Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

A Grammy Worthy Mock Offseason

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:01 pm    Post subject: A Grammy Worthy Mock Offseason Reply with quote

Two scenarios and I can't decide which I like more.

1. David Njoku, TE - I would absolutely love OJ Howard or Hassan Reddick, but I don't think they fall. Njoku isn't a bad contingency prize.
2. Jarrad Davis, LB - Davis is fast and aggressive. He hits like a train, which may get him in some trouble but he'll bring fierceness to the MLB spot.
3. Duke Riley, LB - What? Back to back LB?! Basically all of our starting and most reserve LB are FA next season. Riley is another LSU LB that can stop the run, cover, and get his hands on the ball. A little undersized and can get lost in blocks but can easily be a starter.
3a. Sidney Jones, CB - If Jones is still here, he would be a great pick, too. He's easily a first round talent who will fall due to his injury. Drc is aging so Jones can focus on recovering and ease into a role.
4. Deshaun Hall, DE - Depth with the possibility to be a starter.
5. Chris Carson, RB - He will be a great compliment to Perkins. He's a bewtween the tackles bruiser. Brings physicality and toughness.
6. Charles Walker, DT - A talented gamble.
7. Alex Torgensen, QB - Strong arm, athletic, and smart. Played low level competition.

Option 2:
1. Ryan Ramcyzk, OT
2. Jarrad Davis, LB
3. Gerald Everette, TE
4. Nathan Peterman, QB
5-7. Same

Original Mock

Cut/Let Walk:
JPP; Victor Cruz; JT Thomas; Jennings; Donnell; Vereen

Resign:
Pugh; Hankins; Keenan Robinson; John Jerry, Will Tye, Robert Thomas, DeOssie, Wynn

1. Pat Mahomes, QB
2. Garrett Bolles, LT
3. Hassan Riddick, ILB
4. Deashon Hall, DE
5. Josh Reynolds, WR
6. Keionta Davis, DE
7. Marquez White, CB

Prior Mock:
3. Donta Foreman, RB

Last edited by Kodaraw on Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:56 pm; edited 7 times in total
Pierre V2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love letting Donnell walk, he's my least favorite Giant of all time. Chronic fumblitis and plays like he's 5'10, 170 lbs.

However, I am not so sure about drafting any QB in the first round. Would much rather see it used on Njoku, O.J Howard, or any of the edge rushers.

Also, don't think Foreman will make it past the second round, I think he's a early/ mid second round guy, and giants 3rd round pick is toward the back of the third round.

Otherwise, I like the idea of letting JPP walk, which coincides with using a 1st or 2nd on a DE. Hankins is much more valuable at this point. Nick Perry would also be nice to have.

Good stuff, though.
mattbags2313

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pierre V2 wrote:
I love letting Donnell walk, he's my least favorite Giant of all time. Chronic fumblitis and plays like he's 5'10, 170 lbs.

However, I am not so sure about drafting any QB in the first round. Would much rather see it used on Njoku, O.J Howard, or any of the edge rushers.

Also, don't think Foreman will make it past the second round, I think he's a early/ mid second round guy, and giants 3rd round pick is toward the back of the third round.

Otherwise, I like the idea of letting JPP walk, which coincides with using a 1st or 2nd on a DE. Hankins is much more valuable at this point. Nick Perry would also be nice to have.

Good stuff, though.

i hate the idea of letting JPP, walk and filling that need in the first round. We have other needs to fill with that pick. JPP earned the money. Pay the man and have dominant ends like we did in both SB years. If we go DE in the first ill lose my mind
Pierre V2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the right situation I'm happy they resign JPP, but if re-signing him limits their ability to address other , bigger needs on the o-line, then I want the first rd DE
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated. Have us signing AP. He's itching to play for us. Would give Perkins a vet to play behind.
Acgott

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AP doesn't make sense. He's an injury prone 32 year old RB who isn't good in shotgun and runs with a FB. He doesn't fit the offense at all.
GMENNATION

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acgott wrote:
AP doesn't make sense. He's an injury prone 32 year old RB who isn't good in shotgun and runs with a FB. He doesn't fit the offense at all.

What's your opinion on the RB situation in general? Just roll with what we have? Draft a guy high / sign a younger FA?

At the right price, I'd take a flier on Peterson just don't want to get stuck with a bad contract. I'm of the opinion they can roll with what they have but if the right situation arises, I wouldn't mind it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GMENNATION wrote:
Acgott wrote:

What's your opinion on the RB situation in general? Just roll with what we have? Draft a guy high / sign a younger FA?

At the right price, I'd take a flier on Peterson just don't want to get stuck with a bad contract. I'm of the opinion they can roll with what they have but if the right situation arises, I wouldn't mind it.

dalvin cook or foreman. I know everyone hate the idea of a top back but our QB is declining and needs the weight off him. Lets get someone who can truly preserve his career
WiscoBlue21

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take AP but it's gotta be on a reasonable contract, if not then no thanks.
minutemancl

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a fan of the free agency. Nick Perry doesn't have a spot in our defense and neither does Adrian Peterson, unless he wants to play for the vet minimum.

Big fan of the draft though. Mahomes is my 3rd favorite QB in what is a very underrated QB draft class. I'm also a huge fan of Reddick, in a few weeks you'll see how big a fan, but there is absolutely 0 chance he makes it to the 3rd round. He won't make it out of the first, especially if he can come in at 240 pounds to the combine.

1st yr head coaches rarely see success their 1st yr, if at all.
reckless123

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

minutemancl wrote:
Not a fan of the free agency. Nick Perry doesn't have a spot in our defense and neither does Adrian Peterson, unless he wants to play for the vet minimum.

Big fan of the draft though. Mahomes is my 3rd favorite QB in what is a very underrated QB draft class. I'm also a huge fan of Reddick, in a few weeks you'll see how big a fan, but there is absolutely 0 chance he makes it to the 3rd round. He won't make it out of the first, especially if he can come in at 240 pounds to the combine.

Why doesn't Perry have a fit on this defense?

Be Humble. Sit Down.
minutemancl

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
minutemancl wrote:

I was under the impression he was a lot smaller than he is. My bad.

1st yr head coaches rarely see success their 1st yr, if at all.
reckless123

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

minutemancl wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
minutemancl wrote:

I was under the impression he was a lot smaller than he is. My bad.

Yeah, he's got the same physical attributes as Vernon. I would like to have him here but seems a bit unrealistic because we are trying to get JPP to an extension.

Be Humble. Sit Down.
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated with two options. I imagine most will like option 2, but I think I prefer option 1.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: