Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

General New - Bucs Edition V4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 54, 55, 56  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
http://thepewterplank.com/2017/02/27/buccaneers-hard-knocks-picking-steam/

I certainly hope not.

Count me in as someone who would love to see the Bucs on Hard Knocks this year. I don't think it's the distraction that many claim it to be. Our team is young, they have grown up in the social media era. I'm not concerned about a few more cameras following them for a couple weeks.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:

I certainly hope not.

Count me in as someone who would love to see the Bucs on Hard Knocks this year. I don't think it's the distraction that many claim it to be. Our team is young, they have grown up in the social media era. I'm not concerned about a few more cameras following them for a couple weeks.

Quote:
In the eleven seasons of the show, the teams appearing are a combined 86-90. Of those eleven teams, only five have made the playoffs and only one actually won a playoff game (2010 New York Jets).

Adopt-a-Buc Mike Evans 96 RECs 1,321 YDs 12 TDs
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7426/doug-martin

Quote:
Specifically, Koetter stated "we don't have to make a decision on Doug Martin right now," and the Bucs are "going to let the process play out." Koetter did add Martin is "in town and he looked great and sounded good," the last time they spoke. Koetter also believes Martin is "extremely motivated" to prove "getting the second contract didn't lessen his motivation.

Oh wow so let's all tip out caps because Fartin Martin didn't pack it in after getting a massive contract Confused

Adopt-a-Buc Jameis Winston 4,090 YDs 28 TDs 18 INTs
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Makes sense.

nathan004

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:

I certainly hope not.

Quote:
In the eleven seasons of the show, the teams appearing are a combined 86-90. Of those eleven teams, only five have made the playoffs and only one actually won a playoff game (2010 New York Jets).

This is like the Madden Curse. Just a superstition and I don't believe there is any correlation in teams appearing on Hard Knocks and them having a poor season to follow.

Out of the 11 seasons running, 6 out of the 12 teams who appeared on the show had records of 9 wins or more. (Two 9-7, Two 10-6 and Two 11-5). So if we are going off stats and not superstition we can say that more than 50% of the time teams that appear on this show have a higher chance of having a 9+ win season than not. But even that isn't a good reason to judge it.

I don't particularly care on way or another but I'll admit that I wouldn't mind having one season on the show to see my favorite team behind the scenes and a little more nationwide recognition / awareness.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:

I certainly hope not.

Quote:

Right, but I don't think that evaluating the overall records is an accurate indicator because teams are exempt from appearing if they made the playoffs in the previous two seasons. Generally these aren't good teams coming in.

Here is a breakdown of teams that have appeared on Hard Knocks and the change in their record afterwards. The results are all over the map which leads me to believe that there is no real negative correlation between performance and being featured on the show.

Baltimore Ravens -2
Dallas Cowboys No Change
Jacksonville Jaguars +4
Kansas City Chiefs -5
Dallas Cowboys -4
Cincinnati Bengals +5
New York Jets +2
Miami Dolphins +1
Cincinnati Bengals +1
Atlanta Falcons +2
Houston Texans No Change
St. Louis/LA Rams -3

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.bucsnation.com/2017/3/2/14788460/buccaneers-offered-mike-glennon-over-7-million-per-year

We've reportedly offered Glennon $7m per year. This would be great for us if we could resign him. At worst, we'll have a solid backup who's familiar with the system, at best we've got a relatively young backup QB who's deal is cap friendly enough for us to be able to auction him off.

I just can't see Glennon being back as a QB needy team will likely take a risk on him. We may just have done him a favour and set his minimum market value for him.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buc Ball wrote:
http://www.bucsnation.com/2017/3/2/14788460/buccaneers-offered-mike-glennon-over-7-million-per-year

We've reportedly offered Glennon $7m per year. This would be great for us if we could resign him. At worst, we'll have a solid backup who's familiar with the system, at best we've got a relatively young backup QB who's deal is cap friendly enough for us to be able to auction him off.

I just can't see Glennon being back as a QB needy team will likely take a risk on him. We may just have done him a favour and set his minimum market value for him.

He seems to only want to go somewhere he has a real chance to start AND will have continuity with the coaching. I wouldn't be surprised if he stayed here and got paid.

nathan004

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports the Saints are discussing a trade involving Brandin Cooks with both the Titans and Eagles.

This would be good for Tampa in multiple ways. It removes a player like Cooks from the division, but most importantly it gives two teams that are ahead of Tampa in the draft the ability to pass on a WR. I have a feeling that if Mike Williams' forty is less than satisfactory that he could be there at 19. Maybe even Corey Davis.

Possibility of Alshon also signing with Philly or Tenn is also a benefit to Tampas ability to draft one of the two top WRs.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nathan004 wrote:
Quote:
ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports the Saints are discussing a trade involving Brandin Cooks with both the Titans and Eagles.

This would be good for Tampa in multiple ways. It removes a player like Cooks from the division, but most importantly it gives two teams that are ahead of Tampa in the draft the ability to pass on a WR. I have a feeling that if Mike Williams' forty is less than satisfactory that he could be there at 19. Maybe even Corey Davis.

Possibility of Alshon also signing with Philly or Tenn is also a benefit to Tampas ability to draft one of the two top WRs.

Fingers crossed.

LazyBoyFil

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nathan004 wrote:
Quote:

is it just me that doesn't trust any receiver named mike Williams ? Laughing
theres been like 3 big time WRs prospects in the past named mike Williams and they all didn't pan out
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://m.buccaneers.com/news/article-1/3-Takeaways-from-Jason-Lichts-Presser/e2adcfc2-33dc-4143-94f8-8dc296e347b1

Quote:
"We really like Jacquizz," Jason Licht said. "Because of a rule with the CBA he was a MSB, a minimum salary benefit player, we can't sign him until free agency starts. In an ideal situation, we'd love to have Jacquizz back."

I wonder if this rules out AD, Charles, Lacy, etc. or if this is just lip service. I'd lean toward the former.

ravishingone

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So only in the NFL, there is a great chance the two QBs who played for the 2014-15 Bucs will be starters opening day in September. You know how the NFL likes storyline in week 1. So will it be the Jets or Bears opening weekend 1 in Tampa? Unbelievable, but true. 😎
indifference

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
So only in the NFL, there is a great chance the two QBs who played for the 2014-15 Bucs will be starters opening day in September. You know how the NFL likes storyline in week 1. So will it be the Jets or Bears opening weekend 1 in Tampa? Unbelievable, but true. 😎
Bears. We played the Jets week 1 I believe 3 years ago and we lost to Geno freakin Smith because David pushed him out of bounds. That said, they are a team I rather not face week 1. Chicago has a nasty DL and a good OL. They may lack talent in skill positions but they will be a hard gritty team to face like many John Fox teams. Those the type of teams that can win upset games early on the year. I rather see them while we have some rhythm.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.all22.com/san-francisco-49ers/49ers-angling-poach-buccaneers-rfa-jacquies-smith?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium
Quote:
The San Francisco 49ers are angling to poach Tampa Bay Buccaneers restricted free agent Jacquies Smith, hosting the edge rusher for a visit on Friday according to a report from NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport.

I think DE is a need. But if we lose Jacky Smith (it's not worth it to match a potential offer), DE becomes a BIG need.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 54, 55, 56  Next
Page 55 of 56

Jump to: