Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

A cowboys mock with some reasoning behind the picks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OleXmad

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:47 pm    Post subject: A cowboys mock with some reasoning behind the picks. Reply with quote

Cowboys Draft Simulation from www.draftwired2.com

I used this draft mock simulation app and took the best players who fell to the dolphins picks, I'd suggest checking it out cause it's a pretty useful app for a quick mock. I'll also include explanations for why I chose the players and feel free to say I'm wrong if you disagree.

Picks:
Rd 1 Pk 28 - Jabrill Peppers (SS) Michigan - While Peppers is a polarizing players the cowboys aren't afraid to take a risk on a talented player who will end up being a solid Slot CB/ Safety Hybrid.

Rd 2 Pk 60 - DeMarcus Walker (DE) Florida State - Adding a DE is a big need with everyone Injured, Suspended or just plain sucking so what could go wrong with drafting another DE?

Rd 3 Pk 92 - Isaiah Ford (WR) Virginia Tech - Terrance Williams is more than likely gone and Dez Bryant has missed a few games the past 2 years so adding a talented WR to start across from Bryant isn't a bad idea.

Rd 4 Pk 133 - Cole Hikutini (TE) Louisville - Jason Witten is 35 and his contract hasn't been extended so this is probably his last year in the NFL (Though I could be wrong on that) either way here's a chance for him to mentor his replacement.

Rd 6 Pk 211 - Keionta Davis (DE) Chattanooga - Another DE because the defense could stand to add more pass rush depth.

Rd 7 Pk 228 - Fish Smithson (FS) Kansas - This pick might seem a little fishy but it's the 7th and at the very worst Fish Smithson is a solid special teamer.

Rd 7 Pk 246 - Jayon Brown (ILB) UCLA - A dart throw LB in case Jaylon Smith never fully recovers.

Overall I'd say I addressed most of the big needs and got solid value but I'm only an idiot doing a pre-combine mock.

Current owner of the Portland Horned Owls in the Bizzaro Dynasty League, I'm a Ravens fan and I regret every second of it.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Y'know...that wouldn't be a terrible draft.

Peppers and Jones in the backfield would be interesting...Walker would be a steal that late in the second and would give us some additional force up front. I'm a big fan of Ford as a WR and think he'd be a good compliment to Dez.

^^^El Rammy
Jlash

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't like this at all. Because I think DeMarcus Walker is going to be really really good and I don't want him on the Cowboys.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want any project TE. Either a Stud or no one. We have decent backup talents. Too many other positions needed.

Not a big fan of Peppers, but wouldn't hate it. Do love Walker in Rd 2
Jlash

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

resilient wrote:
I don't want any project TE. Either a Stud or no one. We have decent backup talents. Too many other positions needed.

I don't think Hikutini is a project really. I think there's a difference between relative unknown and project.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlash wrote:
resilient wrote:

I don't think Hikutini is a project really. I think there's a difference between relative unknown and project.

Agree, Cole is actually a legit receiving threat that has been effective at finding open routes. Not really Witten great at finding the holes. But he would definitely add a element to our offense we have been lacking.
Moz, bad teams pick in the top 5.That's the way the draft works.
DaBoys

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like we are definitely losing Church, and possibly Wilcox. Byron Jones playing deep and Peppers taking on Church's role at the LOS wouldn't be horrible. He might be the BPA anyway. He often is during simulations I run, if not him it's a DE. Walker in the 2nd is actually feasible. With 700 DEs grading as 1-2 round prospects someone has to fall.

Adopt a Cowboy: X Dez Bryant X ~ 50 Rec ~ 796 Yds ~ 8 TDs ~ 15.9 YPC ~ 1 Passing TD ~ 4 games missed
sodakcowboy78

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All good picks cept the TE spot...dont need another TE to sit on the Bench...he would behind Witten, Swaim, Hana and the X factor RGathers. Im warming up to Peppers and Walker would be a great pick and possible steal and the end of Round 2...I do hope Dallas picks up TWills replacement in the Draft cause BButler is soooo unreliable. Id prob rather go CB round 4 over a TE.

Peace

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: