You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2016 News & Info Thrdô III
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jroc04

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLick12 wrote:
Jroc04 wrote:
Matthews is run of the mill. He does nothing spectacular and is easily replaced. You guys have watched 3 years of the guy. Have at any point, you said to yourself, "Wow, that was special."? I would hope they wouldn't resign him for big money so might as well move him if someone will give you a good haul.

I will say, he seems like a professional, hard worker and a great teammate. He seems to get on with Carson really well and you shouldn't discount that. However, I wouldn't be opposed to moving on if we got a buildable piece back.

Lazy writers are going to look at his stats and be skeptical of the Eagles trading him but nothing I've seen from his career has impressed me. He gets sheer volume because what else is there?

While you're not wrong on everything, I do feel that him and Ertz would benefit tremendously from having a real #1. I would disagree that he is easily replaced seeing as we haven't been able to draft or acquire anyone better than him in the 3 years he's been here. He's also played with a different QB every single year, so some stability with Wentz could yield more considerable improvement than what we've seen in the past.

At the end of the day, I think he's likely a very good #2 WR and they do have value on a roster. I would not want to trade him for a 2nd, I think that just disrupts our receiving corps even more.

Wouldn't you and I running routes benefit from a #1? He's a solid receiver, nothing more, nothing less. I like him fine on the team. But for me, his limited, slot-only placement makes me value him way less.

I'm not saying he's trash. He's productive and would be better as a third target type of guy. He's easily controlled by defenses by his robust 11 yards a catch would indicate. He's just vanilla to me and if someone looks at his stats and wants to overpay then by all means. Plenty of slot guys in this league.

I'd agree it would be detrimental to Wentz' growth so that alone would deter me. But that's the only thing regrettable for me, to move on.

Kilty sig808 avy
808 wrote:
Jroc offers a voice of reason, and that's why I care about him so much.
EagleDeegle

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh. Like others have said... A 2nd or starting CB would be fine by me. With the crazy FA money going to WRs, JMatt will get paid... I like him, but I'm not enamored with him enough to pay big bucks. Target someone like Joe Haden (especially if the browns can't resign Pryor)
saintsfan#1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans appear to be the front runner for Cooks

https://twitter.com/CharlesRobinson/status/838808861075210240
Jroc04

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saintsfan#1 wrote:
Titans appear to be the front runner for Cooks

https://twitter.com/CharlesRobinson/status/838808861075210240

If those Patriot rumors are true then the Titans are giving up a 1st. So, no thanks. I'm cool with staying pat.

Kilty sig808 avy
808 wrote:
Jroc offers a voice of reason, and that's why I care about him so much.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100
Page 100 of 100

Jump to: