Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

A mock Draft without Tyrod

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cdavls17

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:29 pm    Post subject: A mock Draft without Tyrod Reply with quote

I am doing this mock draft as if Tyrod Taylor will not be on the roster. I expect him to stay and thats what I want however this is an option that could happen. With that being said I do not see Tony Romo or Jay Cutler as the QB to come in to start. They are older, expensive and likely not wanting to come to Buffalo with a new coaching staff and basically a rebuild at this point.

With that being said the bills cap is currently at 26 mil

Players being cut:
Tyrod Taylor (clearing 13 mil)
Dan Carpenter (clearing 2.5 mil)
Aaron Williams (post June 1 designation clearing 4.2 mil) this will protect the bills and himself from further damage. Hopefully he retires.

Restructure:
Corey Graham (clearing 3.775 mil)

Extensions:
Eric Wood is on his last year signing him to a 3-4 year extension could essentially free up 3-4 mil this year which we will go with the least
Kyle Williams even at 33 years old he is still a leader and one of the best players on defense extending him another year can free up 4-5 mil again we can go with the least

Players not being resigned:
Ej Manuel lets be honest he was a disaster even having high hopes for the guy his fate was sealed after the disaster in 2015 where he threw 3 INTs to Jags and then stunk it up against the Jets Week 17 of 2016 season
Robert Woods price tag will be to high for him and essentially the bills will let him go
Lorenzo Alexander his price tag rumor is said to be around 5-10 million. Since bills are rebuilding and using a different system he is likely to walk.
Goodwin I am not a fan and think he is a one trick pony and fragile

Resigning of players:

Stephon Gillmore (franchise tag of 14.3 mil)
Zach Brown (3 years 12 mil, 8 guaranteed) cap hit will be 5 mill this year
Mike Gilislee (RFA 2nd rd tender 1.4 mil)
Brandon Tate (2 years 1.5 mil) solid on ST and depth at WR
Justin Hunter (2 years 1.8 mil) solid WR depth and has height for redzone

With all the moves before the bills start signing others their current cap will be 33 mil

Signings:

Tony Jefferson Strong Safety Arizona (5 years 32 mil, 17.5 guaranteed) 6 mil for this years cap
Eric Berry Free Safety Kansas City (5 years 58 million, 30 guaranteed) 8 mil against the cap this year
Ricky Wagner Right Tackle Baltimore (5 years 30 mil, 17 guaranteed) 6 mil for this cap year
Steven Hauschka (3 years 7.5 mil, 4 guaranteed) 2.5 mil against the cap

After the signings the bills have plenty of cap space left to add more depth players and 6 mil for draft which leaves them with 5-7 mil

This is where my left field thinking comes in to play. With Mike Glennon seeking 13-15 mil per year, hoyer likely wanting 7-10 mil a year, and the QB FA market is slim pickings. I do not believe that the draft will produce an instant starter either and I am very down on them ever starting in the NFL. So giving up an early pick for someone is just not what I want to do. With that being said the Bills trade a 2018 4th round pick that can escalate to a 3rd rd pick if this qb is on the roster at the beginning of 2018 to the Cincinnati Bengals and the Bills get AJ McCarron. I think he is on the same level as Hoyer and Glennon and there is potential in him like the bills saw in Tyrod. With his current salary of 700k and 2018 being a RFA (which is about 3-3.5 mil) this could be an answer to the Bills short term QB solution and possibly be a hidden gem but Im not holding my breath.

Draft:
Round 1:
10th pick both Corey Davis and Mike Williams gone so they trade with Tennesse titans 18th and (2) 3rd rd picks Tennessee has Mike Williams at 5 and now a top corner at 10

18th pick Bills Select OJ Howard TE Bama, with both top wr off the board they need a weapon on offense for McCarron to throw to and having dual threat Tightends with Howard and Clay they are able to spread the field

Round 2:
44 Malik McDowell DT MSU Bills need depth and he falls to them in the second rd

Round 3:
69 Juju Smith Wr USC
80 Maliki Dupree WR LSU (back to back picks at wr adding to the weak depth that they have and both can be solid #2s)
82 Hassan Reddick LB Temple

Round 4: No Picks

Round 5:
139 Chad Wheeler OT USC (no particular person really just need depth)
152 Stacy Coley WR Miami (another wr as bills just bolster the weakest position on the team)

Round 6:
169 Chad Kelly QB Ole Miss (with the bills only having 2 Qbs on the roster they add another body at camp that will battle Cardele Jones for back up spot)

Im sure we will have other needs that I missed more depth at some positions but I think the defense and WR (may be young) answer the bills future needs. Will only need McCarron to manage the clock and cause the defense to suffocate opponents.

Thanks Max
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McCaron is a really interesting option as a stop gap game manger type of player. I wonder though if Cincy would ask for a ransom because they have no other back up.

That free agency would be pretty unreal lol. In a good way though.

I'm a huge fan of Howard at 10. Right now he or Ramczyk are my top choices. I also like grabbing a lot of WR in the draft as its clearly a big weakness.

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Trust the Process.
CatzRB21

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

like the idea of trading down at this point but not a fan of mccaron dont see him as any type of answer. if anything roll wih cardale and trade up next year and get your QB. plus from 18 to 10 they would need to give up more than 2 3rds
2) Adoree' Jackson
2) JuJu Smith-Schuster
3) Marcus Maye
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couple things, our WR core gets worse, Eric Berry isn't coming to Buffalo, I like the trade down, I love Ricky Wagner fit with this team, Jefferson fits good, OJ Howard works.

I'd swap Budda Baker or another FS to start immediately in round 2 instead of McDowell and role with Bryant and Washington behind Dareus and Williams.

Maybe pay Robert Woods over Eric Berry ?
cdavls17

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a far fetch mock but I think money will talk for eric berry he paid his dues and kc is strapped for cash as they have the 2nd least cap space. So if they cant pay him he can go to the team offering the most. I think Maliki Dupree is underrated and will solve the #2 spot. He has more upside then Robert Woods does. I could see the bills sticking with bryant and not drafting a DT in rd 2 and maybe going WR but I just went with BPA at that point.

Catz it all depends on who is there, unfortunately the value is unpredictable as some years could cost more and some years could cost less. I felt that two early 3rd rd picks would get the job done to move back. It is equivalent to the bills 2013 draft when they moved back from 8 to 16 getting a mid 2nd round pick and with them being 10 moving to 18 i think the value was sufficient.

Thanks Max
billzz

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

game manage.. but here.. here is a bunch of weapons we need you to throw the ball to..
- Diaz III at 155 for lightweight belt.

Claim a MLB player- Aaron Judge NYY Noah Syndergaard NYM
cdavls17

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You wont need to throw to any of them if you dont have to. KC, Seattle, teams like that didnt win every game in the air they win on the ground with a qb who can pass the ball when need be and a suffocating defense. With this mock i went the route of a suffocating defense a capable running game with a qb who can make plays when need be but not count on him every down like tom brady, drew brees, aaron rodgers. No qb available in FA or draft are those caliber guys and if tyrod isnt your answer then this guy can come in and play the role alex smith does and make the smart decisions

Thanks Max

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: