Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

TY's Unusual 2017 Draft 1.0 w/ explanations
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony7188

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:
TD-ES-JJ wrote:
CT Cowboy Fan wrote:
Have you seen the video? I'm going to go ahead and say there's zero chance we draft Mixon. The talent is there, but I highly doubt we'd take a chance on a player with such a disturbing off the field incident, especially when we currently have an all pro caliber player on the cusp of superstardom at the same position.

So he made a terrible decision and did something deplorable. How long does a man have to pay for a mistake made at 18? Should he not be allowed to have any type of career? I get the impression most people prefer that he be resigned to a life of poverty and never given a chance to be a productive citizen.

I say give the kid a chance to prove that he's remorseful and that he's a changed man.

He can be a productive citizen living a life of poverty flipping burgers at McDonald's. I'm completely ok with him being black-balled by every NFL team and never playing the game again.

I just watched the video and that is brutal. But I disagree with you here. There are very very few things that should make a drunk 18 year old out of his chosen profession for life. There would need to be a lengthy fact finding process into this kid and perhaps mandatory counseling.. but he should still be an employable player. I mean - this is pretty much the same thing as the Chiefs player from last year right? And all season people were singing his NFL praises.

You're spot on Matts. What Tyreek Hill did was way worse. A couple days ago I responded to a poster who tried to make a case that Aldon Smith should be forgiven because "It's not like he hit a woman". I hate this fake outrage many NFL fans and the NFL have towards certain crimes but not others. DUI's are swept under the rug and get no second thought, while domestic violence is seen as unforgivable. Michael Floyd was passed out drunk behind the wheel of an SUV while at a traffic light. No outrage or suspension, as he's immediately picked up by the Pats and now has a SB ring. But Goodell can investigate Zeke for close to a year with no closure.

I think Mixon deserves a shot at redemption in the NFL and the Cowboys take the chance.

NoFlyZone wrote:
Byron Jones is terrible. I'm sorry.
BigD88

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Jourdan Lewis is available in the 3rd round I will eat my shorts and drive around New York City in a llama costume.

KingofSTATS wrote:

Witten is just too slow and nonathletic to be a dominant force in the receiving game.
Calvert28

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigD88 wrote:
If Jourdan Lewis is available in the 3rd round I will eat my shorts and drive around New York City in a llama costume.

And if he is selected with the pick right before ours?
Moz, bad teams pick in the top 5.That's the way the draft works.
sodakcowboy78

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK time to wake up...this FA and Draft is totally out of wack

CJones at just $10 a year? Really? - $5-7 mil to little - why do u think NE traded him? They knew he was gonna be WAY expensive

JDavenport in round 2? Really? He will need a couple of years before he is ready - 2-3 rounds too soon

JLewis in round 3? Really? He will most likely be low 1st/high 2nd round pick - 2 rounds too late

Peace
Calvert28

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sodakcowboy78 wrote:
OK time to wake up...this FA and Draft is totally out of wack

CJones at just $10 a year? Really? - $5-7 mil to little - why do u think NE traded him? They knew he was gonna be WAY expensive

JDavenport in round 2? Really? He will need a couple of years before he is ready - 2-3 rounds too soon

JLewis in round 3? Really? He will most likely be low 1st/high 2nd round pick - 2 rounds too late

Peace

Only way Lewis is drafted that early is if he tests well at the combine.

People need to keep in mind of another player that was short but great at the CB position but tested so horribly at the combine it dropped him multiple rounds. Quandre Diggs who was said to be a possible late round first early 2nd draftable player.
Moz, bad teams pick in the top 5.That's the way the draft works.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: