FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

We are transitioning to a new forum software platform. Your current password will not work after August 12th. Update the email in your profile so you are not locked out. Click here for more information.

Brandon Marshall or Mario Williams

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rtnldave

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:20 pm    Post subject: Brandon Marshall or Mario Williams Reply with quote

As I understand it, these players were flat out released. Is there any interest in bringing them in to kick the tires?

Marshall can still be productive as a possession receiver with his size.

And Williams, can he really do any worse than what we have had on the D line so far?
DaBoys

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if we were interested in Marshall, I don't think we can afford him. And Mario Williams would have to be very cheap, as I don't see him as much of an upgrade. From what I understand he was getting out played by Andre Branch in Miami. Do you want Andre Branch? He is available as well.
MightyMouse07

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marshall isn't a speed guy and that's more of what we need for our #2. Williams is washed up.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neither?

^^^El Rammy
CAPJ

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MightyMouse07 wrote:
Marshall isn't a speed guy and that's more of what we need for our #2. Williams is washed up.

This.

Id try to see how much Kenny Stills will go for. Would love to grt him to complement Dez.
DaBoys

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CAPJ wrote:
MightyMouse07 wrote:

This.

Id try to see how much Kenny Stills will go for. Would love to grt him to complement Dez.

I want our WR to come in the draft. I feel like we could get a Kenny Stills talent for a rookie price.
Rtnldave

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBoys wrote:
Even if we were interested in Marshall, I don't think we can afford him. And Mario Williams would have to be very cheap, as I don't see him as much of an upgrade. From what I understand he was getting out played by Andre Branch in Miami. Do you want Andre Branch? He is available as well.

At this point I would explore ANY options at DE just so we can get something resembling a pass rush going into the draft so we have some leverage with our first and second round picks. It would free us up to take BPA and without feeling compromised.

In other words, if we felt like we made an upgrade at DE and there is a DE and CB available with equal upside in the draft, then we should lean towards CB because of our moves in FA.

However, if we do nothing to try to improve our non-existent pass rush with our walking triage unit waiting in the wings (Tapper, J. Smith, and laughably R. Gregory) then we may feel obligated to take a DE in the 1st.
resilient

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we should at least "kick the tires"

good football players don't grow on trees. I think Marshal is still good. M Williams not too sure.

Hence we kick the tires.
TD-ES-JJ

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pass on Marshall. We don't need another guy that can't separate.

I'd be tempted to kick the tires on Mario, but if the price is more than $2mil, I'd pass. Mario doesn't have a winning mentality IMO. Even at his best he got his numbers against bad teams, but there is some potential there.
Northland

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Williams is done. I'll pass.

Marshall could be an option to explore if the price is right.

sodakcowboy78

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id take both on cheap 1 year deals with no bonus or guar. money...just a looks see...

Marshall would help with the loss of TWill and Williams might help in spot pass rush.

I think JG would find out what he was getting after TC before the season began.

If one or both could help the team at the right price = bring em on

Peace
Devin Kurant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even "washed up", Mario Williams would come in as ARGUABLY our best defensive end.

Gregory is never going to play so we can move on from that. Lawrence isn't that good. T. Crawford is the biggest bag of meh. Crawford and Mayowa are just decent last rotation guys at the spot but nothing special at all.

That leaves Irving, who was quiet for most of the year, but was an absolute monster in spurts. He looks like he could be a star at the position but I think we need to see him be far more consistent.

So I think Williams, if he's really cheap, would be a great add.

As for Marshall, I'd love to get him. I know the talk of he and Dez and "character issues" will come up, but I saw a ton of growth from Dez last year, particularly after his father died. I don't think it would be an issue. That said, I think some team would offer him way more for a year or two than we would. Imagine if the Patriots get Marshall Shocked
Rtnldave

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No reason to worry about the Patriots because the Giants just signed him yesterday.

Now look at their WR corp, it is formidable.

Just one question, how come if we signed the guy he is "washed up" or "not what we are looking for" but when he goes to a rival in the division the immediate reaction, at least here in Philly and on sports radio is, "OMG!!! Their offense just got really dangerous" ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: