You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Its official -Redskins Fired Scot
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
big44dog

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
Hate to say it if we sign Pryor and a DL man like Poe than we actually addressed three defensive linemen and a potential younger freak number one wideout .

Next move would be to sign cousins long term or trade him .

Signed 2 DLs today. Terrell McLain from Dallas and Stacy McGee from Oakland. I want Poe too but those 2 moves gives us some much needed beef up front

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big44dog wrote:
More I'm thinking about this the more I'm thinking its all about Kirk. I just read he finally signed his franchise tender, what an hour after McGloughan gets axed officially. It was McGloughan who got the "How you like me now" from Kirk. Scot was against a LTD for Kirk all along, Gruden wasn't his hire either and gets an extension while Scot was away. I think Cousins LTD is done within the week. Sad to say but gentlemen I see the thinking behind this. Of course they went about it in true Redskin hot mess fashion. There's a million talent evaluators out there. Maybe Polian or Casserly come in as consultants until draft and udfa's are over and a permanent GM is hired or promoted from within until then. Dare I say this is a move of stability???

I disagree here. All signs point to Scot wanting to get the deal done. Scot was the one who, with Jay, stood on the table with Bruce and Danny for Kirk to start in 2015 over Griffin (who Danny still wanted to start). The "how do you like me now" was addressed to Scot after the game because he was the only management person on the field. I think that was a shot from Kirk at management as a whole.

As for the other talent evaluators, the good ones are all taken.

I think this move is just a further slide into instability.

Of course, I could be wrong. My wife usually thinks I am.

As long as Dan Snyder owns the team, the Redskins will not win another Super Bowl
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the dude at ESPN who wrote that McCloughan article in 2015.

Seth Wickersham‏Verified account @SethWickersham
Source who knows Skins brass told me months ago this was EXACTLY how it would end. It was most cynical thing I'd heard. Then it happened.

If it weren't for McCloughan, Skins would have started RG3 in '15. No back-to-back winning seasons. Risked job to make a stand for Cousins.

McCloughan's ex-colleagues in SF/SEA are furious. He's that well-liked. He owns his past. The struggle is real. But that building

How can you "relapse" if you tell the football-viewing world a month before you were hired that you drank?
big44dog

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
big44dog wrote:
More I'm thinking about this the more I'm thinking its all about Kirk. I just read he finally signed his franchise tender, what an hour after McGloughan gets axed officially. It was McGloughan who got the "How you like me now" from Kirk. Scot was against a LTD for Kirk all along, Gruden wasn't his hire either and gets an extension while Scot was away. I think Cousins LTD is done within the week. Sad to say but gentlemen I see the thinking behind this. Of course they went about it in true Redskin hot mess fashion. There's a million talent evaluators out there. Maybe Polian or Casserly come in as consultants until draft and udfa's are over and a permanent GM is hired or promoted from within until then. Dare I say this is a move of stability???

I disagree here. All signs point to Scot wanting to get the deal done. Scot was the one who, with Jay, stood on the table with Bruce and Danny for Kirk to start in 2015 over Griffin (who Danny still wanted to start). The "how do you like me now" was addressed to Scot after the game because he was the only management person on the field. I think that was a shot from Kirk at management as a whole.

As for the other talent evaluators, the good ones are all taken.

I think this move is just a further slide into instability.

Of course, I could be wrong. My wife usually thinks I am.

As does my wife with me lol especially with #3 on the way.. What do you mean there's dozens of top flight talent evaluators right here in this forum. Seriously there has to be a guy from Pittsburgh or New England, ya know solid franchises, that we can hire away. Thing is it seems Danny, Bruce and Jay are on the same page. Call them yes men or whatever but you have to have everyone from the head coach on up to be working together. If Scot was the monkey wrench sadly they have to move on and find someone who can work with the 🤢 Trifecta of power. Truth is there's a lot we don't know but Cousins signing the tender tonight tells me a lot. We'll see what happens but I don't think all is lost here

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good man was wronged. That's the story...

Back to dysfunction...
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike freeman
✔@mikefreemanNFL

All I can tell you is people in front offices around NFL are strongly defending McCloughan to me. They are absolutely shredding Washington.
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
mike freeman
✔@mikefreemanNFL

All I can tell you is people in front offices around NFL are strongly defending McCloughan to me. They are absolutely shredding Washington.

Yup. Just saw this on Twitter.

As long as Dan Snyder owns the team, the Redskins will not win another Super Bowl
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://nypost.com/2017/03/09/the-redskins-are-imploding-right-in-front-of-our-eyes/

Quote:
The Washington football team has no GM, a $24 million quarterback in purgatory and no direction in free agency.
Other than that, Mrs. Snyder, how was the third-down play?

turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
http://nypost.com/2017/03/09/the-redskins-are-imploding-right-in-front-of-our-eyes/

Quote:
The Washington football team has no GM, a $24 million quarterback in purgatory and no direction in free agency.

Disagree that we don't have direction in free agency. We just signed two free agent DL who are younger than the FA DL we let leave in free agency and they are comps to him who reportedly are better run defenders. We also signed a young FS with potential for the first time since Sean was killed and Terrelle Pryor is going to visit.

If that's no direction in free agency, I'll take it every year! Laughing

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Sassan11

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:

Quote:

Disagree that we don't have direction in free agency. We just signed two free agent DL who are younger than the FA DL we let leave in free agency and they are comps to him who reportedly are better run defenders. We also signed a young FS with potential for the first time since Sean was killed and Terrelle Pryor is going to visit.

I don't know if I call this direction. We tried to sign Cambell and were outbid. We settled for two guys I would say are unproven and possibly over-paid on the d-line. More like second tier free agents we signed when all the first teir players are being signed. Pryor is visiting because he over-estimated his market and now the receiver needy teams have signed other receivers. This could actually work in our favor because we may be able to sign him for a good deal.
MKnight82

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sassan11 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:

Quote:

I don't know if I call this direction. We tried to sign Cambell and were outbid. We settled for two guys I would say are unproven and possibly over-paid on the d-line. More like second tier free agents we signed when all the first teir players are being signed. Pryor is visiting because he over-estimated his market and now the receiver needy teams have signed other receivers. This could actually work in our favor because we may be able to sign him for a good deal.
We're doing pretty much the same thing we've done the last two years in FA. I'm actually very pleased we didn't go crazy and blow all our cap in one day. The good teams build through the draft.

Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
Sassan11 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:

Quote:

We're doing pretty much the same thing we've done the last two years in FA. I'm actually very pleased we didn't go crazy and blow all our cap in one day. The good teams build through the draft.
Same here I like it. I wanted guys like Calais Campbell on our team but I don't want to pay a soon to be 31-year old DL $60 million over four years with $30 million guaranteed.

I'd rather have the guys we have - who I think still have the potential to get better - and draft the next Claias Campbell in this year's draft in round 1 or 2.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
TheGreeK1973

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:

Source who knows Skins brass told me months ago this was EXACTLY how it would end. It was most cynical thing I'd heard. Then it happened.

If it weren't for McCloughan, Skins would have started RG3 in '15. No back-to-back winning seasons. Risked job to make a stand for Cousins.

McCloughan's ex-colleagues in SF/SEA are furious. He's that well-liked. He owns his past. The struggle is real. But that building

How can you "relapse" if you tell the football-viewing world a month before you were hired that you drank?

the last bullet from this guy is so totally stupid it makes everything he says stupid and irrelevant. So because you tell the work you drink it doesn't' make you a drunk? it doesn't effect your job? I mean no team out there didn't go after say a problematic player with huge talent hoping they can change his ways right only to find out that he can't and cut him? WTF?

So every team is defending Scottie and shredding Washington? Ok lets see how fast another team makes Scottie their GM then.
TXsteeler

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGreeK1973 wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:

the last bullet from this guy is so totally stupid it makes everything he says stupid and irrelevant. So because you tell the work you drink it doesn't' make you a drunk? it doesn't effect your job? I mean no team out there didn't go after say a problematic player with huge talent hoping they can change his ways right only to find out that he can't and cut him? WTF?

So every team is defending Scottie and shredding Washington? Ok lets see how fast another team makes Scottie their GM then.

Saying one thing someones disagrees with doesn't make other things you say stupid or irrelevant, that's not how this works. Those. Things first three are all either truths or lies, not opinions.

Also, what he means is Scot can't relapse while working for the redskins if he clearly already admitted he had relapsed before they hired him.
MikeT14

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TXsteeler wrote:
Also, what he means is Scot can't relapse while working for the redskins if he clearly already admitted he had relapsed before they hired him.

Bingo.

- mike23md

D.C. Sports: Hope is fine, but believing is where we screw up.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 4 of 15

Jump to: