You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My Attempt at an Offseason and Draft

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:06 pm    Post subject: My Attempt at an Offseason and Draft Reply with quote

Cuts
DE George Johnson ($2.25M in savings)
C Evan Smith ($4.5M in savings)

Free Agent Signings
SS Bradley McDougald - four years, $16M ($7.5M guaranteed).
RB Jacquizz Rodgers - one year, $3M.
WR Russell Shepherd - two years, $2.5M.
CB Josh Robinson - four years, $10M ($3M guaranteed).

WR DeSean Jackson - three years, $35M ($25M guaranteed).
DT Calais Campbell - three years, $40M ($27M guaranteed).
SS Duron Harmon - two years, $10M.
C John Sullivan - one year, $1.2M.

Team Cap Space: ~$30,827,718

Draft

Round One

Christian McCaffrey, RB, Stanford
Licht and Koetter have both been vocal about adding playmakers to this offense. We got DJax in FA, so we're able to focus on RB with our first pick. Charles Sims is on the final year of his contract. We brought back Jacquizz Rodgers, who we'll likely utilize while Dougie is suspended. But Dougie needs a lightning to go with his thunder once he comes back. McCaffrey can do it all; he can carry the ball 25 times if we need it, he can line up in the slot, and he can return kicks. We haven't had a good return man since Clifton Smith. Now we finally have our guy. He might not be my first choice, but he's the kind of guy Koetter can utilize in our offense.

Round Two

Jordan Willis, DE, Kansas State
Our pass rush was much improved last year. But we really only have an ageing Robert Ayers, a guy better known for setting the edge against the run in Will Gholston, and an emerging Noah Spence. Jacky Smith is inconsistent and Howard Jones disappears for games at a time. Willis needs to work on his technique a little bit and add more moves to his rush. And we have the depth right now for him to do that while we slowly work him into the lineup. He's shown the ability to play well against the run; PFF gave him an 89.5 grade in that regard. Once Ayers leaves (we can cut him after next year with no penalty or just let him play out his last two years), Willis can start on the left opposite Spence, potentially forming one of the better pair of edge rushers in the league.[/i]

Round Three

Chris Godwin, WR, Penn State
We're not done adding playmakers to this offense. And Godwin is that guy. He's got great size at 6'1" and he's got some wheels. Mike Evans is the obvious number one, while newly acquired DeSean Jackson steps in as the number two. He should start out as our number four WR, with Hump Manning the slot. But he's got the ability to develop into our number two in the future. He's got good body control, which he'll need with as erratic as Jameis can be at times. He does a great job at high pointing the ball and has strong hands. His biggest weakness is blocking. But that's something he can learn.

Round Four

Tedric Thompson, S, Colorado
It's unfortunate that we wait this long to address the biggest hole on our defense. But Thompson is no slouch. He's got good size and decent speed. He was a WR in high school and it's obvious when you see his ball skills. He's got good coverage skills, which we desperately need at safety. He can play centerfield and reads QB's eyes well. He gambles sometimes, which can be both great and a problem. He missed four games in '14 due to a concussion. But he doesn't try to lay the wood, so it shouldn't be a recurring thing. Tandy should start over him, but his ball skills should allow him to get some playing time.

Round Five

Ezra Robinson, CB, Tennessee State
The athleticism of the defensive backs in this class is insane. And it would be a shame not to double dip, especially when we have the need. Grimes and VHIII are our only two guys that can man the outside. Ryan Smith is moving back to CB, but he's an unknown. Josh Robinson is an excellent special teamer and JAB is our slot guy, but is replaceable. He's already great in zone coverage and he's got good ball skills. He needs to get in an NFL weight room though. He's a bit grabby but that seems to be more due to poor footwork than his actual abilities in coverage. He's not very good in run support. Overall, he's got the size, speed, and athleticism to play the outside. He's got decent instincts and is capable in coverage. He just needs time to put it all together.

Round Six

Hardy Nickerson, MLB, Illinois
He's baaack. Nickerson is an undersized LB with decent speed. He hustles every play. He'll be a special teamer. He's a high character guy. He struggles a bit in coverage and can get eaten by blockers. Getting in an NFL weight room and out of a Lovie Smith defense should help him a lot. We're better off with him strictly playing on special teams but he's such a football junky that I think we can make him a more complete LB.

Round Seven

Conor McDermott, OT, UCLA
He's a large man, with room to add more muscle and weight onto his frame. Which is good, because that's exactly what he needs to do. He'll get mauled against power moves right now. But his footwork in pass pro is smooth. He's got a basketball background. He's pretty athletic, so he's worth the flier. He's strictly a practice squad guy at this point in time.

Depth Chart
QB Jameis Winston | Ryan Griffin

RB Doug Martin | Christian McCaffrey | Jacquizz Rodgers | Charles Sims

WR Mike Evans | DeSean Jackson | Adam Humphries | Chris Godwin | Russell Shepherd | Freddie Martino

TE Cameron Brate | Luke Stocker | Tevin Westbrook | Alan Cross

LT Donovan Smith | Leonard Wester

LG J.R. Sweezy | Kevin Pamphile

C John Sullivan | Ben Gottschalk

RG Ali Marpet | Caleb Benenoch

RT Demar Dotson

RE Robert Ayers | Noah Spence | Howard Jones

DT Gerald McCoy | Calais Campbell | Clinton McDonald | DaVonte Lambert

LE William Gholston | Jacquies Smith | Jordan Willis

WLB Lavonte David | Adarius Glanton

MLB Kwon Alexander | Hardy Nickerson

SLB Devonte Bond

CB Brent Grimes | Vernon Hargreaves | Jude Adjei-Barimah | Ryan Smith | Josh Robinson | Ezra Robinson

FS Kieth Tandy | Tedric Thompson

SS Bradley McDougald | Duron Harmon

K Roberto Aguayo

P Bryan Anger

LS Dax Dellenbach
djw4bucs

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the FA, and the i would not be mad with the draft, but i would rather have Obi Melifonwu in the 2nd and Tanoh Kpassagnon in the 4th

Adopt-a-Buc Kwon Alexander 90 Tackles, 7 Tackles for Loss, 3 Sacks, 1 INT
ABucNBradenton

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djw4bucs wrote:
I love the FA, and the i would not be mad with the draft, but i would rather have Obi Melifonwu in the 2nd and Tanoh Kpassagnon in the 4th

After the combine I could see some team taking Melifonwu in the 1st.
LazyBoyFil

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ABucNBradenton wrote:
djw4bucs wrote:

After the combine I could see some team taking Melifonwu in the 1st.

Sad true

if hes there in the first few picks in the 2nd i wouldnt mind trading up for him
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this a lot. I hope we take advantage of this strong TE class, but that's my only gripe.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: