. Who know's the truth really? I do know one thing. Ian Crappaport is full of [inappropriate/removed] and how he still has a job or is taken seriously blows my mind.

From what I've read, the Redskins themselves leaked that fake report to draw attention away from their odd GM situation. What can Rappaport do if a team blatantly lies to him? When the source is directly from high up team personnel you don't expect to get played like that.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys tape there feet and ankles so much I doubt there is that much voluntary mobility in the foot/ankle joint anyways

As long as when he's running he doesn't catch his toe on the turf and trip himself he should be fine
5x10

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Action Jackson wrote:

spence was out due to drug issues in the past combined with the failed Gregory pick

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: