Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

KingTitan's 2017 Pre-Combine/Mock Off-season V.1
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingTitan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragevsuall17 wrote:
As far as the draft, I'm the same as Choc.. no real gripes, just little nitpicks here and there.

Things I love:

Trade down from 5
Berry in FA

Things I like a lot:

Williams at 10
Ryan in FA

Things I like:

Resigning of Schewnke and Klug
Addition of a Bears FA QB (I'd like Hoyer much much more)
Reddick... although I'd lke it more in the 2nd
Leggett in the 3rd (I'd like this a lot, but this would probably signal the end of Amaro... who I really want to succeed with us, so it drops it a little).

Things I'm not crazy about:
I may die of heartbreak if, even after trading down, we have a chance at Foster only to have him snatched up right before our pick. There is no one in this draft I'd rather have.
Lewis in the 2nd. So much depth that I believe a very good corner or two will be availble at 44 (or within striking range) such as Conley, White, Tankersley. I'd even take Moreau in the second before Lewis. Personally, I like Kazee more than Lewis as well... but that's just me.

I think them passing on Foster is because they are targeting Reddick. Kinf of like Conklin, I think maybe they could identify someone like Reddick. Do some research of where he might go and get in that range.
I think the need at WR is a little larger than MLB. While we were abused in the passing game due to our lack of coverage LB's I think we can upgrade that aspect without spending a top 10 pick on a MLB, if we wanted. Of course they might feel Foster is a better prospect than Williams, because he is really.
But if they are trying to address those areas, then I can see this happening.

I'm not that big a fan of Tankerskley Conley or White. Don't hate them. Don't love them.
I think the only thing that separates them from Lewis is size. I personally think Lewis is a better CB, based on their skills, but like I said outside of the top few it becomes about preference with these others. I think they all can be good in the right situations.
Interviews and workouts will separate the Football IQs,passion, etc...

Couple more days until my dream of Berry hitting FA comes true. lol
KingTitan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
Chocolateman78 wrote:
When exactly did we get 3 3rd round picks? We have 2. Ours and our comp form the Rams.

Am I missing something? when did we get a 3rd from the Giants?

He has us trading back from #18 with the Giants.

Yeah. I'm horrible at predicting picks. I just feel we will be moving around in this draft.
He loves picks.
So finding a way to get an 2nd and maybe even a pick next year too. I think with this draft being really heavy in the top 50-70, he wants a chance to get a as many as he can.

With some of these picks really depending on personal preference and scheme fit, good players are going to be plentiful in the 2nd and 3rd. I can see him trying to take advantage of that.
TitanSS

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Size aside, I think Tankserly, White, and Moreau are all leagues above Lewis.

Unless Lewis is playing on the Broncos, because apparently the refs encourage their DBs to pass interfere on every play, I don't think he is going to be that successful on the outside. I watched him in 2015 and he didn't just get away with PI often, I felt like he 100% depended on it.

Agree to disagree.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: