Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Brandon Marshall wants to be a Giant?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:27 pm    Post subject: Brandon Marshall wants to be a Giant? Reply with quote

Rumors are Marshall wants to be a Giant. Doesn't wanna move his family , money isn't a concern to him and just wants to win . "My bills are paid".
I called this a month ago. He wouldn't wanna be far away from his Showtime job in NY

https://www.sny.tv/giants/news/marshall-to-giants-could-be-big-win-for-both-sides/217808800
New LT [ ]
Micha Hyde[ ]
Dontrelle Inman [ ]
Calais Campbell [ ]
Malcolm Smith [ ]
Mike Gillislee[ ]
mattbags2313

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sign me up
WiscoBlue21

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he comes for cheap then I love the pick up.
minutemancl

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On and off the field, he fits perfect. Just gotta hope the feeling is mutual and he's willing to come here for much less than he could get elsewhere.

He was the lone positive voice in the Jets locker room last year. He's been that way for a couple seasons now. I love the work he does with mental illnesses and seeing him grow up over his career. On the field, he is the perfect #2 guy and complement to OBJ and Shepard. Tall, aggressive, big target, and absolutely still has it, even at 33 years old. I'd totally be down to bring him on.

1st yr head coaches rarely see success their 1st yr, if at all.
WiscoBlue21

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He said he's made his money and just wants to win and stay in NY so he doesn't have to move and keep his network job so it's up to him I'd say. I can't imagine JR wouldn't want this guy if he's willing to come on a two year deal for about 3-4 mil a season

minutemancl wrote:
On and off the field, he fits perfect. Just gotta hope the feeling is mutual and he's willing to come here for much less than he could get elsewhere.

He was the lone positive voice in the Jets locker room last year. He's been that way for a couple seasons now. I love the work he does with mental illnesses and seeing him grow up over his career. On the field, he is the perfect #2 guy and complement to OBJ and Shepard. Tall, aggressive, big target, and absolutely still has it, even at 33 years old. I'd totally be down to bring him on.
HamilcarBarca

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Odell and BMarsh

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are two conditions Marshall has to agree to in order for him to be an option:

1. Team friendly contract
2. Needs to be okay with being the #2 option being OBJ

If he gladly obliges, I'd be happy to see him in big blue. He could be a valuable asset on and off the field. I've always been a fan of his story.
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

w4rrior723 wrote:
There are two conditions Marshall has to agree to in order for him to be an option:

If he gladly obliges, I'd be happy to see him in big blue. He could be a valuable asset on and off the field. I've always been a fan of his story.
no WR is gonna come here expecting to be #1 except Julio
New LT [ ]
Micha Hyde[ ]
Dontrelle Inman [ ]
Calais Campbell [ ]
Malcolm Smith [ ]
Mike Gillislee[ ]
w4rrior723

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsEST96 wrote:
w4rrior723 wrote:

no WR is gonna come here expecting to be #1 except Julio

That's how we see it but most top-15 WRs in this league believe they're the #1 guy. AB is also still above Odell at this point. But guys like Green, Hopkins, Dez, Evans, etc all believe they're the best at what they do. Also, Marshall made 1st team All-Pro over OBJ just two seasons ago and didn't have a QB last season. I'm obviously not saying he's better than Odell, but the only way this can work is if he's totally OK with getting less targets than Odell. It's not always such an easy assumption when you're dealing with the personalities we have at WR in this league.
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're over thinking this
New LT [ ]
Micha Hyde[ ]
Dontrelle Inman [ ]
Calais Campbell [ ]
Malcolm Smith [ ]
Mike Gillislee[ ]
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely yes. Perfect fit. Reliable #2. Good head on his shoulders and I love him on Inside the NFL.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the dream scenario honestly. If he came here on a team friendly deal because he "made his money" and had a productive season, he would instantly be one of the most popular players for giants fans.

He is tall, productive and doesn't strap us down long-term. If we were able to land him and Whitworth both for 2-3 years, we would be giving Eli more than he should need to make one last run. 3 years from now, they are all off the team and we are starting fresh, hopefully with their replacements on the roster by that point.

That being said, I don't see Whitworth coming here or accepting a low enough contract to make that a reality. Marshall seems to be possible though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: