Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Browns pull MLB/NBA trade with Osweiler, cash, picks
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FLAbrownfan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EL Brownso wrote:
FLAbrownfan wrote:
buno67 wrote:
ReggieCamp wrote:
MWil23 wrote:
Great trade, but serious question:

WYR trade him for a low pick/cut him

OR

Have him start this year and forego drafting or trading for a QB

Cutting him doesn't make much sense. He's at least better than Kevin Hogan.

My guess is that we trade him. If we keep him, and don't do anything else at QB? That will negate much of the good they have done so far...

I think there is no issue in keeping him tho. Even if they dont do anything else at QB. Kessler and a Brock battle could be interesting. Brock has all the tools you want for a QB in the AFC. I remember wanting him when he was in the draft.

I dont know people praise Elway but they had Brock marked to be the starter for his team last year until Brock decided to chase the money. Dude just had a horrible year last year. I dont know if he will have a horrible career. A coach like Hue could be the one to help him maybe. If he sucks and Kessler is nothing special the Browns should be drafting high enough that they could go after a QB or trade up to get a QB. I know its early but I like the 3 top tier QBs next year. but who knows what it will be like next year. Also if he sucks, he can be cut and cost nothing for them

Agreed, there is no value in cutting him. Announcing that he is available for trade is smart, see if we can get value for him- if not keep him- the money doesn't matter to Jimmy H it seems, and maybe if a QB gets hurt for another team we can field some calls for him. This was a brilliant move, and I love that the Bill Polian's of the world hate the move!

There actually is a value to cut him. If another team signed him, we would not be responsible for all of the salary. Just the amount that remains from whatever the team signs him for. If he signed a 1 year $6M contract, we would owe him $10M.

Our luck a contender will sign him for a one year league minimum contract and we still owe 15 million Laughing

R.I.P Crackburn, always in our hearts
adopt a Brown: Davone Bess - The best- one catch, one first down--- never mind person foul takes away! arrghhh Reg on the SIG
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLAbrownfan wrote:
EL Brownso wrote:
FLAbrownfan wrote:
buno67 wrote:
ReggieCamp wrote:
MWil23 wrote:
Great trade, but serious question:

WYR trade him for a low pick/cut him

OR

Have him start this year and forego drafting or trading for a QB

Cutting him doesn't make much sense. He's at least better than Kevin Hogan.

My guess is that we trade him. If we keep him, and don't do anything else at QB? That will negate much of the good they have done so far...

I think there is no issue in keeping him tho. Even if they dont do anything else at QB. Kessler and a Brock battle could be interesting. Brock has all the tools you want for a QB in the AFC. I remember wanting him when he was in the draft.

I dont know people praise Elway but they had Brock marked to be the starter for his team last year until Brock decided to chase the money. Dude just had a horrible year last year. I dont know if he will have a horrible career. A coach like Hue could be the one to help him maybe. If he sucks and Kessler is nothing special the Browns should be drafting high enough that they could go after a QB or trade up to get a QB. I know its early but I like the 3 top tier QBs next year. but who knows what it will be like next year. Also if he sucks, he can be cut and cost nothing for them

Agreed, there is no value in cutting him. Announcing that he is available for trade is smart, see if we can get value for him- if not keep him- the money doesn't matter to Jimmy H it seems, and maybe if a QB gets hurt for another team we can field some calls for him. This was a brilliant move, and I love that the Bill Polian's of the world hate the move!

There actually is a value to cut him. If another team signed him, we would not be responsible for all of the salary. Just the amount that remains from whatever the team signs him for. If he signed a 1 year $6M contract, we would owe him $10M.

Our luck a contender will sign him for a one year league minimum contract and we still owe 15 million Laughing

Depending on the market, you trade him to said contender.

Convert 15 million of his salary to a roster bonus, pay him, trade him to the next team that will only have to pay him the remains 1 million in exchange for another pick.

Now, instead of paying 16 million for a 2nd, you've paid 15 million for a 2nd and another pick.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: