You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

5 Lesser Known Free Agents

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
r8der14

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:59 pm    Post subject: 5 Lesser Known Free Agents Reply with quote

Benny Cunningham
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5zsTf0LY3EE

This is with the caveat that Latavius walks, which I am all for, and that the Raiders draft a bigger back. At 5' 10" and 215 lbs he is closer to Richard and Washington than he is to Latavius, but I don't think that's a bad thing. He's only 26, has averaged over 4 yards throughout his career, and has proven to be a great pass catching back. He sounds a lot like 2 guys we already have, but I would argue that at least one of those 2 is likely to get hurt at some point in the season. For it to be effective you need at least two of them at all times to spell one another. Sign Cunningham and draft a bigger back in the 3rd-5th round and I think the committee is good to go.

Kevin Minter
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OjlYStZRd9Y

One of my favorite players coming out of LSU, Minter has been somewhat of a disappointment up to this point of his career. However he took a step foward in 2016 and graded out pretty well in coverage on pff. Missed tackles have plagued him the most but if he can clean that up I think he can be a solid coverage Linebacker.

Gerald Hodges

Drafted by the Vikings in 2013 and traded to the 49ers 2 years later. Has been just a solid starter much of his career, I have him on this list because Perry Riley is a free agent and could potentially leave. I do not expect that to happen but if he commanded more money elsewhere then Gerald Hodges could be a solid inside run-stuffing LB.

Captain Munnerlyn

He is not an unknown name, but I don't think he will command a high dollar contract. He has mainly played in the slot during his career and would project as a potential DJ Hayden replacement. He struggled at some points last year but was mostly solid, and I would argue would be an upgrade over Hayden. He will be 29 by the start of the year so could be helpful on a short term contract.

Bradley McDougald

Reggie Nelson being a pro bowler was as comical as any inclusion that I can remember in the past few years. I don't think he should be cut but I think he should be phased out. Drafting a rookie to start seems unwise as well with Karl Joseph on the other side, you'd like to have someone with some experience on the other side of him. McDougald will be going on his 5th year, and has had some inconsistencies but has also flashed some good play. If he can clean up his play then I think he can be an effective starter.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: