Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Motor City MoJo: Detroit Lion updates
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 38, 39, 40  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matthew Stafford suffered a hand injury that could affect the rest of his 2016 season. The Detroit Lions quarterback badly dislocated the middle finger on his throwing hand Sunday, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported, per a source informed of his condition. He is expected to play through the injury for the rest of the Lions' campaign.

Stafford did not miss a snap after experiencing the injury early in the 20-17 victory over the Chicago Bears. Stafford had the finger taped and played the remainder of the game with a glove on his right hand.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000755262/article/lions-stafford-expected-to-play-with-dislocated-finger

Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”
vike daddy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford doesn’t sound overly concerned about the dislocated middle finger on his throwing hand. Talking to reporters today, Stafford said he’s unsure if he’ll need to wear a glove for Sunday’s game against the Giants, but whether he does or doesn’t he thinks he’ll be the same player he’s been all year.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/12/14/stafford-unsure-if-hell-wear-a-glove-confident-finger-will-be-ok/

vike daddy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lions defensive tackle Haloti Ngata plans to play a 12th NFL season in 2017, Albert Breer of TheMMQB.com reported Monday. Breer tweeted that Ngata recently informed the Lions he plans to play again and that the coaching staff had previously been uncertain that Ngata would be back.

Ngata, 33, is a two-time All-Pro and five time Pro Bowl selection.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/06/haloti-ngata-says-hes-returning-for-2017/

vike daddy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lions G.M. Bob Quinn says he has his franchise quarterback in place, and now wants to keep him in place for years to come. Quinn said on PFT Live that Matthew Stafford, who has one year and a $16.5 million salary left on his current contract, is due for an extension.

Quinn: “We’ve begun a few discussions with his representatives. These things take time. These things don’t usually happen early in April or May, but we’re working towards that. I have a great deal of respect for Matt, I think he’s a very good quarterback that has all the leadership and off the field traits that we look for in the quarterback position, and his on-field ability I think is well-documented. His arm strength, his mobility, which he used more of this year. I think he has all those things and we need to do a better job and I need to do a better of putting more pieces around him so we have a better team around him so he doesn’t have to carry the entire load.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/28/lions-g-m-on-matthew-stafford-extension-were-working-on-it/

vike daddy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could Detroit host another Super Bowl in the future? It’s not likely, but Detroit Lions team president Rod Wood is going to try. That’s what he told reporters during the league’s annual meetings in Arizona on Tuesday night, when he said the franchise will put together bids for both the next round of Super Bowls and the next available NFL draft.

Wood: "I did submit to the league an interest in bidding on the next round, so they know we're interested. I also submitted an interest in bidding on the next draft, whenever that is going to be decided."

http://www.espn.com/blog/detroit-lions/post/_/id/28579/lions-president-rod-wood-aims-for-detroit-to-host-another-super-bowl

Colorado Vike

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Could Detroit host another Super Bowl in the future? It’s not likely, but Detroit Lions team president Rod Wood is going to try.

From the tone of that article, then we have to expect that Minnesota's hosting the Super Bowl will be a one time deal, then it will never again. I wasn't aware that the only reason they host the game in cold weather spots is as a one-time perk to the cities and owners with new stadiums.
Klomp

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colorado Vike wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
Could Detroit host another Super Bowl in the future? It’s not likely, but Detroit Lions team president Rod Wood is going to try.

From the tone of that article, then we have to expect that Minnesota's hosting the Super Bowl will be a one time deal, then it will never again. I wasn't aware that the only reason they host the game in cold weather spots is as a one-time perk to the cities and owners with new stadiums.

"typically"

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typically? I'm looking at the venues of the 51 Super Bowls and don't see a single cold-weather stadium that has hosted more than one game. I hadn't actually realized how few there have been.

US Bank (MN) 2018
MetLife Stadium (NY/NJ) 2014
Lucas Oil (Indianapolis) 2012
Ford Field (Detroit) 2006
Metrodome (MN) 1992
Pontiac Silverdome (Detroit) 1982

I figured these newer indoor stadiums might be a regular part of the rotation, but I suppose that could still happen.

Last edited by Colorado Vike on Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Klomp

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From everything I've heard, Detroit was an awful experience.

While maybe not in the regular rotation, I think you could see a return trip to Indianapolis. Same with Minnesota if all goes well. New York is a different animal...not only because it's New York but also because it's a outdoor stadium.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Detroit Lions‏ @Lions
From Pro Football Focus: Gunther Cunningham to join @PFF staff as Director of Football Oversight.

Kyle Meinke‏ @kmeinke
Cunningham had done exhaustive work scouting the draft for Detroit. His new title for PFF will be director of football oversight

Was the Defensive Coor. for a while.
Was labeled Senior Coaching Assistant before leaving.

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
-Dan Gable
VikeManDan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't know they were getting new uniforms. I like them.

http://www.espn.com/blog/detroit-lions/post/_/id/28750/lions-new-jerseys-offer-traditional-look-eric-ebron-calls-best-uniforms-in-nfl

"My purpose will not be denied."
- Teddy Bridgewater 9/1/16
vike daddy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VikeManDan wrote:
Didn't know they were getting new uniforms. I like them.

http://www.espn.com/blog/detroit-lions/post/_/id/28750/lions-new-jerseys-offer-traditional-look-eric-ebron-calls-best-uniforms-in-nfl

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/pg-photo/2017/04/13/0ap3000000800038/2017-detroit-lions_pg_600.jpg

Colorado Vike

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nike-fied, like the Vikings' latest uniforms. They do love selling stupid fans new jerseys. Gotta have something to spill your $11 beer onto while sitting in your $350 nosebleed seats.
vike daddy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Lions hope to extend quarterback Matthew Stafford’s contract, they’d be wise to get it done before the season starts. With a base salary of $16.5 million and a cap charge of $22 million for 2017, Stafford will have plenty of leverage if he gets through the season without a new deal. At that point, it would cost the Lions $26.4 million to use the franchise tag for 2018. The tag would increase by another 20 percent to $31.698 million for 2019.

That’s a total payout of more than $58 million over two years, and that’s what Stafford should be seeking on a long-term deal before the coming season ends. Before the season ends, Stafford carries the risk of injury, which means he should be willing to take less than $58 million over the first two years, fully guaranteed.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/14/matthew-stafford-could-break-the-bank-if-he-wants/[/b]

vike daddy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When discussing quarterback Matthew Stafford entering the final year of his contract last week, Lions General Manager Bob Quinn noted how hard it is to find a good quarterback while saying that they’d like to have Stafford in Detroit for the long term. The feeling is mutual, as Stafford spoke to reporters in Detroit on Tuesday and said that his goal is to reach agreement on a deal that would have him wearing the Lions’ new uniforms until they’ve become a familiar look.

Stafford: “I would love to. I’ve had a really good time playing here, would like to be here long term.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/18/matthew-stafford-id-love-to-be-in-detroit-for-the-long-term/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 38, 39, 40  Next
Page 39 of 40

Jump to: