You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Do We Want Gilmore Back?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigbadbuff23835

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:11 pm    Post subject: Do We Want Gilmore Back? Reply with quote

I feel like none of us have discussed this.

I'm so torn about it. On one hand we need him, on another he's gonna get way more than he deserves.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes they need to atleast tag him. Its hard to judge a guys talent on a yearly basis as this will be his 5th DC in the 6 years he has been in the league. There is no doubt he is talented its just not consistent and i blame the coaching and safety production more then him. Atleast tag him to see what he can do under mcdermott if a longterm deal isnt answered. The bills are already down 2 safeties and losing a #1 cb would be a disaster for this team. I think this is just as important as keeping tyrod on offense.

Thanks Max
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For 12.5 mil APY yes.

Anything more than that and absolutely not. He is a very good CB but the system we have now will allow the CB's to play mostly zone and thats where he struggles.

It would be nice to keep our young talented players but McDermott has shown he can succeed with no big names at the position. Not to mention Seymour is an ideal fit for this defense.

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Trust the Process.
billzz

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes.
- Diaz III at 155 for lightweight belt.

Claim a MLB player- Aaron Judge NYY Noah Syndergaard NYM
LeeEvans

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not at the price he's going to get. I think Gilmore got unfairly scapegoated last year, he's going to get absolutely paid.

The night is dark and full of terrors.
Sacrifice is never easy, Davos. Or it is no true sacrifice.
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeEvans wrote:
Not at the price he's going to get. I think Gilmore got unfairly scapegoated last year, he's going to get absolutely paid.

Pretty much this.

I'd like to franchise him and see how he does in the new system. A system which should have Ragland and a couple draft picks to look good with.

Yibbyl

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
For 12.5 mil APY yes.

Anything more than that and absolutely not. He is a very good CB but the system we have now will allow the CB's to play mostly zone and thats where he struggles.

It would be nice to keep our young talented players but McDermott has shown he can succeed with no big names at the position. Not to mention Seymour is an ideal fit for this defense.

To the bolded...this is exactly why you let him walk! There is no way anyone should be in favor of forcing a square peg into a round hole and then PAYING for it on top of that! He'll be fine somewhere where he fits and some people will then claim that our FO is full of idiots. Let `em spew their nonsense. Still won't make Gilmore more effective in zone coverage.

Adopt a Bill:
I'd like to adopt myself as GM!
cdavls17

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He struggles in zone thats news to me since he was very good in 2014 which Schwartz played alot of zone. You give him up for seymour will be a huge mistake, Gillmore has been a solid Corner, is he top talent? No but you cant have top talent corner on every team he is definitely in the mix for top 5-10 in the league. You give that up for some bum on top of Ronald Darby struggling his 2nd year with 2 non existent safeties your pretty much calling the season quits cause you will have Tom Brady and Ryan Tannehill passing on them all year long. You just cant let good home grown talent go when it comes to having to pay them to replace for much less talented players. You also dont go and pay another corner that played well on another team to compensate. Most teams fail at that miserably and is usually not the answer. You have to pick and chose to pay players thats the name of the game if you feel that he is a huge benefit then pay him if you think he is equivalent to a guy like Mckelvin then let him walk, but to me he is someone you have to suck it up and pay.

Thanks Max
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You lost me at Seymour being a bum Laughing

Research Cover 1 and find his videos on Seymour from last season. He has shutdown potential and will be 10x cheaper then Gilmore.

Also Schwartz ran a majority of aggressive man coverage's in 2014. It had zone mixed in of course but that was not their base.

I'm all for Gilmore back but making a solid corner the highest paid in the league does not help the team that has cap trouble as it is.

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Trust the Process.
Buffalofan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It all depends on what you want out of the upcoming season. Buffalo has the 4th toughest schedule in the league. Do you want to take a chance to make the playoffs then you tag Gilmore (spelling). If you think we should try to make the playoffs then I assume you're keeping Tyrod Taylor too. But if you are willing to accept that we the Bills I mean are not a playoff team then you let Gilmore walk and you don't opt in on Tyrod. Let's just say they do the latter and we get a top 5 pick or even #1? Would you like that? I'm in favor of letting Gilmore walk and not resigning Tyrod and letting Jones be the QB and we sink or swim with him. If he doesn't do good or show some signs atleast then we draft a QB with the #1 pick next year. There is no quick fix to this team IMO
cdavls17

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bills have to many talented players on the team to sink and land #1 overall and there are teams like the niners jets and browns who are in a worse situation then the bills. Even with a so called top 5 hard schedule which is rarely accurate as most teams change with in a year. Your also counting on a Qb class to be good. Andrew Luck is the last qb i could think of that you had to literally suck to get and knowing he would be your future. I cant say the same for any other qb nor can i say that the guys in college right now are at that level to suck for.

If your expecting not to tag gilmore nor tyrod then start selling your blue chips like Shady and expect guys like Kyle Williams to retire. I just dont see that happening.

Bills have the pieces to be contenders but the coaching just manages to blow it for them. 2014 Bills had a top 5 defense but the offense was bottom half of the league. 2016 the offense was top 10 yet the defense was bottom half. If some how a coach can come in and manage to keep the offense at the same level and raise the defense back to a top 10 defense then they are contenders.

Thanks Max
Buffalofan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
Bills have to many talented players on the team to sink and land #1 overall and there are teams like the niners jets and browns who are in a worse situation then the bills. Even with a so called top 5 hard schedule which is rarely accurate as most teams change with in a year. Your also counting on a Qb class to be good. Andrew Luck is the last qb i could think of that you had to literally suck to get and knowing he would be your future. I cant say the same for any other qb nor can i say that the guys in college right now are at that level to suck for.

If your expecting not to tag gilmore nor tyrod then start selling your blue chips like Shady and expect guys like Kyle Williams to retire. I just dont see that happening.

Bills have the pieces to be contenders but the coaching just manages to blow it for them. 2014 Bills had a top 5 defense but the offense was bottom half of the league. 2016 the offense was top 10 yet the defense was bottom half. If some how a coach can come in and manage to keep the offense at the same level and raise the defense back to a top 10 defense then they are contenders.

I appreciate your response I'm just trying to get a feel for where the fan base is at. Listen no fan wants to win more than me but I want a Super Bowl win not just making the playoffs. To me this team if we keep Tyrod and Gilmore can make the playoffs but are far from a Super Bowl contender
cdavls17

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get that we are not contenders for the superbowl but to me at this point a playoff game is a win for this fanbase. Letting our own talent go year in and year out is a constant rebuild. For instance look how many starting rbs we had that were pro bowlers on this team the past decade i believe it was 5 yet they stick around and are let go every 2-3 years. So even though its not considered a full rebuild the bills are always rebuilding and its because of the coaching staff they want their own people to fit their scheme of play and it essentially hurts the development of a team as this coaches change every 2-3 years. At some point you have to say enough is enough and pay the players we draft rather then watching them shine on other teams cause the coaching staff wants their own guys rather working with the talent they have. Gilmore is a top CB talent letting him walk for much lesser talent is just a constant rebuild the bills need to suck it up keep the guys they have that are top talent and start working with them rather then forcing the coaching scheme on them.

Thanks Max
cdavls17

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bills are said not to be franchising Gillmore so he is gone for the bills which adds another hole on defense.

Thanks Max

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: