Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Gamble on greatness?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Suffering_Bills

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:35 am    Post subject: Gamble on greatness? Reply with quote

I'll tell you who's worth a swing at the fences at #10: Obi Melifonwu, that's who.
With needs at both safety and certainly now cornerback, we can draft him as a guy that can play either, matchup-depending. Simply put, he has the frame and athletic ability to cover guys that maybe nobody else CAN. I mean, it's just physics.
What else..... 4-year starter, led his team in tackles, SMART, and looks like a high-quality kid, to boot. I see a unique pass-coverage guy, an athletic marvel, and a legit player. Level of competition, of course, being my ONLY concern.
Thoughts on him?
cdavls17

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely not a top 10 pick and would be a huge reach. he was graded out as a 2nd/3rd rd and with his combine stats he may now be on the late 1st early 2nd rd. If bills traded down to the early 20s and pick up extra picks or trade up in the 2nd rd maybe but definitely not at 10

Thanks Max
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. Not someone you gamble on at 10. If you can trade down or get him in the early 2nd, 100% yes.

There's a long list of combine warriors who were duds in the NFL. I love him personally, but I don't feel comfortable taking him at 10.

cdavls17

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is funny cuase Matt Miller just did a post combine draft and has him going to the bills in the 2nd rd

Thanks Max
cdavls17

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is funny cuase Matt Miller just did a post combine draft and has him going to the bills in the 2nd rd

Thanks Max

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: