You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Locked In // DEF

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
**AA28DP**

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:28 am    Post subject: Locked In // DEF Reply with quote

Most of our DEF players are locked in to their positions and I will skip the following players so i don't clog the feed.

RDE - Everson Griffen
NT - Linval Joseph
SLB - Anthony Barr
MLB - Eric Kendricks
RCB - Xavier Rhodes
FS - Harrison Smith
SS - Andrew Sendejo
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gopherwrestler

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Floyd will start if he is back.
Robison will start at the other End, and Hunter will still be in rotation.
Waynes will be the CB2
Newman or Cap are back they will be the Nickle CB
WLB is the only position in the air. Depending on if we take a LB early, attack F/A or stick with Cole or Lamur will be up in the air.

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
-Dan Gable
Heimdallr

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gopherwrestler wrote:
Waynes will be the CB2
WLB is the only position in the air. Depending on if we take a LB early, attack F/A or stick with Cole or Lamur will be up in the air.

we could easily add a DT that might start over Floyd; Zimmer seems to NOT care for Floyd.

Hunter is just as likely to start at LDE as Robison. Who the "starter" is doesn't really matter though.

Newman could easily be CB2 over Waynes to start the season. I don't think he would be in the slot.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heimdallr wrote:
gopherwrestler wrote:
Waynes will be the CB2

we could easily add a DT that might start over Floyd; Zimmer seems to NOT care for Floyd.

Hunter is just as likely to start at LDE as Robison. Who the "starter" is doesn't really matter though.

Newman could easily be CB2 over Waynes to start the season. I don't think he would be in the slot.

The UT position has a steep learning curve, it will be difficult finding an UT who can step in day one over Floyd and Stephen without having a first round pick and a second round pick that likely needs to be use on OL. Stephen wasn't bad last year, he's just not a true fit and offers little for penetration.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, while Kendricks is the shoe in for MLB, depending on FA acquisitions and the draft, you could see him pushed to WLB and a new face taking over in the middle, though Kendricks would still stay on the field for passing downs and nickel defense. I wouldn't put much money on it, but it is still an option.

"And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, and I looked and behold, a Pale Horse...

And his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him."

NSDQ
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NorthCountryEvo wrote:
Also, while Kendricks is the shoe in for MLB, depending on FA acquisitions and the draft, you could see him pushed to WLB and a new face taking over in the middle, though Kendricks would still stay on the field for passing downs and nickel defense. I wouldn't put much money on it, but it is still an option.

Just start Emmanuel Lamur. Problem solved.

Hunter will start, even though Robison will cut in.

Should we limit Griffen's snaps? Perhaps Robison or the 4th DE (Weatherly?) Will take those snaps?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've often thought about Kendricks playing outside and bringing in a "thumper" at MLB for the base-package. Zimmer seems to like Kendricks in the middle and it is hard to argue, he has produced.

"My purpose will not be denied."
- Teddy Bridgewater 9/1/16

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: