You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Trivium Mock 1

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trivium2009

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:26 pm    Post subject: Trivium Mock 1 Reply with quote

In my mock I'll have a couple trades involving the Patriots because I feel that during the DRAFT that's when Jimmy G gets traded.

Here we go. Before the draft Patriots trade Devin McCourty to the Saints for Brandon Cook
Reason behind this trade- Saints D is bad and has been bad and they are missing a defensive leader. With that said they have an abundance of young WRs that a Cook for McCourty makes sense. As for on The Patriots side this is a typical BB move dumping a guy before his decline and filling a need. Yes I know WR isn't a big need now but this is a present and future move for our aging WR group.

Round 1 of the Draft
Patriots trade Jimmy G to the Browns for Pick 12
Reasoning for my trade- With the Browns first pick they will pick Garrett because he is a freak. But after that pick I believe both Trubisky and Watson are both off the board and I don't think anyone should be drafting Kaiser in the first round.

Pick #12 the Patriots select Obi Melifonwu,SS UConn

After trading McCourty to the Saints it opens up a spot for another Safety. Granted we still have Richards and Chung, I still see a need for a better starter. Insert Obi One. This may be a reach to some of you but after watching the Combine his stock could be on the rise and he looks like too good of a talent to miss out on. Same cover speed as McCourty but a better Tackler.

Pick #32 the Patriots select Haason Reddick,OLB Temple

One thing I noticed when watching The Superbowl was the fact that our LBs could not get to the edge fast enough to shut down either one of the Falcons RBs and irregardless of the Patriots resign Hightower or not another LB is needed so why not someone with great make-up speed to set the edge and good strength to shed block plus he is scheme flexible playing LB in a 3-4 and DE in a 4-3

Round 2
Pick #64 the Patriots select Adam Shaheen,TE Ashland

Bennett may be good as gone with FA to hit, but even if he stays he is 30 yrs old and with a injury prone Gronk it's a perfect time to look at another TE for the future. Adam has tons of potential with his combo of size and athleticism but since he played in a small school his stock isn't that high as OJ Howard's or David Njoku but he is just as talented. Yes I said it just as talented and could very well be the best TE out of this draft.

Round 3
Pick #96 the Patriots select Jourdan Lewis,CB Michigan

I believe that Lewis drops to the late 3rd early 4th round because of his size and because of the deep CB group which is fine by me. Being a Michigan fan and watching all their games I absolutely love Lewis for the Patriots. He has smooth hips and great ball awareness. He may be best suited as a slot Corner to start his career but that works perfect for the Patriots. He can have lapses at times but is normally with his WR step for step. Great bargain pick here.

Round 4
The Patriots select Brad Kaaya,QB Miami

After trading Jimmy G there is an opening for a QB and non of the backup options in FA look appealing and Kaaya has real good potential here with this pick. I don't believe in Jacoby to succeed Tom Brady if or when he retires in the next three to five years.

Round 5
The Patriots select Joe Mixon,RB Oklahoma

With Joe's current incident a lot of teams have left him off there boards for sure but unlike Rice, Joe is still a young man who made a big mistake and it hurt his draft stock tremendously but this once again is a typical BB move. Mixon has plenty of talent and this is def a low risk high reward pick being a late 5th. He will have to earn any snaps by playing ST. He takes over for Bolden.

Round 6 None

Round 7 some potential guy that's it.

Please tell me what you think. I did this mock off of no sleep so be easy on me. Lol
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trading McCourty?
justin_perkins

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trading McCourty is a bad, bad move. There's been no sense of his decline. In fact, I'd say he's our second best defensive player behind Hightower. He's more than an All-Pro safety, he's a leader.

I like that you're giving us Cooks in a trade though, it's exciting to think about IRL although I have doubts it will happen.

Obi Melifonwu is a good pick. Like you said, his stock is rising. But I think we can get him at 32. Even then it may be a reach based on value.

I like Haasan Reddick. Love this pick. Very possible he's selected by them IMO.

Adam Shaheen is overrated. Give me Jonnu Smith in the fifth.

Jordan Lewis is a steal at 96, like this pick too.

Round 4 may be too soon for a QB, I think the staff likes Brissett enough to have him as a #2 through a season. A later round guy is possible though.

I don't think Mixon falls that there. If he did though, I would be seriously questioning if that's the right pick.
trivium2009

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't a fan of trading Chandler Jones but that was a BB move. McCourty has two more years on his 5yr contracts signed back in March of 2015 and will be 31 years old at the start of next season with the way Revis declined this year it not out of the realm that McCourty won't do the same. It may not be this year but that's why he still has value. He still is playing at the top level. Both Cooks and McCourty have two yrs remaining with Cooks only being 23. Edelman will turn 31 by next season as well and with how much beating he takes how long can you rely on him to be the top guy? Cooks is more of a sure thing than any of the WRs we will see at 32.
Starless

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uhhhhh...

I have no words for how bad this mock is
trivium2009

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starless, great constructive criticism keep up the good work bud.
Starless

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you think trading McCourty is a good idea, there's no point in starting a conversation with you.
trivium2009

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starless wrote:
If you think trading McCourty is a good idea, there's no point in starting a conversation with you.

Then would you had said the same thing if I where to mention that we should trade Collins during the season or Jones last offseason? BB has a history of trading players before decline. I don't like the idea of trading McCourty just to trade him much like I didn't like trading Jones but in this scenario getting back a younger cheaper Cooks would make it a little more worth it. Anyone who does a mock draft ft trades is just throwing darts at a dartboard, it's just an interpretation of what they could see happening or would like to see.
MoJo63

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade McCourty for Cooks no thanks, no way,
m haynes

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: Trivium Mock 1 Reply with quote

trivium2009 wrote:
In my mock I'll have a couple trades involving the Patriots because I feel that during the DRAFT that's when Jimmy G gets traded.

Here we go. Before the draft Patriots trade Devin McCourty to the Saints for Brandon Cook
Reason behind this trade- Saints D is bad and has been bad and they are missing a defensive leader. With that said they have an abundance of young WRs that a Cook for McCourty makes sense. As for on The Patriots side this is a typical BB move dumping a guy before his decline and filling a need. Yes I know WR isn't a big need now but this is a present and future move for our aging WR group.

Round 1 of the Draft
Patriots trade Jimmy G to the Browns for Pick 12
Reasoning for my trade- With the Browns first pick they will pick Garrett because he is a freak. But after that pick I believe both Trubisky and Watson are both off the board and I don't think anyone should be drafting Kaiser in the first round.

Pick #12 the Patriots select Obi Melifonwu,SS UConn

After trading McCourty to the Saints it opens up a spot for another Safety. Granted we still have Richards and Chung, I still see a need for a better starter. Insert Obi One. This may be a reach to some of you but after watching the Combine his stock could be on the rise and he looks like too good of a talent to miss out on. Same cover speed as McCourty but a better Tackler.

Pick #32 the Patriots select Haason Reddick,OLB Temple

One thing I noticed when watching The Superbowl was the fact that our LBs could not get to the edge fast enough to shut down either one of the Falcons RBs and irregardless of the Patriots resign Hightower or not another LB is needed so why not someone with great make-up speed to set the edge and good strength to shed block plus he is scheme flexible playing LB in a 3-4 and DE in a 4-3

Round 2
Pick #64 the Patriots select Adam Shaheen,TE Ashland

Bennett may be good as gone with FA to hit, but even if he stays he is 30 yrs old and with a injury prone Gronk it's a perfect time to look at another TE for the future. Adam has tons of potential with his combo of size and athleticism but since he played in a small school his stock isn't that high as OJ Howard's or David Njoku but he is just as talented. Yes I said it just as talented and could very well be the best TE out of this draft.

Round 3
Pick #96 the Patriots select Jourdan Lewis,CB Michigan

I believe that Lewis drops to the late 3rd early 4th round because of his size and because of the deep CB group which is fine by me. Being a Michigan fan and watching all their games I absolutely love Lewis for the Patriots. He has smooth hips and great ball awareness. He may be best suited as a slot Corner to start his career but that works perfect for the Patriots. He can have lapses at times but is normally with his WR step for step. Great bargain pick here.

Round 4
The Patriots select Brad Kaaya,QB Miami

After trading Jimmy G there is an opening for a QB and non of the backup options in FA look appealing and Kaaya has real good potential here with this pick. I don't believe in Jacoby to succeed Tom Brady if or when he retires in the next three to five years.

Round 5
The Patriots select Joe Mixon,RB Oklahoma

With Joe's current incident a lot of teams have left him off there boards for sure but unlike Rice, Joe is still a young man who made a big mistake and it hurt his draft stock tremendously but this once again is a typical BB move. Mixon has plenty of talent and this is def a low risk high reward pick being a late 5th. He will have to earn any snaps by playing ST. He takes over for Bolden.

Round 6 None

Round 7 some potential guy that's it.

Please tell me what you think. I did this mock off of no sleep so be easy on me. Lol
YOUR FIRED!!!!!!! Laughing Laughing
keysersoze3421

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trivium2009 wrote:
Starless wrote:

Then would you had said the same thing if I where to mention that we should trade Collins during the season or Jones last offseason? BB has a history of trading players before decline. I don't like the idea of trading McCourty just to trade him much like I didn't like trading Jones but in this scenario getting back a younger cheaper Cooks would make it a little more worth it. Anyone who does a mock draft ft trades is just throwing darts at a dartboard, it's just an interpretation of what they could see happening or would like to see.

Different scenario entirely. BB has had the option to keep and extend Revis, Ch. Jones, Collins, and others in the few seasons past, but McCourty is the only guy he's elected to keep around for market value. He loves McCourty. Those guys were traded because they either weren't fits for our scheme (Collins), ran hot and cold and would be unaffordable (Jones), or both (Collins).

I won't critique your mock because as you note, there is a lot of subjectivity, but I think trading McCourty for Cooks would be a terrible idea. We would be creating a hole to get a player that doesn't even fill a hole (our WR corps is one of our strong suits).

animaltested wrote:
On a scale from Kitten to Hitler, being close minded about music, and only listening to one or two genres is about a Boss Tweed.
ChazStandard

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't agree with trading McCourty...BUT I will play Devil's advocate on this:

Harmon is solid player, likely to leave. Trading McCourty and re-signing Harmon keeps two good safeties on the roster, whilst boosting a WR corps that might need some youth sooner rather than later.
2016 - Julian Edelman WR: Rec: 98 Yds: 1106 TD: 3
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChazStandard wrote:
I don't agree with trading McCourty...BUT I will play Devil's advocate on this:

Harmon is solid player, likely to leave. Trading McCourty and re-signing Harmon keeps two good safeties on the roster, whilst boosting a WR corps that might need some youth sooner rather than later.

I like Harmon but he's a huge step down from McCourty.

Trading McCourty, a team leader and the only prove high end defensive talent currently under contract is an insane idea. Good safeties are just about the hardest thing to find in the NFL. When you have one, and McCourty is a top 3-4 guy at his position, you don't trade them. Certainly not for a WR
NMM11

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah trading McCourty is nee good.
jofos

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Joe Mixon pick but that's about it.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: