Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Del Rio getting a new 4 year deal!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
Synyster wrote:
You can't undersell the importance of leadership, and confidence from a franchise QB. Carr sets the tone for the entire team. The players have fully bought in, along with ownership/management. 3-13, 7-9, 12-4. About as good as we could have hoped for.

The Chargers, and Saints wouldn't disappoint year after year if having a franchise QB was all that mattered.

You could say the same about the Colts. And they routinely disappoint too. Because they've had a GM who can't assemble a team. Much like New Orleans and their consistent poor defenses that they grossly overpay for. Also, I like calling em the ChargIRs since they're always decimated by injuries and Rivers has nothing to work with

The difference between us and them, is Reggie McKenzie. Who has given us loads of talent to work with. I think Jack is an average coach. He's done well to get us where we are, but I really don't think he'll ever be a reason we win a super bowl (if we ever do with this core).
NightTrainLane

Location: On the wall defending Reggie from all blasphemous heretics!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Darkness wrote:
Synyster wrote:
You can't undersell the importance of leadership, and confidence from a franchise QB. Carr sets the tone for the entire team. The players have fully bought in, along with ownership/management. 3-13, 7-9, 12-4. About as good as we could have hoped for.

The Chargers, and Saints wouldn't disappoint year after year if having a franchise QB was all that mattered.

You could say the same about the Colts. And they routinely disappoint too. Because they've had a GM who can't assemble a team. Much like New Orleans and their consistent poor defenses that they grossly overpay for. Also, I like calling em the ChargIRs since they're always decimated by injuries and Rivers has nothing to work with

The difference between us and them, is Reggie McKenzie. Who has given us loads of talent to work with. I think Jack is an average coach. He's done well to get us where we are, but I really don't think he'll ever be a reason we win a super bowl (if we ever do with this core).

That is just a dumb statement. If the team wins a Super Bowl with JDR as coach then he absolutely part of the reason they won. We can however deep on this topic as you want but that will never stop being true.

You can find fault in some of his traits and question his coaching attributes but if his team climbs the mountain he deserves his due just like the Owner, GM, Front Office, Coaching Staff and Offensive and Defensive leaders. Just disappointing to hear that from you.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NightTrainLane wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Darkness wrote:
Synyster wrote:

That is just a dumb statement. If the team wins a Super Bowl with JDR as coach then he absolutely part of the reason they won. We can however deep on this topic as you want but that will never stop being true.

You can find fault in some of his traits and question his coaching attributes but if his team climbs the mountain he deserves his due just like the Owner, GM, Front Office, Coaching Staff and Offensive and Defensive leaders. Just disappointing to hear that from you.

You're right. I meant THE reason. Screwed up while backspacing and wording, not that I really expect you to believe me. Simply put, I feel like most of this teams success has and will continue to fall on the talent we have and the people who helped and continue to help acquire it. JDR can be lumped in with them some, I suppose.

I'd continue to discuss coaching, but we never see eye to eye on it. Laughing
NightTrainLane

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Darkness wrote:
Synyster wrote:

You're right. I meant THE reason. Screwed up while backspacing and wording, not that I really expect you to believe me. Simply put, I feel like most of this teams success has and will continue to fall on the talent we have and the people who helped and continue to help acquire it. JDR can be lumped in with them some, I suppose.

The most reluctant and half-a**ed admittance in history Applause But it counts!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NightTrainLane wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Darkness wrote:
Synyster wrote:

Not really. I legitimately meant that. The thought was he's never going to be a Carroll or Belicheck type to lead us there as the primary influence. Those are extreme examples of course, but I reiterate that I feel like most of this teams success has and will continue to fall on the talent. You don't need a coach like that to win it all, but I'm not sure he'll be in the next tier of coaches even.

Also, language.
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with SB. If JDR can't manage our defense better going forward, I'm gonna continue to indicate that this team wins way more based on our talent than our coaching. I can't really look at any of our positional units and be like "wow, he really got the most out of/coached up those players".

Yo buddy quit trolling yeah.
NightTrainLane

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Darkness wrote:
Synyster wrote:

Not really. I legitimately meant that. The thought was he's never going to be a Carroll or Belicheck type to lead us there as the primary influence. Those are extreme examples of course, but I reiterate that I feel like most of this teams success has and will continue to fall on the talent. You don't need a coach like that to win it all, but I'm not sure he'll be in the next tier of coaches even.

Also, language.

When I really mean something I don't make wishy washy statements like "can or could be lumped in there some"
but that's just me, I suppose

BTW, I agree with you and Oak that he "may" not be a game changer on the sidelines (we really don't know). He isn't perceived that way at the moment.

I just took issue with the assumption that he wouldn't get credit for being part of the turn around of the franchise as he clearly is currently and would be in the hypothetical situation that we continue this upward trajectory and win the super bowl.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NightTrainLane wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Darkness wrote:
Synyster wrote:

Also, language.

When I really mean something I don't make wishy washy statements like "can or could be lumped in there some"

BTW, I agree with you and Oak that he "may" not be a game changer on the sidelines (we really don't know). He isn't perceived that way at the moment.

I just took issue with the assumption that he wouldn't get credit for being part of the turn around of the franchise as he clearly is currently and would be in the hypothetical situation that we continue this upward trajectory and win the super bowl.
If you really think about it it the good coach and QB combo that go far in the playoffs.
NightTrainLane

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Darkness wrote:
Synyster wrote:

Also, language.

If you really think about it it the good coach and QB combo that go far in the playoffs.

True with a few exceptions

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NightTrainLane wrote:

Oh. When I said that bit about "can or could be lumped in there some", I specifically meant about acquiring talent.
NightTrainLane

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:

Oh. When I said that bit about "can or could be lumped in there some", I specifically meant about acquiring talent.

I understood that.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it and I feel that he had his first go around with Jax then stepped back for a time and was more ready when he took us on, JDR may be hitting his stride as a HC just needed some time to get there.
Totty

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speed_Wrench wrote:
I like it and I feel that he had his first go around with Jax then stepped back for a time and was more ready when he took us on, JDR may be hitting his stride as a HC just needed some time to get there.

A lot of coaches aren't successful their first go round and blossom in their second attempt.

First Steve Jobs, Now Al Davis.. God must be building something.
G

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reggie gets credit for aquiring the talent to fit the system and keeping contracts team friendly in case there is no fit.
JDR gets credit of being the general that believes in his troops. JDR was a very conservative coach I think most would say, but he TRUSTED the talent/troops and was more aggressive which lead to our great success.
Carr is the Leader on the field who EVERY player looks to when were in the fight. When he was hurt we all saw Irvin have to rally Mack as Mack looked devastated after Carr's injury. Carr is our leader and Mack is our Defensive MVP and co captain. They both are the ones to look to and to trust when in the fight.
Mark Davis deserves the credit of checking EGO at the door and asking those he trusted for help to find our first GM. Mark deserves the credit of sticking with the GM through the hard times as the GM cleaned up the salary cap mess that Al had left. Even though Mark inherited the team when Al passed. He managed to see the franchise through a really rough time and to allow those he put in charge to put together what we are and what we will become.
Could we have a better coach? I'm sure but our HC understands where he fits and what needs to be done.
What makes BB great is he has a plan/system and works his plan to perfection. Whatever you do on a consistent basis you will continue to improve upon. Reminds me of working out in the gym. Been lifting for 27 years, almost everyday doing some form of exercise. It's a habit and a pleasure for me but wasn't always like that. Laughing People get motivated to exercise and go in pushing themselves hard and then quit because they didn't get the 'results' quickly. This franchise is being built the right way and we are now starting to see the results. If JDR can't continue to GROW with this team, then eventually he'll be replaced. We were growing last time when Gruden and we kept showing improvement. Problem was EGO, Al Davis's EGO got in the way and instead of signing Gruden to another deal, he traded him away and got some value while keeping the rest of the staff in place. We continued to improve but fell apart when we faced our former coach in the Super Bowl. Then age/injury and EGO all took us down for more than a decade. Atrophy set in and now we are back in the gym. Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: