Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Patrick Mahomes II, QB, Texas Tech
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Highboltage55 wrote:
I would love Mahomes to be groomed behind Rivers but the Cardinals would make the most sense IMO.

He would be great in vertical scheme that BA employs and could take over for Palmer within the next few seasons. San Diego is likely switching to a more "ground and pound" scheme to alleviate Rivers playing hero ball and put more of an emphasis on Gordon being the "bell cow". I'm hoping for Sam Darnold next year but doubt we pick that high.

It also makes less sense for the Chargers to draft a "groom-behind-Rivers" successor this year than it does for them to do it next year. Existing contracts matter and factor into these decisions. And forward-thinking GM isn't going to want to leave himself only one year of starting QB reps to decide whether or not to shell franchise QB money to a player (particularly at the most important position in the game). And Rivers, barring injury, is going to play out every year remaining on his contract - it's just the kind of person he is.

MathMan wrote:
I think I'm obfuscating all over the place!
DalCowboyzRule

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like Pat had a great combine.

Quote:
@techtuggery 14m
David Carr- "I'd pay to watch Pat Mahomes. He's fun to watch"
#NFLCombine

Quote:
@MoveTheSticks 33m
Mahomes has easy arm strength. No effort. 3/4 delivery.

Quote:
@MoveTheSticks 27m
Trubisky and Watson & Mahomes having really good throwing session. Under control, smooth and easy.

Quote:
@MoveTheSticks

For what it's worth...most impressive QBs today

1- Watson
2-Trubisky
3- Mahomes
4-Kizer

Quote:
@nfldraftupdate 13m
Pat Mahomes' is fun to watch in pads or without - that's a 'wow' arm & he controls it well. Unnatural delivery is okay, compensates for it.

Quote:
@nfldraftscout
Asked a DPP the best interview they've had so far, "Mahomes. I love that kid."

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bucky Brooks Cutler comparison is awful. The only thing they have in common is that they have guns.

I believe Mahomes is a more accurate passer of the ball despite having raw aspects in his game. I believe post snap he processes the game faster than Cutler and makes better decisions. I feel like he's more of a Matthew Stafford. Their ability to throw from different arm slots off platform, somewhat unconventional releases, ability to keep the play alive, etc...
jrry32

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lycaons wrote:
Bucky Brooks Cutler comparison is awful. The only thing they have in common is that they have guns.

I believe Mahomes is a more accurate passer of the ball despite having raw aspects in his game. I believe post snap he processes the game faster than Cutler and makes better decisions. I feel like he's more of a Matthew Stafford. Their ability to throw from different arm slots off platform, somewhat unconventional releases, ability to keep the play alive, etc...

Mahomes has a lot in common with Cutler. So does Stafford. Realistically, Favre, Cutler, and Stafford are all cut from the same cloth physically. They are just on three different levels due to their differing level of mental acuity and skill.

Mahomes could realistically be any of those three.(or never be as good as any of the three)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been studying Mahomes a lot lately. He was a tough guy for me to get a handle on early but I'm now a big fan. I think he's a franchise QB.

He's joined Brad Kaaya and Joshua Dobbs as my top QBs in this class.

Right now I think those 3 guys can be franchise caliber starting QBs.
Fullback

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VanS wrote:
I've been studying Mahomes a lot lately. He was a tough guy for me to get a handle on early but I'm now a big fan. I think he's a franchise QB.

He's joined Brad Kaaya and Joshua Dobbs as my top QBs in this class.

Right now I think those 3 guys can be franchise caliber starting QBs.

I fully agree regarding Mahomes. Tough to get a handle on him at first. But once you dig deeper, he is a somewhat easy evaluation. He is the QB most likely to succeed in this class imo. Rare physical tools, as well as mental toughness, leadership, work ethic and football IQ. Best QB in this class under pressure. His game is tailor-made for the NFL. Flaws are there obviously, but they don't influence his game like they should. Mahomes is special.

I disagree regarding Kaaya and Dobbs. If you take the best out of both though, it could maybe result in a decent franchise QB. Laughing
SilverNBlackFan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he will be the best, most box office QB from this class when it's all said and done.

He has a lot of warts to his game, but damn that kid is exciting to watch and just gets the job done. He's like a younger version of Romo with the impromptu moves.
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hoping and praying he's there at 25, but losing hope with all of the recent momentum.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
Rich7sena

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lycaons wrote:

I don't think Cutler is a bad comparison. Cutler is basically Matthew Stafford who doesn't see the field as well.

The thing is, Mahomes has to develop into either Cutler or Stafford because he isn't nearly as polished as those two coming out; which begs the question: is Mahomes worth a 1st round pick if he'll maybe develop into a top 15 quarterback in 3-4 years?
Fullback

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich7sena wrote:
Lycaons wrote:

I don't think Cutler is a bad comparison. Cutler is basically Matthew Stafford who doesn't see the field as well.

The thing is, Mahomes has to develop into either Cutler or Stafford because he isn't nearly as polished as those two coming out; which begs the question: is Mahomes worth a 1st round pick if he'll maybe develop into a top 15 quarterback in 3-4 years?

I'm a big proponent of Mahomes and I think the Cutler comparison is really good. Most people think it's insulting to be compared to Cutler, but he's been an about average starting QB for a decade. Cutler survived on arm talent alone, which says a lot about his arm. With better and more consistent coaching as well as better work ethic, we would put Cutler in the same tier as Stafford is right now. Mahomes is certainly a much harder worker than Cutler, while having the same arm talent. If he lands in a good situation I think Mahomes can be what Cutler should've been. And even if his career plays out like Cutler's, I wouldn't consider him a bust unless some team gives up multiple 1st rounders to pick him in the top 3 or so.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a Bears fan I do not think a Cutler comparison is an insult.

The problem with Cutler is that his scouting report at 33 reads the exact same as it did at 22 when he was drafted.

He never improved from a really good prospect. He still has crap ball security, he still takes too many sacks and does not throw with much anticipation.

So is Mahomes is starting at Cutler and improves then a team is going to be happy.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Mahomes is going to be the WTF moment of the draft. Top 10 maybe.
DalCowboyzRule

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:

It wouldn't be WTF to me. I saw a mock draft a few weeks ago that had him going #6 to the Jets.

I'd much rather him go to a better situation though.

I think right now realistically he goes either #13 to the Cardinals, or some team trades up ahead of them to snatch him up.

It's funny to me still seeing people on FF mock him in the late 2nd though.

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:

I could see SF - with a rookie HC and rookie GM (a GM with zero front office experience) both looking to make a splash​ at 2, being the "WTF" team. I think it's Watson, but get what you're getting at. One of these four QBs is going top 5, and that sets off a chain reaction in the top 15.

If I'm a betting man, Cardinals or Texans trading up to get Mahomes.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
reamer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep thinking that the Saints would be an intriguing place for him. Learn from Brees for 3 years, and then do the Favre --> Rodgers thing. Who knows if that will actually happen, but I could see it paying off for all parties involved.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 15 of 24

Jump to: