Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Steelers awarded a 3rd round #105 comp pick.
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
3rivers


Joined: 01 Jan 2011
Posts: 5551
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelcurtain29 wrote:
trbst11 wrote:
I forget. What did we lose to get this good of a pick?


Technically, we lost 2 starters that I can think of in Beachum and Blake (Laughing)


Lebeau is still helping the team, thanks for starting blake. Now lets not sign Beachum (released btw) to only have him lose in camp to the 3rd round pick we got from him Laughing

CB early in this draft now?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MOSteelers56


Joined: 17 Jan 2008
Posts: 6469
Location: Anywheresville Missouri
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rivers wrote:
steelcurtain29 wrote:
trbst11 wrote:
I forget. What did we lose to get this good of a pick?


Technically, we lost 2 starters that I can think of in Beachum and Blake (Laughing)


Lebeau is still helping the team, thanks for starting blake. Now lets not sign Beachum (released btw) to only have him lose in camp to the 3rd round pick we got from him Laughing

CB early in this draft now?

I think corner was already in play early.
_________________

Deadpulse on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AlanFanecaFan


Joined: 13 Mar 2005
Posts: 11363
Location: Getting hammered with Jeff Reed
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MOSteelers56 wrote:
3rivers wrote:
steelcurtain29 wrote:
trbst11 wrote:
I forget. What did we lose to get this good of a pick?


Technically, we lost 2 starters that I can think of in Beachum and Blake (Laughing)


Lebeau is still helping the team, thanks for starting blake. Now lets not sign Beachum (released btw) to only have him lose in camp to the 3rd round pick we got from him Laughing

CB early in this draft now?

I think corner was already in play early.


I would agree,

I think you can lock in a Edge and CB somewhere in the 1st 4 picks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jcm412


Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 3820
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might give them some ammo to move up. Is there anyone who could realistically fall in the first or second you try to go up and get?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JustPlainNasty


Joined: 11 Feb 2008
Posts: 7249
Location: Honolulu
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im liking the value there at 105. I think it frees them up to make a solid value pick at a somewhat lesser area of need with our pick at 94. A possible underappreciated RB like James Conner(his 40 time is huge for his draft stock but his game is pretty good) , receiver like Ardarius Stewart or perhaps a QB that slipped down like Peterman.

For me this is almost as good as the typical want to trade down from 1 to get more 2's.

The DB value around this point is still very good, with guys that would probably be taken in the second round in other years.
_________________
Do something you love so much you'd gladly do it for free, learn to do it so well, people will gladly pay you for it. - Walt Disney
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TXsteeler


Joined: 17 Oct 2013
Posts: 2348
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is it a third rounder at #105? 32 plus 32 plus 32 = 96. This is an early fourth is it not?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
skywlker32


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 2792
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TXsteeler wrote:
How is it a third rounder at #105? 32 plus 32 plus 32 = 96. This is an early fourth is it not?


I'm not sure where your confusion is coming from, the compensatory picks are always at the end of the round that they are given. There are 11 teams with 3rd round compensation picks, so those picks are from 97 through 107.
_________________

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TXsteeler


Joined: 17 Oct 2013
Posts: 2348
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skywlker32 wrote:
TXsteeler wrote:
How is it a third rounder at #105? 32 plus 32 plus 32 = 96. This is an early fourth is it not?


I'm not sure where your confusion is coming from, the compensatory picks are always at the end of the round that they are given. There are 11 teams with 3rd round compensation picks, so those picks are from 97 through 107.


So it's only "technically" a third round pick because they say it is, but in reality it is basically a fourth rounder.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chieferific


Joined: 24 Feb 2006
Posts: 4613
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TXsteeler wrote:
skywlker32 wrote:
TXsteeler wrote:
How is it a third rounder at #105? 32 plus 32 plus 32 = 96. This is an early fourth is it not?


I'm not sure where your confusion is coming from, the compensatory picks are always at the end of the round that they are given. There are 11 teams with 3rd round compensation picks, so those picks are from 97 through 107.


So it's only "technically" a third round pick because they say it is, but in reality it is basically a fourth rounder.

Number wise yes, but it's before the 1st pick of the 4th rd.
_________________

warfelg wrote:
Quote:
why does KC have Houston (who is returning from a knee) cover AB on a crucial play? THAT makes no sense

They Butlered themselves. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JustPlainNasty


Joined: 11 Feb 2008
Posts: 7249
Location: Honolulu
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a 3rd round pick. Nothing has changed at all, just that there are more 3rd round compensatorys than ever before as I can recall.

They will be the last picks of day 2. I deem it as a very valuable pick, I feel like we won high to mid level prize in the lottery.
_________________
Do something you love so much you'd gladly do it for free, learn to do it so well, people will gladly pay you for it. - Walt Disney
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TXsteeler


Joined: 17 Oct 2013
Posts: 2348
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chieferific wrote:
TXsteeler wrote:
skywlker32 wrote:
TXsteeler wrote:
How is it a third rounder at #105? 32 plus 32 plus 32 = 96. This is an early fourth is it not?


I'm not sure where your confusion is coming from, the compensatory picks are always at the end of the round that they are given. There are 11 teams with 3rd round compensation picks, so those picks are from 97 through 107.


So it's only "technically" a third round pick because they say it is, but in reality it is basically a fourth rounder.

Number wise yes, but it's before the 1st pick of the 4th rd.


Yeah but numbers wise is all that matters, what we call it is irrelevant. It's value is that of an early 4th rounder. For example in the 2015 draft true first pick of the fourth round was #100, in 14 it was #101, last year it was #99.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chieferific


Joined: 24 Feb 2006
Posts: 4613
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TXsteeler wrote:
Chieferific wrote:
TXsteeler wrote:
skywlker32 wrote:
TXsteeler wrote:
How is it a third rounder at #105? 32 plus 32 plus 32 = 96. This is an early fourth is it not?


I'm not sure where your confusion is coming from, the compensatory picks are always at the end of the round that they are given. There are 11 teams with 3rd round compensation picks, so those picks are from 97 through 107.


So it's only "technically" a third round pick because they say it is, but in reality it is basically a fourth rounder.

Number wise yes, but it's before the 1st pick of the 4th rd.


Yeah but numbers wise is all that matters, what we call it is irrelevant. It's value is that of an early 4th rounder. For example in the 2015 draft true first pick of the fourth round was #100, in 14 it was #101, last year it was #99.

So if they said that the Comp picks would be used at the top of each Rd that would make more sense to you.
_________________

warfelg wrote:
Quote:
why does KC have Houston (who is returning from a knee) cover AB on a crucial play? THAT makes no sense

They Butlered themselves. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group