Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How to Finish Free Agency...

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Lions4Eva


Joined: 05 Mar 2016
Posts: 82
Location: Somewhere in Michigan
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:57 pm    Post subject: How to Finish Free Agency... Reply with quote

TE Jared Cook: 3 years, 18 Million+Incentives
OL T.J. Lang: 5 years, 40 Million (including incentives)
WR Anquan Boldin: 1 year, 1.5 Million+Incentives
LB Zach Brown: 3 years, 20 Million
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TimeForChange


Joined: 15 Oct 2013
Posts: 3390
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think the Lions push hard for Lang and he is the last "big" signing.

Continued depth moves and I would be really happy if we could add someone like Brown. I just don't see it happening.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Louis Friend


Joined: 07 Apr 2010
Posts: 10825
Location: Detroit, Michigan
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really want Cook.
_________________

Sig by El Ramster
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nnivolcm


Joined: 07 Aug 2008
Posts: 11089
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis Friend wrote:
I really want Cook.


Isn't Cook just a older version of Ebron? No blocking, inconsistent hands, occasional splash play.
_________________
Montana badboy wrote:
Nnivolcm is a boss. That is all.
LionsFTW wrote:
All hail Nnivolcm.

Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LionsFTW


Joined: 25 Jan 2010
Posts: 20526
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have to have to have to do something at LB and have to have to have to get a playmaker on the DL. If we don't, this offseason would be considered a failure. Quinn cannot fix the defense entirely through the draft. That's like quitting your job hoping to hit the lottery. Defense should have been priority 1 heading into the offseason, and all we've done is got worse when we let go of Levy and brought in three outcasts with only one having upside.
_________________
thelawoffices wrote:
theuntouchable wrote:
What's a matter TLO? Cat got your tongue?


I have mono you [inappropriate/removed]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TimeForChange


Joined: 15 Oct 2013
Posts: 3390
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
We have to have to have to do something at LB and have to have to have to get a playmaker on the DL. If we don't, this offseason would be considered a failure. Quinn cannot fix the defense entirely through the draft. That's like quitting your job hoping to hit the lottery. Defense should have been priority 1 heading into the offseason, and all we've done is got worse when we let go of Levy and brought in three outcasts with only one having upside.
I think you are in love with the idea of what Levy should be rather than what he is.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LionsFTW


Joined: 25 Jan 2010
Posts: 20526
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TimeForChange wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
We have to have to have to do something at LB and have to have to have to get a playmaker on the DL. If we don't, this offseason would be considered a failure. Quinn cannot fix the defense entirely through the draft. That's like quitting your job hoping to hit the lottery. Defense should have been priority 1 heading into the offseason, and all we've done is got worse when we let go of Levy and brought in three outcasts with only one having upside.
I think you are in love with the idea of what Levy should be rather than what he is.


We don't know what he is. Don't we owe it to ourselves to find out?
_________________
thelawoffices wrote:
theuntouchable wrote:
What's a matter TLO? Cat got your tongue?


I have mono you [inappropriate/removed]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sllim Pickens


Moderator
Joined: 02 Jan 2007
Posts: 20716
Location: Middle of the Mitten
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Levy move should be a last ditch effort when we need cap space. If he doesn't play oh well, if he does he is still probably the best we had at LB.

I do agree we need to do more on D. We have a hole at RG, WR/RB depth, TE depth, and then need 2/3 starting LBs, a starting DE, and depth in the secondary. That's a lot of holes to try and fill in a draft.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
1King


Moderator
Joined: 11 Mar 2008
Posts: 46317
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:55 pm    Post subject: Re: How to Finish Free Agency... Reply with quote

Lions4Eva wrote:
TE Jared Cook: 3 years, 18 Million+Incentives
OL T.J. Lang: 5 years, 40 Million (including incentives)
WR Anquan Boldin: 1 year, 1.5 Million+Incentives
LB Zach Brown: 3 years, 20 Million


Pretty sure we don't have enough cap space for all that.
_________________
El ramster wrote:
1king showing why he's one the best posters in this site.


candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome


TEAM STYLISH
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rob_shadows


Joined: 30 Dec 2006
Posts: 3586
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:13 pm    Post subject: Re: How to Finish Free Agency... Reply with quote

1King wrote:
Lions4Eva wrote:
TE Jared Cook: 3 years, 18 Million+Incentives
OL T.J. Lang: 5 years, 40 Million (including incentives)
WR Anquan Boldin: 1 year, 1.5 Million+Incentives
LB Zach Brown: 3 years, 20 Million


Pretty sure we don't have enough cap space for all that.


Not to mention even if we did...it would be a horrible finish to sign Cook.,,he's a one dimensional inconsistent athletic TE...we already have one of those.

Seriously I'd honestly rather see the Lions take one of the 3 potential first round TEs (Howard, Njoku, Engram) then sign see them sign Cook...and I don't want an offensive player in the 1st (Although...I do have to admit...it'd be mighty tempting if Howard does fall...or maybe even John Ross for that matter...more speed never hurts)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group