You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

A Dolphins Mock with explanations.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OleXmad

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:41 pm    Post subject: A Dolphins Mock with explanations. Reply with quote

Dolphins Draft Simulation from www.draftwired2.com

I used this draft mock simulation app and took the best players who fell to the dolphins picks, I'd suggest checking it out cause it's a pretty useful app for a quick mock. I'll also include explanations for why I chose the players.

Picks:
Rd 1 Pk 22 - Sidney Jones (CB) Washington - I mean aside from Byron Maxwell playing somewhat well to end the year, the Dolphins CBs could really use an upgrade and Jones provides a solid no.2 CB across from Maxwell.

Rd 2 Pk 54 - Pat Elflein (G) Ohio State - The dolphins biggest need Imo is at guard, Elfein fills a massive need at a spot that needs major upgrades and provides a little value, he can also play center as well if Pouncey goes down.

Rd 3 Pk 97 - Jordan Morgan (G) Kutztown St. - Another Guard because well can you really say the dolphins couldn't double up at the position? Morgan is a solid prospect.

Rd 5 Pk 166 - Charles Walker (DT) Oklahoma - An underrated pass rushing DT who gives the dolphins a solid depth player behind Phillips and Suh.

Rd 5 Pk 178 - Dawuane Smoot (DE) Illinois - DE is a need with only Cameron Wake who is now 36 and not much else as the position.

Rd 5 Pk 184 - Jalen Reeves-Maybin (OLB) Tennessee - Linebacker probably should've been addressed Earlier but Kiko Alonso and Jelani Jenkins aren't the worst starters in the world and Reeves is a solid 3rd LB.

Rd 6 Pk 206 - Fish Smithson (FS) Kansas - A late round safety to provide depth in case Reshad Jones isn't extended for some reason.

Rd 7 Pk 240 - Marquez White (CB) Florida State - Adding a local late round CB can't hurt, at the very worst he can play special teams.

Overall I'd say I addressed most of the big needs and got solid value,but feel free to explain why I'm wrong.

Current owner of the Portland Horned Owls in the Bizzaro Dynasty League, I'm a Ravens fan and I regret every second of it.
freak_of_nature

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:27 pm    Post subject: Re: A Dolphins Mock with explanations. Reply with quote

OleXmad wrote:

Picks:
Rd 1 Pk 22 - Sidney Jones (CB) Washington - I mean aside from Byron Maxwell playing somewhat well to end the year, the Dolphins CBs could really use an upgrade and Jones provides a solid no.2 CB across from Maxwell.

Our #2 and #3 CB's, Howard and Lippett aren't bad. Howard had a promising rookie season and Lippett had a promising second season. They just need to stay healthy.

The explanation for picking Jones in the 1st is that Maxwell is costing too much and is getting football old.

I wouldn't be against a 1st round CB, though.
OleXmad

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:28 pm    Post subject: Re: A Dolphins Mock with explanations. Reply with quote

freak_of_nature wrote:
OleXmad wrote:

Picks:

Our #2 and #3 CB's, Howard and Lippett aren't bad. Howard had a promising rookie season and Lippett had a promising second season. They just need to stay healthy.

The explanation for picking Jones in the 1st is that Maxwell is costing too much and is getting football old.

I wouldn't be against a 1st round CB, though.

I totally blanked on Howard for some reason, still you made good points.

Current owner of the Portland Horned Owls in the Bizzaro Dynasty League, I'm a Ravens fan and I regret every second of it.
bpastermack

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DE and OLB are probably our two biggest needs or close to it, so it's hard to see us waiting until the 5th round on those.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
DE and OLB are probably our two biggest needs or close to it, so it's hard to see us waiting until the 5th round on those.

I agree. Additionally, it is typically much cheaper to draft a DE and fill our OG need through FA.
cddolphin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As others have said, the Dolphins have 3 above-average (dare I say good?) boundary corners. Slot CB is certainly a need.

The positions you drafted all make sense, but a 2nd & a 3rd for OGs is overkill. It's 100% a need, but I would much rather spend those higher picks on defensive front-7 players.

Draft the DEs / LBs in the first 3 rounds, and look for the OGs in the later rounds instead.
freak_of_nature

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jones in the slot with X and Lippett on the outside could give Miami the best young CB trio in the NFL. And I don't see Tom Brady slowing down soon.
FCouchScout

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: A Dolphins Mock with explanations. Reply with quote

OleXmad wrote:

I used this draft mock simulation app and took the best players who fell to the dolphins picks, I'd suggest checking it out cause it's a pretty useful app for a quick mock. I'll also include explanations for why I chose the players.

Picks:

Jones is good value here but simply doesn't address one of our most glaring needs. In a deep CB draft, grabbing one in Round 1 doesn't make the most sense.

Rd 2 Pk 54 - Pat Elflein (G) Ohio State - The dolphins biggest need Imo is at guard, Elfein fills a massive need at a spot that needs major upgrades and provides a little value, he can also play center as well if Pouncey goes down.

Solid pick

Rd 3 Pk 97 - Jordan Morgan (G) Kutztown St. - Another Guard because well can you really say the dolphins couldn't double up at the position? Morgan is a solid prospect.

Bad pick considering we got Elflein in Round 2. There is no way we can go 3 Rounds without drafting a front-7 player.

Rd 5 Pk 166 - Charles Walker (DT) Oklahoma - An underrated pass rushing DT who gives the dolphins a solid depth player behind Phillips and Suh.

Good pick.

Rd 5 Pk 178 - Dawuane Smoot (DE) Illinois - DE is a need with only Cameron Wake who is now 36 and not much else as the position.

Many like Smoot, but he's horrible vs. the run. He might be okay as a weak side DE if we get a strong side DE in FA. There aren't many available, so I'd opt for a better run-defender.

Rd 5 Pk 184 - Jalen Reeves-Maybin (OLB) Tennessee - Linebacker probably should've been addressed Earlier but Kiko Alonso and Jelani Jenkins aren't the worst starters in the world and Reeves is a solid 3rd LB.

Good pick, could fall due to shoulder injuries.

Rd 6 Pk 206 - Fish Smithson (FS) Kansas - A late round safety to provide depth in case Reshad Jones isn't extended for some reason.

Solid pick, underrated player.

Rd 7 Pk 240 - Marquez White (CB) Florida State - Adding a local late round CB can't hurt, at the very worst he can play special teams.

Didn't we trade this pick to the Jags?

Overall I'd say I addressed most of the big needs and got solid value,but feel free to explain why I'm wrong.

freak_of_nature

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did the 3-round version as a guest:

1) M. Hooker
2) D. Feeney
3) D. Rivers
freak_of_nature

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

freak_of_nature wrote:
I did the 3-round version as a guest:

1) M. Hooker
2) D. Feeney
3) D. Rivers

I did another one with the CBS player rankings:

1) F. Lamp
2) T. Watt
3) D. Rivers
Daryl

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We dont own a 7th it was traded for J.Thomas
Russ57

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did the three round as a guest. Not quite how I'd want it to go but it could be worse.

1) Solomon Thomas (DE)
2) Caleb Brantley (DT)
3) Raekwon McMillan (ILB)
freak_of_nature

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fanspeak 7-rounder

R1P22
CB SIDNEY JONES
WASHINGTON

R2P22
EDGE T.J. WATT
WISCONSIN

R3P33
DL TANOH KPASSAGNON
VILLANOVA

R5P22
G JORDAN MORGAN
KUTZTOWN

R5P34
G DANNY ISIDORA
MIAMI

R5P40
LB MARQUEL LEE
WAKE FOREST

R6P22
S JOHNATHAN FORD
AUBURN

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: