You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

George Godsey and Larry Izzo

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:19 pm    Post subject: George Godsey and Larry Izzo Reply with quote

Its past 12 noon Monday. Why the hell arent they fired yet?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: George Godsey and Larry Izzo Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
Its past 12 noon Monday. Why the hell arent they fired yet?

It's a holiday! Wink
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1000% on Godsey. O'Brien is a certified egomaniac, but he needs to grow some humility and admit that Godsey simply is NOT getting the job done. Osweiler is abysmal, but no OC should EVER keep his job after a season with 25 total TDs. Super Bowl defense - Junior High offense.

Giving up another critical kickoff return TD in a playoff game is absolutely a fire-able offense as was lining up only 10 men for a kickoff mid-season, but I'm inclined to give Izzo another season. Kickoff Returns were beyond pathetic (18.6 yards), but I place blame squarely on the same ineffectual moron (lil Ricky) who has burned draft picks on Tyler Ervin, Braxton Miller, Keith Mumphrey, Rishard Cliett, Alan Bonner, Shiloh Keo, Rashad Carmichael, Sherrick McManus, Trindon Holliday, and Dorin Dickerson. I can't think of another team that actively drafts so many players that are pretty much exclusively special teamers, yet Texans special teams returns and coverage have been abysmal for a decade save for a couple years where Jacoby Jones had some decent punt returns when he wasn't fumbling away games. I will give him credit for drafting a fine punt returner in Will Fuller, although I suspect most would expect the #21 overall pick to actually be able to catch the ball as a WR. If only we could have gotten a player like Tyreek Hill at the end of the 5th round instead of burning 1st, 3rd, 4th rounders on returners in Fuller, Miller, & Ervin and still rank #31. Funny, he's even a better WR than our #1 pick, but then again some GMs actually pay attention to day 2 & 3 of the draft to find impact players. Lil Ricky's stink permeates every phase of this team!

Recovering Texans Season Ticket Holder
jch1911

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Texans fired OC George Godsey.
It was officially announced as a "mutual parting of ways." Godsey spent the last two seasons as Houston's offensive coordinator, but Bill O'Brien retook playcalling duties in late September. Whether Godsey was a problem or not, the Texans felt the need to "part ways" with someone for their impotent offense, and it certainly wasn't going to be the guy (GM Rick Smith) who signed Brock Osweiler. The Texans are back to the drawing board at quarterback for 2017.
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jch1911 wrote:
Quote:
Texans fired OC George Godsey.
It was officially announced as a "mutual parting of ways." Godsey spent the last two seasons as Houston's offensive coordinator, but Bill O'Brien retook playcalling duties in late September. Whether Godsey was a problem or not, the Texans felt the need to "part ways" with someone for their impotent offense, and it certainly wasn't going to be the guy (GM Rick Smith) who signed Brock Osweiler. The Texans are back to the drawing board at quarterback for 2017.

Good riddance.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it's too much to ask for that not to be the end of the changes up top. A screwup of Brock's caliber is totally a fireable offense for Rick Smith, you'd think, but I have my doubts it will *actually* be one.

One can dream, still...
Darn. I want a superb owl. I only have this POS barn owl. Hedwig would be a major upgrade.
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Longhorns90 wrote:
I guess it's too much to ask for that not to be the end of the changes up top. A screwup of Brock's caliber is totally a fireable offense for Rick Smith, you'd think, but I have my doubts it will *actually* be one.

One can dream, still...

So word is O'Brien's brilliant "plan" is to hire himself as OC (again). So much for new ideas. Personally, I think Brad Childress from KC would be a great hire. Dude has found a way to maximize Alex Smith's limited talent and actually finds creative ways to get the ball in playmakers hands. Imagine Will Fuller or Braxton Miller contributing 330 yards RUSHING like Childress coaxed out of his receivers and goodness knows how many receiving yards were glorified forward handoffs. Seems to be something that might help a slow, inaccurate QB with no touch. Of course, I think we've officially entered into O'Brien not wanting to have his "replacement" on staff. Heck, it's a bit scary that we haven't even locked up Romeo Crennel for next season.

Recovering Texans Season Ticket Holder
jch1911

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just going to park this right here...
Quote:
Lions hired former Texans OC George Godsey as defensive assistant/special projects.
The offensive coordinator in Houston the last two seasons, Godsey was reportedly in the running for the Jets' OC job, but that position went to John Morton. Godsey has never coached on the defensive side, but he does have a history with Lions GM Bob Quinn from their time together in New England. Godsey will likely spend a season in the shadows before looking for another coordinator job next January.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: