Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

who should Pats draft at 12?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swindlemaster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:34 pm    Post subject: who should Pats draft at 12? Reply with quote

If Garoppolo-qb is traded to Cleaveland for the number 12 pick,who should Pats take?Maybe Foster-lb or Barnett-de.What about Howard-te if you lose Bennett-te.
MoJo63

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: who should Pats draft at 12? Reply with quote

swindlemaster wrote:
If Garoppolo-qb is traded to Cleaveland for the number 12 pick,who should Pats take?Maybe Foster-lb or Barnett-de.What about Howard-te if you lose Bennett-te.

Well I would like a true Right Tackle or Rush End. But BB may work a trade on that.
Tommy5Rings

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: who should Pats draft at 12? Reply with quote

MoJo63 wrote:
swindlemaster wrote:

Well I would like a true Right Tackle or Rush End. But BB may work a trade on that.

Marcus Cannon was a Top 5 RT last year. Why draft one high in a weak OT class?
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cannon was the team's best OL last year and just extended his contract. They won't need a RT for awhile
MoJo63

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: who should Pats draft at 12? Reply with quote

Tommy5Rings wrote:
MoJo63 wrote:
swindlemaster wrote:

Cannon got blown up in the playoffs, not sure who rated him top 5, but if he is that is a scary thought for that position across the league.
Tommy5Rings

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: who should Pats draft at 12? Reply with quote

MoJo63 wrote:
Tommy5Rings wrote:
MoJo63 wrote:
swindlemaster wrote:

Cannon got blown up in the playoffs, not sure who rated him top 5, but if he is that is a scary thought for that position across the league.

Cannon was on fire all year. He absolutely stonewalled Beasley in the SB. You might be thinking of Solder who played great in the regular season and forgot how to block in the last 2 games of the playoffs.

Only real need on the OL in my mind is a center to compete with Andrews that can be had with a 3rd/4th round pick. Shaq Mason was shaky at times at RG, but has grown a lot and will only get better
dhunt2402

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cannon was by far our best offensive lineman last season. He was 2nd team All Pro. There is literally no logical argument that we need a new right tackle, I can't believe I'm even having to type that out.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I guess we'll see.
Tommy5Rings

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To answer the original question, I think my two main targets would be Foster and Solomon Thomas in that order.

If neither of them are there, I would trade down into the early 20's and try to stockpile picks
young juice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IF the team gets #12 we all know BB will wait until its 11 or until its his pick and then juice a team for what he wants. Get some 2nds, 3rds and futures for it.

But if they keep it I would take a LB, DE or CB. Maybe a DT. Don't think we need a WR or OL. 12 is too early for TE or RB for this team.

RIP Marquise Hill (August 8, 1982 May 28, 2007)
RIP Sean Taylor (April 1, 1983 November 27, 2007)

Starless

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best LB or DE available.
ChazStandard

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How top heavy is this draft? Would BB keep at 12 or trade back?
2016 - Julian Edelman WR: Rec: 98 Yds: 1106 TD: 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: