Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cowboys looking to trade Alfred Morris?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TimeForChange

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrLionzz wrote:
You can draft a first round running back and he could never give you more than 500 in a season and you could draft a 5th rounder and he might not ever make a NFL squad but you could rent an Alfred Morris and know exactly what you are getting. You know that he can run and be more than productive and he can block and he can give you a solid chance at a 1000 yard runner. Abdullah is one of my favorite backs we have drafted but he might always be banged up. We can roll with what we have but if we continue to give Stafford the worst running team in the league then defenses are going to key in on what we are doing game in and game out. You have to put yourself in a position to win and have backs that average 3 ypc and 400 per year puts you in for a QB that has to throw it 40 times per game.

Morris had 3.5 ypc behind a dominant Oline in Dallas. His lowest ypc yet and he has been in decline since a great rookie year.

He'd just be a old used bandaid we try to use to cover a wound.
beats2rock

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TimeForChange wrote:
MrLionzz wrote:
You can draft a first round running back and he could never give you more than 500 in a season and you could draft a 5th rounder and he might not ever make a NFL squad but you could rent an Alfred Morris and know exactly what you are getting. You know that he can run and be more than productive and he can block and he can give you a solid chance at a 1000 yard runner. Abdullah is one of my favorite backs we have drafted but he might always be banged up. We can roll with what we have but if we continue to give Stafford the worst running team in the league then defenses are going to key in on what we are doing game in and game out. You have to put yourself in a position to win and have backs that average 3 ypc and 400 per year puts you in for a QB that has to throw it 40 times per game.

Morris had 3.5 ypc behind a dominant Oline in Dallas. His lowest ypc yet and he has been in decline since a great rookie year.

He'd just be a old used bandaid we try to use to cover a wound.

He was their change of pace back. Coming in mostly when teams knew Dallas was going to run the ball that's why his average doesn't look all that good. The reason they are getting rid of him is because they don't need him since they're stacked at running back now and most likely want to free up money to spend on a position of need.
beats2rock

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
Lions017 wrote:
beats2rock wrote:
these are the running backs the lions have drafted in the past 16 years I could have gone all the way back to Barry to make an even more solid point but I don't have all night.

2016 7th rd- Dwayne Washington
2015 2nd rd- Ameer Abdulah
2013 6th rd- Theo Riddick
2011 2nd rd- Mikel Leshoure
2010 1st rd- Javid Best
2009 6th rd- Aaron Brown
2008 3rd rd- Kevin Smith
2006 3rd rd- Brian Calhoun
2004 1st rd- Kevin Jones
2003 4th rd- Artose Pinner
2002 7th rd- Luke Staley
2000 3rd rd- Reuben Droughns

And this is relevant...how? We have a completely new front office. Their only drafted RB, Dwayne Washington, at least showed a few flashes last year.

Not to mention three of those RBs had very promising careers going and were derailed by injuries. I don't like Morris, I think the fact that Washington and Dallas are so easily willing to let him go is telling. If he is cut I am all for giving him a chance in camp but I don't think he would be any more productive than Zenner behind our line.

Promising but not productive. My point is they keep drafting players that can't make in on the field ie. Leshoure, Best, Abdullah. Why not go out and get a proven veteran? Someone that was a perennial 1000 yard guy until he got buried behind a 1st rd pick.
ahoda

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

beats2rock wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
Lions017 wrote:
beats2rock wrote:
these are the running backs the lions have drafted in the past 16 years I could have gone all the way back to Barry to make an even more solid point but I don't have all night.

2016 7th rd- Dwayne Washington
2015 2nd rd- Ameer Abdulah
2013 6th rd- Theo Riddick
2011 2nd rd- Mikel Leshoure
2010 1st rd- Javid Best
2009 6th rd- Aaron Brown
2008 3rd rd- Kevin Smith
2006 3rd rd- Brian Calhoun
2004 1st rd- Kevin Jones
2003 4th rd- Artose Pinner
2002 7th rd- Luke Staley
2000 3rd rd- Reuben Droughns

And this is relevant...how? We have a completely new front office. Their only drafted RB, Dwayne Washington, at least showed a few flashes last year.

Not to mention three of those RBs had very promising careers going and were derailed by injuries. I don't like Morris, I think the fact that Washington and Dallas are so easily willing to let him go is telling. If he is cut I am all for giving him a chance in camp but I don't think he would be any more productive than Zenner behind our line.

Promising but not productive. My point is they keep drafting players that can't make in on the field ie. Leshoure, Best, Abdullah. Why not go out and get a proven veteran? Someone that was a perennial 1000 yard guy until he got buried behind a 1st rd pick.

Because Morris is slow and would get destroyed in our system. Running out of shotgun isn't something Morris would be good at.
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every year Morris has been in the NFL, he's declined from the year prior. And since he was really bad last year in limited touched behind that Dallas OL, then we should want nothing to do with this slow running back.

I have mono you [inappropriate/removed]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: