Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Kenneth Dixon Suspended

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coordinator0

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:17 pm    Post subject: Kenneth Dixon Suspended Reply with quote

Quote:
Jeff Zrebiec‏Verified account @jeffzrebiecsun 44s45 seconds ago

RB Kenneth DIxon has been suspended for the first four games of 2017 for violating league's policy on PEDs

Crying or Very sad

Man, this happens too often with the Ravens. Going after Woodhead makes a bit more sense now.
ravens5520

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... makes sense about Woodhead then. I can never understand why the younger guys make that decision. Even when we got nailed last year for Boyle
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what an idiot

[quote="SFPatsFan"]

Flaccomania is a genius who is an expert on literally everything he talks about so you should trust him. [/quote]
dcarey20

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great.
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've really run out of patience with idiot players who get suspended. Hope the Ravens replace this moron in the draft.

This should be Harbaugh's next rule - Take PEDs, we'll give someone else your roster spot.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mancunian Raven wrote:

This should be Harbaugh's next rule - Take PEDs, we'll give someone else your roster spot.

Agreed. Or at least "get busted for PEDs, we'll match the NFL's suspension". Set a hard line.

[quote="SFPatsFan"]

Flaccomania is a genius who is an expert on literally everything he talks about so you should trust him. [/quote]
RavensTillIDie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two things.

First, I mentioned in the NFL News forum, but what do you guys think does for the RB position as far as draft needs? West and Woodhead aren't exactly world beaters and there had been talk of upgrading the position even before Dixon got suspended.

Second, with many of the young guys in recent memory taking PEDs on the Ravens, e.g. Asa Jackson, Nick Boyle, Kenneth Dixon, I wonder if there is some hint of foul play or anyone within the organization making a push to get these young guys to go this route? (Just playing devil's advocate here)

Oregon Ducks wrote:
KingBishop wrote:
Can we respectfully create a Ducks forum and you just stay there?
Take it easy, Donald Trump.
drd23

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mancunian Raven wrote:
I've really run out of patience with idiot players who get suspended. Hope the Ravens replace this moron in the draft.

There'd be nobody on the roster then Laughing

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensTillIDie wrote:
Two things.

First, I mentioned in the NFL News forum, but what do you guys think does for the RB position as far as draft needs? West and Woodhead aren't exactly world beaters and there had been talk of upgrading the position even before Dixon got suspended.

Second, with many of the young guys in recent memory taking PEDs on the Ravens, e.g. Asa Jackson, Nick Boyle, Kenneth Dixon, I wonder if there is some hint of foul play or anyone within the organization making a push to get these young guys to go this route? (Just playing devil's advocate here)

The Ravens have to do something now, to replace Dixon for those first four games. Which is what is so incredibly annoying about this. Either they keep Allen or Taliaferro around, they find another FA, or they have to look at drafting a guy who can contribute right away.

Dixon's stupidity forces them to change their plans to accommodate his actions.

If the organisation, or anyone in it, is encouraging players to take PEDs, then I hope they get found out. But I think it's more likely that this is just a culture amongst a lot of players, these days.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mancunian Raven wrote:
RavensTillIDie wrote:
Two things.

The Ravens have to do something now, to replace Dixon for those first four games. Which is what is so incredibly annoying about this. Either they keep Allen or Taliaferro around, they find another FA, or they have to look at drafting a guy who can contribute right away.

If the organisation, or anyone in it, is encouraging players to take PEDs, then I hope they get found out. But I think it's more likely that this is just a culture amongst a lot of players, these days.

It's without a doubt the standard to take PEDs in the NFL, there's no way to keep up other wise with the physical demands and the injuries. How many players actually take them is up for debate could be anywhere from 5% of the league to 40% but it's definitely much more common than the NFL would want you to know.

I doubt anyone in the ravens originzation is pushing players to take PEDs but then again the NFL doctors are paid by the teams so who knows.

Either way the ravens are locked into drafting a RB in the first 4 rounds of the draft.

Current owner of the Portland Horned Owls in the Bizzaro Dynasty league, PM me for a co-owner role.
sp6488

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OleXmad wrote:
Mancunian Raven wrote:
RavensTillIDie wrote:
Two things.

It's without a doubt the standard to take PEDs in the NFL, there's no way to keep up other wise with the physical demands and the injuries. How many players actually take them is up for debate could be anywhere from 5% of the league to 40% but it's definitely much more common than the NFL would want you to know.

I doubt anyone in the ravens originzation is pushing players to take PEDs but then again the NFL doctors are paid by the teams so who knows.

Either way the ravens are locked into drafting a RB in the first 4 rounds of the draft.

Important to note that team doctors wouldn't be the ones administering PEDs (or banned substances). This is a decision that players make on their own.

I wouldn't say it locks them into anything necessarily. I don't see what precludes them from rolling with West/Woodhead/Allen (and/or LTF) for four games.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: