Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Compensatory Picks Awarded
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mke1010 wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:
mke1010 wrote:
I remember everyone including media saying we wld get two 3rd rounders and possibly a 4th.
What hppnd? These so called experts speak with such authority yet half the time "it is total BS." (Bull Dog from Frazier)

This stinks! This is total BS!

The vast majority of the media really don't have a clue what they're talking about.

Smile
In my view one the most under rated comedy shows of all time. Exceptional writing up until Niles and Daphne got together then it was all down hill.

Agreed. One of my all time favorites.

While I'm not happy with the way the compensatory picks came down, I don't think it's that big of a loss. We still have 10 picks and I think we need to try to parlay those into 6 or 7, I don't see 10 rookies making this team.

bhslinebacker wrote:
AAA is right, as he usually is.
Broncofan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
mke1010 wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:
mke1010 wrote:
I remember everyone including media saying we wld get two 3rd rounders and possibly a 4th.
What hppnd? These so called experts speak with such authority yet half the time "it is total BS." (Bull Dog from Frazier)

The vast majority of the media really don't have a clue what they're talking about.

Smile
In my view one the most under rated comedy shows of all time. Exceptional writing up until Niles and Daphne got together then it was all down hill.

While I'm not happy with the way the compensatory picks came down, I don't think it's that big of a loss. We still have 10 picks and I think we need to try to parlay those into 6 or 7, I don't see 10 rookies making this team.

Or parlay them into 2018 picks. It's hard to find fits trade wise to use up all the assets into 2017 picks alone - but yeah it's hard to see 10 picks making the team. Move up at key spots (Day 2 seems like the sweet spot to move from 2.51 and 3.82 / 3.102 for guys we want), or elsewhere if we really want someone. Or accumulate 2018 assets. We won't likely be getting any 2018 comp picks with our core signed and our cap space so that's a potential match.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at the picks awarded you've got to assume final W/L record has something to do with it. Cleveland made out like a bandit.
broncos67

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
Looking at the picks awarded you've got to assume final W/L record has something to do with it. Cleveland made out like a bandit.

Nah, that's not a part of the formula. It's purely based on contracts.

Thanks, Tzimisce
elliot878

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:

Play/performance on that new contract is part of the formula too... why we didn't get anything for Brock.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
mke1010 wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:
mke1010 wrote:

Smile

Let's face it, Elway will not use all 10. He would have packaged those picks up to move up anyway.
CWood21

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
The Okung thing is a double-whammy, not only does it do is out of a pick this year, but he'll count as a cut player and not a lost FA for next year.

I might be wrong, but I believe there's a precedent for Okung with the option being decline. Wasn't Revis' deal with New England structured similarly, and when he returned to the Jets the Patriots got a 3rd round pick in return for him?

PackFan4Life wrote:
I have been pooping like a unicorn for two days and it is freaky.

bkobow05 wrote:
So this is what DCR feels like on Saturdays...
mke1010

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:

Play/performance on that new contract is part of the formula too... why we didn't get anything for Brock.

This seems highly unfair. Why get penalized for making the right call if you lose a player and another team over pays?
Seems the team losing the player shd be rewarded for exercising superior judgment. Smile
mke1010

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:
mke1010 wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:
mke1010 wrote:

Smile

Let's face it, Elway will not use all 10. He would have packaged those picks up to move up anyway.

From my viewpoint, these are the positions the Broncos need to address this off season.

1. Left Tackle
2. Right Tackle
3. Guard
4. Tight End
5. Receiver (need another option besides our top two)
6. Running Back (Need a dynamic 3rd Back)
7. DE
8. NT
9. ILB

So, while all 10 draft picks may not have made the roster, we certainly need close to 10 new players added to the team.
If we sign 3-4 free agents that still leaves 6-7 players we need to make the team from the draft/undrafted free agents.
My point is, we don't necessarily have that many draft picks to spare as you seem to suggest.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: