You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Eagles sign G Chance Warmack to a 1 year deal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phire

Location: #FSU #2012 Eagles HoF #2012 Gold Standard #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY #DERWIN
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hockey5djh wrote:
Phire wrote:
jonu62882 wrote:
Phire wrote:
Take it for what it's worth but the Eagles have usually made their team cuts prior to FA to give those players a chance to find jobs during the FA period. This isn't always the case, but it has been the norm, especially for players they respect. I remember Howie specifically talking about making cuts prior to FA to allow for this.

If they were going to cut someone like Kelce it would have been done already. This means they're headed into the year with him as the slated starter or will allow him to compete then, if necessary, cut him if he loses the job, or is traded, whatever.

But for those holding their breath that Kelce is cut to make room for more FAs, I somehow doubt that. I think the Eagles respect him too much to not give him the full FA period to find a job.

As always, I reserve the right to be wrong.

Aren't the Eagles over the cap with these signings? I would think they need to cut players or they be over the cap and won't have money for the draft picks.

Yeah we're 6-7 mil over the cap now. I'm not sure how Howie's going to handle this but I'm sure he has a plan. I think Ryan Matthews is the easiest cut to make.

Ryan Matthews gets you 4 of the 6-7 Mil that we're over the cap. I kind of feel like the writing is on the wall for Kelce because not only do we need to find another couple mil but we also need to make room to sign our draft picks.

With Warmack and the deal we just gave Wis, I agree.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: