You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

An Eagles mock with explanations for the picks.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OleXmad

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:59 pm    Post subject: An Eagles mock with explanations for the picks. Reply with quote

Eagles Draft Simulation from www.draftwired2.com

I used this draft mock simulation app and took the best players who fell to the dolphins picks, I'd suggest checking it out cause it's a pretty useful app for a quick mock. I'll also include explanations for why I chose the players and feel free to say I'm wrong if you disagree.

Picks:
Rd 1 Pk 14 - Leonard Fournette (RB) LSU - Obviously the eagles need a feature RB and Fournette fills that role by being a bruising power back in the mold of Adrian Peterson, either way he'll help out Carson Wentz and give the eagles an identity on offense. A WR could be argued here but Mike Williams was off the board and no one gave a ton of value.

Rd 2 Pk 43 - Curtis Samuel (WR) Ohio State - Curtis Samuel is in the mold of Randall Cobb (he can play WR and RB) and will be a solid option for Wentz to throw to as the no.2 WR behind Matthews.

Rd 3 Pk 74 - Chris Godwin (WR) Penn State - Drafting a local prospect who happens to be a good WR who can make sick catches in the mold of a possession receiver (I.E anquan Boldin but with speed) gives Wentz another solid option to throw to and develop with.

Rd 4 Pk 119 - Nico Siragusa (G) San Diego State - While the eagles o-line isn't the worst in the world it could stand to add some depth with Jason peters turning 36 soon and Lane Johnson 1 suspension away from being a goner.

Rd 4 Pk 139 - Brendan Langley (CB) Lamar (Tx) - Of course the eagles need a CB but this off-season will be about finding Carson Wentz weapons and building the offense around him, so CB is addressed in the middle rounds. Langley is a fine player who should be a solid Nickel.

Rd 5 Pk 155 - Chidobe Awuzie (CB) Colorado - Another CB because the eagles don't really have a no.1 CB and they could stand to add as much Young talent as possible.

Rd 6 Pk 194 - Marlon Mack (RB) South Florida - Another RB because well the eagles backfield is filled with aging runners and could stand to add another RB to pair with Smallwood and Fournette.

Rd 7 Pk 230 - Brady Gustafson (QB) Montana - Since Chase Daniel is expensive as hell and overpaid he'll be this year or next year, here's his eventual replacement. Plus spending a late round pick on a QB named Brady has worked out before.

Overall I'd say I addressed most of the big needs and got solid value but I'm only an idiot doing a pre-combine mock.

Current owner of the Portland Horned Owls in the Bizzaro Dynasty League, I'm a Ravens fan and I regret every second of it.
Jlash

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Fournette, and I think Curtis Samuel will bring some much needed speed to the offense so I can't be mad at it.

A guy like Awuzie shouldn't be there that late, but it's a deep class, so if he's there I'd be happy about it.

Mack is a home run hitter so I like him too.

Don't really care for taking QB's in this draft though.
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the same way AP woudlnt make sense in our offense dont think Fournette is an ideal fit either.
Jlash

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
In the same way AP woudlnt make sense in our offense dont think Fournette is an ideal fit either.

Elaborate for me.

edit: I've been drinking a lot lately and my memory is hazy. Are you the one who said he'd only be effective as a pure volume runner?
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlash wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:

Elaborate for me.

edit: I've been drinking a lot lately and my memory is hazy. Are you the one who said he'd only be effective as a pure volume runner?

Not only effective as a pure volume runner just think that he would be a better fit for that sort of offense. I think he would be wasted by Doug here and not worth the first round pick.

Think the eagles will want someone better as a receiver and pass protector.
Jlash

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
Jlash wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:

Elaborate for me.

Not only effective as a pure volume runner just think that he would be a better fit for that sort of offense. I think he would be wasted by Doug here and not worth the first round pick.

I can respect that. I have a strange feeling we'll wait until the 2nd and take someone we don't really expect like Alvin Kamara.
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlash wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Jlash wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:

Elaborate for me.

I can respect that. I have a strange feeling we'll wait until the 2nd and take someone we don't really expect like Alvin Kamara.

It will be interesting to me to know how the eagles think internally about guys like Smallwood and Marshall. They both looked good last year when given the chance. I wonder how big of a need the eagles actually consider running back to be going forward.
Jlash

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
It will be interesting to me to know how the eagles think internally about guys like Smallwood and Marshall. They both looked good last year when given the chance. I wonder how big of a need the eagles actually consider running back to be going forward.

I'd be shocked if they don't consider it a huge need. The cupboard is pretty damn bare. Especially with Doug being in Philly when Westbrook was a game changer and seeing what a guy like Charles could do when he was healthy. I've seen people compare Kamara's game to Charles', that's why I can see that as a sneaky day 2 pick.
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlash wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:

I'd be shocked if they don't consider it a huge need. The cupboard is pretty damn bare. Especially with Doug being in Philly when Westbrook was a game changer and seeing what a guy like Charles could do when he was healthy. I've seen people compare Kamara's game to Charles', that's why I can see that as a sneaky day 2 pick.

I don't know I just can't trust any andy reid disciple to run the ball. I mean guy didn't do it when he had a raw rookie qb out there. Laughing
Jlash

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
Jlash wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:

I don't know I just can't trust any andy reid disciple to run the ball. I mean guy didn't do it when he had a raw rookie qb out there. Laughing

Well Kamara has never had more than 18 carries in a game, so Doug P would use him juuuust right.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: