Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Quick Mock 5.0 Matt Miller Rankings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MDSteeler1971

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:58 am    Post subject: Quick Mock 5.0 Matt Miller Rankings Reply with quote

Rd 1 PK30... EDGE TACO CHARLTON - MICHIGAN - was going to take Peppers here because Lawson has for some reason been falling to the 2nd late but took BPA w/o law problems!
Available - DL JONATHAN ALLEN - ALABAMA; EDGE CHARLES HARRIS - MISSOURI; S JABRILL PEPPERS - MICHIGAN; EDGE TAKKARIST MCKINLEY - UCLA; EDGE RYAN ANDERSON - ALABAMA

Rd2 PK30... CB CORDREA TANKERSLEY - CLEMSON - took EDGE in the 1st and best CB available in 2nd...
Available - WR COOPER KUPP - EASTERN WASHINGTON; RB D'ONTA FOREMAN - TEXAS; EDGE CARL LAWSON - AUBURN; S EDDIE JACKSON - ALABAMA; CB CHIDOBE AWUZIE - COLORADO; CB JOURDAN LEWIS - MICHIGAN; S MARCUS MAYE - FLORIDA

Rd3 PK30... WR AMARA DARBOH - MICHIGAN - "Surprise" he's that OBJ type of WR that can stretch the defense!
Available - EDGE JORDAN WILLIS - KANSAS STATE; EDGE GARRETT SICKELS - PENN STATE; EDGE DEREK RIVERS - YOUNGSTOWN STATE; CB KEVIN KING - WASHINGTON

Rd4 PK29... RB MARLON MACK - SOUTH FLORIDA - this pick depends on what we do with Williams!
Available - EDGE TYUS BOWSER - HOUSTON; CB MARQUEZ WHITE - FSU; EDGE BRYAN COX - FLORIDA

Rd5 PK29... DL LARRY OGUNJOBI CHARLOTTE - run stuffer!
Available - WR DAMORE'EA STRINGFELLOW - OLE MISS; WR JAMARI STAPLES - LOUISVILLE; QB COOPER RUSH - CENTRAL MICHIGAN

Rd5 PK37... G DAMIEN MAMA USC - fell a little so not a bad value
Available - EDGE MATT MILANO - BOSTON COLLEGE; WR JAMARI STAPLES - LOUISVILLE; WR JAMES QUICK - LOUISVILLE; TE ERIC SAUBERT - DRAKE; CB JALEN MYRICK - MINNESOTA

Rd6 PK29... EDGE JOSH CARRAWAY - TCU - he's faster than the other 2 listed...
EDGE EJUAN PRICE - PITT; EDGE KEIONTA DAVIS - CHATTANOOGA

Rd7 PK30... CB JEREMY CUTRER - MIDDLE TENNESSEE - Size and speed. A real surprise he fell here!

UDFAs:
CB EZRA ROBINSON - TENNESSEE STATE - Raw. Fast.
LB HARDY NICKERSON - ILLINOIS - if you don't know why he's here you are not a true Steelers fan!
LB BEN BOULWARE - CLEMSON - nose for the ball and smart!
LB RILEY BULLOUGH - MICHIGAN STATE - tough player stuck on crappy MSU team
QB CHAD KELLY - OLE MISS - hard nosed and hard headed...
S WESTON STEELHAMMER - AIR FORCE - you know why!
RB JAMES CONNER - PITTSBURGH - HUGE surprise here!
RB DE'ANGELO HENDERSON - COASTAL CAROLINA - awesome ball of fire!

Tear it up!
http://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/

Last edited by MDSteeler1971 on Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:21 am; edited 1 time in total
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Positions are fine, for the most part.

Not a fan of RB in the 4th. Wouldnt be too upset, but Id rather address backup RB in free agency.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Positions are fine, for the most part.

Not a fan of RB in the 4th. Wouldnt be too upset, but Id rather address backup RB in free agency.

I only picked a RB because I wasn't impressed with all who else was available at the time of the pick and should have taken CB White.
Check out the 2 UDFA RBs! Couldn't believe they fell through the draft. Look them up!
JLambert58

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you replace Charlton with Harris or McKinley, and throw in a S/ILB/TE instead of G, then sign me up. Not as big a fan of Taco as some. Don't see him fitting into our defense. He looks more like a 4-3 DE to me.

Like Tankersley. He's looks to have some good, size, length, ball skills and physicality.

Love Darboh. He's exactly what we've been missing. A tough guy over the middle with size & speed who's not afraid to fight for the catch - a la Ward or Boldin.

Mack, I like his speed, energy, vision and acceleration. His hips are a tad stiff but I'd definitely take him as a #2.

Don't know the rest, but wouldn't complain about DL depth and double dip on OLB and CB.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give how your draft fell, I would be surprised if the Steelers did not take Allen or trade back as someone would offer up the farm and their daughter to get him. Very very odd draft to have a conciseness top 5 (if not top 3) pick fall to 30. While Taco might fit their system better Allen is by far the BPA.

Thank you for not taking Peppers:D

I would have taken Willis or Rivers in the 3rd. I think the Steelers draft 2 EDGE players in this draft.

I agree with others in saying that the Steelers will handle backup RB in FA. i will be surprised if the position is taken in the draft. Henderson, who you list as a UDFA, would be a perfect fit for the Steelers.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
jcm412

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JLambert58 wrote:
If you replace Charlton with Harris or McKinley, and throw in a S/ILB/TE instead of G, then sign me up. Not as big a fan of Taco as some. Don't see him fitting into our defense. He looks more like a 4-3 DE to me.

Like Tankersley. He's looks to have some good, size, length, ball skills and physicality.

Love Darboh. He's exactly what we've been missing. A tough guy over the middle with size & speed who's not afraid to fight for the catch - a la Ward or Boldin.

Mack, I like his speed, energy, vision and acceleration. His hips are a tad stiff but I'd definitely take him as a #2.

Don't know the rest, but wouldn't complain about DL depth and double dip on OLB and CB.

Steelers are in a 4 man front more than 70% of the time. We would probably be better served to have more of a 4-3 DE.
JLambert58

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jcm412 wrote:
JLambert58 wrote:

Steelers are in a 4 man front more than 70% of the time. We would probably be better served to have more of a 4-3 DE.

I don't think so. Depends on how you want to define "4 man front."

Well let me put it to you this way: he's not quick enough and I don't trust him in coverage.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JLambert58 wrote:
jcm412 wrote:
JLambert58 wrote:

I don't think so. Depends on how you want to define "4 man front."

Well let me put it to you this way: he's not quick enough and I don't trust him in coverage.

Here is the Steelers defensive formation break down.

3-4 base: 294 (28.3%)
3-5: 4 (.4%)
Nickel: 675 (64.9%)
Dime: 58 (5.6%)
Goal line: 9 (.9%)

I'll take a DE who can bend around the edge and get after the QB . A DE who can stop the run when in a sub pack over an undersized OLB who has to come and put his hand in the dirt in sub packages and get pushed around, but can drop every now and then.

I also think he is athletic enough to drop.

My biggest concern with Taco is he slow reaction time off the snap at times.

Don't get me wrong. I like Harris and McKinely. I think Taco is the better choice.
jebrick

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jcm412 wrote:

Don't get me wrong. I like Harris and McKinely. I think Taco is the better choice.

Not with Jonathan Allen on the board.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
jcm412

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
jcm412 wrote:

True, but I think it's safe to say that's not realistic.
MDSteeler1971

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jcm412 wrote:
jebrick wrote:
jcm412 wrote:

And if Allen falls that far, what is wrong?
Chieferific

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JLambert58 wrote:

Yes!! We are in the minority here though. I question his ability to translate to the 3-4. As for the 70% 4 Man front stat, 65% of the time that's a Nickel. Hopefully, adding a Harris or McKinley in addition to an improved Hargrave/Dupree/Burns the Pass Rush would improve enough to give Butler some confidence and trim that percentage down and make this a true 3-4 team. And before I start hearing "This is a Passing League. You need to have a 4 Man front". Let me cut that off by saying...You simply replace one of the 2 ILB with a Safety/CB to counteract that. That leaves your BEST Pass rushers on the field.

warfelg wrote:
Quote:
why does KC have Houston (who is returning from a knee) cover AB on a crucial play? THAT makes no sense

They Butlered themselves. Laughing
jebrick

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MDSteeler1971 wrote:
jcm412 wrote:
jebrick wrote:
jcm412 wrote:

And if Allen falls that far, what is wrong?

He has murdered someone or was caught with 10lb of cocaine. Same issue if Hooker falls to 30.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: