You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Mock Offseason

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JRH54824

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:04 pm    Post subject: 2017 Mock Offseason Reply with quote

PLAYERS RE-SIGNED

RG TJ Lang-
Lang is one of the best lineman in the league, it would be a big loss if he left. The Packers will pay up to protect Rodgers. 4years 28 million

LB Nick Perry-
Perry is an outstanding run defender and a good pass rusher who should be brought back. 4 years 36 million

TE Jared Cook-
The offense really improved with Cook in the lineup, he is someone that defenses have to gameplan for. 3 years 12 million

DB Micah Hyde-
Hyde is a versatile player who is a great fit in Green Bay. 3 years 9 million

OL Don Barclay-
Barclay has been reliable and should be brought to camp on a one year minimum deal.

RB Eddie Lacy-
Lacy was playing great before his injury. He would form a great duo with Montgomery. 2 years 8 million with a weight clause.

PLAYERS RELEASED/NOT RE-SIGNED

DL Letroy Guion-
Releasing Guion would save 3 million dollars this year and next. He would have a lesser role with the emergence of Clark and Lowry and is no longer worth 3 million.

RB Christine Michael-
Michael is a talented RB who runs hard every play, but MM would rather run with a FB so there is no reason to re-sign him.

OL JC Tretter-
Some team will give Tretter a better opportunity to be a full time starter.

LB Julius Peppers-
Peppers was a great signing for the Packers, but is no longer as effective.

LB Datone Jones-
Jones would be much better playing a Cullen Jenkins role in a 4-3 defense.

FREE AGENCY

Dre Kirkpatrick-
The Packers got rid of Sam Shields' contract and have a big void at corner. Kirkpatrick was the best corner in the league at defending go routes in 2016. He would be a great addition in Green Bay and add the speed and athleticism we are lacking. 4 years 40 milion

LB Coonnor Barwin-
Barwin would help replace Peppers and allow Clay to play inside on early downs. 2 years 12 million.

NFL Draft

Pick#29 TE Evan Engram Ole Miss- 6-3 236- This is a great TE class and I believe Engram will be the 3rd one taken in the first round. He is a great athlete with good hands. He would give Rodgers another TE to pair with Cook who can stretch the field and give the Packers a long term answer at TE. People will want this pick to be a defender, but the Engram would be the best player available and help the Packers weaknesses on offense.

Pick# 61 CB Cameron Sutton Tennessee- 5-11 182- Sutton missed a large part of 2016, but had 37 deflected passes and 7 interceptions. He has the speed, instincts, tenacity that the Packers currently lack.

Pick# 93 RB Kareem Hunt Toledo- 5-11 208- Hunt is very similar to Christine Michael without the other issues. Hunt is very quick and powerful.

Trade 4th and 5th rounders to move up to select LB Tyus Bowser Houston- 6-3 244- Bowser is an explosive linebacker who has the speed that the Packers currently lack.

5th Round comp pick WR Isiah Ford Virginia Tech- 6-2 196- Ford is a quick WR off the line of scrimmage. He is very similar to Davante Adams and would give Rodgers another weapon.

6th Round OG Jessamen Dunker Tenessee State- 6-4 306- Dunker is a great athlete who could become a starter with more strength and experience.

Round 7- Darius English South Carolina- 6-6 238- English has length and speed, but lacks the strength to be an every down player.
[img]
Cadmus

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would anyone want to cut Guion after the 2016 season?
gizmo2012

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very well thought out and I love your draft. I also hope you are right about the free agent signings because it's needed this year.

The Packers do have the money to keep Guion so I kind of hope they keep him. I am not a fan of resigning fat Eddie but you are likely right. Tretter is big loss though he is a bit injury prone. Don't be surprised if Peppers comes back for one more shot at a ring.
CentralFC

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+ I like your numbers. TJ might not be here on a 4-year deal, but the numbers aren't bad. Perry seems about right; 9m AAV might even be low, but I'm thinking 8.75-9.75 over four years.

+ I think Tretter is good as gone, too.

- Any mock with a TE in round one is discouraging. That's personal preference. The little I know about Engram, it'd be fun to watch he and Rodgers go to work. Still think there will be better positional value, though.

+ I like Sutton. CB depth might push him down to that spot.

- Not a fan of cutting ties with Guion. Offers nothing as a rusher but he's a vital run-stuffing piece. Clark and Lowry should continue to emerge along side Daniels, but there are places for guys like Guion on our team. His mean streak is also welcomed for an otherwise soft(ish) defense. Plus he's insurance as the second year guys learn their craft.

+ Cook and Hyde should be back. Those numbers seem about right. You're looking at Patrick Chung money for Hyde and he's more valuable to us than any other team. I think the sentiment is shared by Hyde and co.

- Not sure we retain Lacy. Big fan of his when he's right, but the headache isn't worth the investment.

How can he dig a hole if he's too busy sitting on his hands?
PackOfLuck27

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like the signings but keep Guion and if you need more cash than don't resign Eddie. Your signings allows us to go after best player available and while I like Engram I believe that is to big of a risk. My recommendation would be to go after an Edge player than RB than CB.
duxrule

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guessing with Letroy being suspended 4 games, that he might end up cut.
That being said, maybe they hang on to Datone.

Not a fan of TE in the 1st.
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd cut Guion and find a more suitable replacement. He was signed essentially as a stop-gap until our younger guys developed.

Gonna be honest, I kinda hope we'd pursue Poe. We gotta replace Pennel and Clark probably isn't ready to take on a bigger workload IMHO. If we can't get cook back, I think it would be wise to draft Engram; especially because EDGE was addressed in FA with Barwin in this scenario. I'd like someone a little bit bigger than Sutton, however. Not so sure about trading up for Bowser when we have a bigger need at CB in this scenario. Hyde is likely gone and Bowser doesn't play well against the run. At that point, you're looking at someone strictly on the outside as a pass rusher when you already have Barwin, Perry, Elliott, Fackrell, and CMIII(if he's not moving inside). Same thing goes for Darius English. I do like that you're taking a pure guard in the 6th. I would like to see us draft a pure guard who can both pass pro and run block.
Pugger

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tretter now has a chance to start in Cleveland. Hyde is making big bucks in Buffalo. I thought I heard Guion's contract is getting reworked so maybe that will free up some cash. I hope Lang returns along with Cook and Lacy. Is Peppers getting any attention from other teams? If not perhaps he'll return for less this time. I thought he played pretty well last season.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: