Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tony Romo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:29 pm    Post subject: Tony Romo Reply with quote

Reportedly has Texans, Broncos, Cardinals, and CHIEFS on his "wishlist".... I'm all about it. Trade a 3rd that can conditionally become a 2nd if he stays healthy and we make the playoffs, draft a pup, and move on from Alex. Please.

What do you guys think about bringing in Romo?

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Tony Romo Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
Reportedly has Texans, Broncos, Cardinals, and CHIEFS on his "wishlist".... I'm all about it. Trade a 3rd that can conditionally become a 2nd if he stays healthy and we make the playoffs, draft a pup, and move on from Alex. Please.

Didn't you just reject the idea of trading for Garrapolo because the Chiefs need to draft their own guy? And now you go for that old fart?

Casa Estrellita - my retirement home
samsel23

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Tony Romo Reply with quote

KC_Guy wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:

Didn't you just reject the idea of trading for Garrapolo because the Chiefs need to draft their own guy? And now you go for that old fart?

Wouldn't hate or love Romo..

Also no to Jimmy G. If we're going young, draft him. I'm not trading a high pick for someone with no experience and 1 year left on his rookie deal. He'd won't money and a long term deal with not enough film to justify

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Tony Romo Reply with quote

KC_Guy wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:

Hate to say it. But I'd do the same. I still want to draft someone. Ideally we could trade Alex to the Jets, Bills or other needy team. We get Tony for a couple years and hopefully get the QB play to push us into the title game. Romo's health scares me though. So I don't think I'd do it.

The Air Less Expected on 3rd down AKA the ALEX scale
mayanfootball

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's with dying to get guys with broken backs to play for you? Romo needs to go find a rocking chair and watch games on TV.
I'm not anxious to pay D.Poe to play slow with his bad back either.
Time marches on and takes its toll on all NFL players.
I don't weep for these guys, as they're financially set for life to do anything else they wish to do until death.
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:40 am    Post subject: Re: Tony Romo Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:

Find a magical $15M in cap space hiding under a rock, and I'm all for it.

It's just not financially possible without making some serious concessions that could hurt us more in the longterm. If we cut Nick Foles, which would be likely anyways, but especially in that scenario, we'd have just under $15M in cap space. So we'd be at a dead 0 from cutting Foles and adding Romo. So any move you plan on making past that, in the offseason, you have to find the money to do it. That means if you want to resign Berry, you have to free up $10M+ in space. If you want Poe, you have to find $8M+. If you want any free agent, a cut needs to be made elsewhere. And even paying our draft picks would require a move.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:16 am    Post subject: Re: Tony Romo Reply with quote

Jakuvious wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:

Find a magical $15M in cap space hiding under a rock, and I'm all for it.

It's just not financially possible without making some serious concessions that could hurt us more in the longterm. If we cut Nick Foles, which would be likely anyways, but especially in that scenario, we'd have just under $15M in cap space. So we'd be at a dead 0 from cutting Foles and adding Romo. So any move you plan on making past that, in the offseason, you have to find the money to do it. That means if you want to resign Berry, you have to free up $10M+ in space. If you want Poe, you have to find $8M+. If you want any free agent, a cut needs to be made elsewhere. And even paying our draft picks would require a move.

That scenario includes trading off Smith which would clear another 10M$ or so. It's tough but financially doable.

Casa Estrellita - my retirement home
Rearviewmirror

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:15 am    Post subject: Re: Tony Romo Reply with quote

KC_Guy wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:

Reid isn't going to play a rookie, trading for Tony and drafting Mahomes is the perfect scenario

les paul wrote:
Their opponent-
mayanfootball

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Romo is so fragile now, he'll be on the IR list before the season is half over. Chiefs need a QB, but not this bad. Wait and draft a young buck next year.
valkrei

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Tony Romo Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:

I am equally excited and terrified. Better than Alex? most stats say yes, proven playoff winner luke warm, and injory bug scares me.

Props to Loto Tailback for the SIG!
valkrei

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Tony Romo Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
KC_Guy wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:

Reid isn't going to play a rookie, trading for Tony and drafting Mahomes is the perfect scenario

Trading alex, getting romo and drafting a QB #1 would work.

Props to Loto Tailback for the SIG!
Chiefs_5627

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that the loss was all on Alex but I feel we beat Pitt and possible NE with a healthy Romo. I just feel Alex has more than peaked. We HAVE the team that could play for the crown but we scraped by so much this year. I know Romo is older and injury prone but at his peak he is a game changer QB. There's a reason Alex doesn't run anymore and I think part of that is he's become even more "safe", whether it be for post NFL career or just seemingly nervous. We have one of the top TE, a solid WR core and an oline that shows up now but Alex seems to be going the other way.

I'd like to get Romo and draft an heir. We have too " Veteran" of a team to go through growing pains with a rookie right away. As for the $$ I'd be willing to bet Romo would restructure to make a trade happen. He's made his $$ but no ring to show for it.

Sorry I'm all over the place with this post but I feel it makes too much sense to at least discuss the possibility.

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS
Rearviewmirror

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over his last 2 season. Romo has thrown for 69 TD and 19 INT. Alex has 35 TD and 15 INT.

les paul wrote:
Their opponent-
Taylor916

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony Romo is a guaranteed injury waiting to happen. He will never stay healthy. I admit he throws much better than Alex but Alex can run and doesnt get injured easily. Alex is 32 and Romo is nearly 37. If we did do it then we gotta get rid of Alex and keep Foles to have a solid back up. Foles seems to be a pretty good QB. Id keep Foles even if Drafting a QB. Because with Romo we would play most the year with the Rookie.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: