Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

New Mock 2/11

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Counselor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:17 pm    Post subject: New Mock 2/11 Reply with quote

Free Agents:

Calais Campbell: Not sure we get him but would help the dline tremendously and why wouldn't he want to play on this D.

Bennie Logan: An underrated NT who could start from day one.

Ronald Leary: With word that Whitworth is Cincys priority we turn to G in FA.

Cordarelle Patterson: Underused in Minn would love to have him in Denver as a weapon.

Resignings:

Shaq Barrett
Brandon McManus
Russell Okung (another one year deal)
Demarcus Ware (one year deal)
Todd Davis
Vance Walker
Bibbs
Jordan Taylor

Draft

1.20- Ryan Ramcyzk OT Wisconsin
Ryan is currently injured and likely won't have the chance to work out for scouts so he may slide to 20 in a weak Tackle draft. Would give us a LT to push Okung.

Trade 2.51 3.82 and Titans 6th for 2.33 (Browns love stockpiling picks and we have enough to afford a move up)

2.33 Garrett Bolles OT Utah
The age bothered me but I've gotten over it. Plug and play starter from day one and would be great bookends with Ram for many years.

3.97 Jordan Leggett TE Clemson
Some of the TEs will slide and I think Leggett could be the one. If not Butt at this spot. Legged gives us a reliable target for our young QBs in the passing game.

3.101 Demontae Kazee CB SDSU
Fearless tackler to replace Kayvon and become a special teams ace while also being the teams 4th CB.

4.121 Wayne Gallman RB Clemson
We return to Clemson to get some RB help. I believe Marlon Mack and Kareem Hunt's stocks are rising pushing a player like Gallman down.

4.134 Jayon Brown ILB UCLA
An underrated undersized middle linebacker who can cover and would push Todd Davis opposite Brandon Marshall. A player I think could rise come draft day.

7th round- Greg Pyke OG UGA
Underrated player who played out of position at T this year. Likely will go higher but hopefully is overlooked based on last year.

7th round comp- Jason Carr DE/NT West Georgia
Might be a bit tall to play Nose but has enough weight on his frame to do it. Provides depth at both end and NT at 6'4.6" 312 and over 34 inch arms. Former transfer from Tennessee where Malik Jackson hailed from.

QB- Siemian, Lynch
RB- Anderson, Booker, Gallman, Bibbs
FB- Janovich
WR- Thomas, Patterson, Fowler
WR- Sanders, Latimer, Taylor
TE- Derby, Leggett, Heuerman
LT- Okung, Ramcyzk
LG- Leary, Schofield, Pyke
C- Paradis, Garcia
RG- Schofield, McGovern, Garcia
RT- Bolles, Schofield

DE- Campbell, Walker, Carr
NT- Logan, Peko, Carr
DE- Wolfe, Gotsis
OLB- Ray, Ware, Watson
ILB- Marshall, Nelson
ILB- Davis, Brown
OLB- Miller, Barrett
CB- Harris, Roby
CB- Talib, Kazee, Doss
FS- Stewart, Simmons
SS- Ward, Parks

K- McManus
P- Dixon
LS- Kreiter
KR- Patterson
PR- Patterson
elliot878

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure we can land Bolles at 33 but that would definitely be exciting to pull to the 2 tackles in this draft class (I'm not a Cam fan).

I think Leary will get overpaid. I'm really not sure he's good either. He was the weak link on that line, and was sandwiched between two all pros, so not sure how much he was buoyed.

If it turns out that Leary is worth the money, free agency is a slam dunk.

From everything I've heard about Kazee that guys awesome.

Legget I'm not sure of, seems like he has limited potential, not sure he proves much of an upgrade.

Not sure on the others, I have to read up on. Pyke I've read up on and he is intriguing to me. When I read reports I get the impression he'll make it in the league, whereas some scouts say he won't be able to handle the increased competition - just not sure I buy that negativity.

Overall I'd be very happy w this offseason. I really hope we do enough along the OL to give our QB a chance to develop.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
Not sure we can land Bolles at 33 but that would definitely be exciting to pull to the 2 tackles in this draft class (I'm not a Cam fan).

I think Leary will get overpaid. I'm really not sure he's good either. He was the weak link on that line, and was sandwiched between two all pros, so not sure how much he was buoyed.

If it turns out that Leary is worth the money, free agency is a slam dunk.

From everything I've heard about Kazee that guys awesome.

Legget I'm not sure of, seems like he has limited potential, not sure he proves much of an upgrade.

Not sure on the others, I have to read up on. Pyke I've read up on and he is intriguing to me. When I read reports I get the impression he'll make it in the league, whereas some scouts say he won't be able to handle the increased competition - just not sure I buy that negativity.

Overall I'd be very happy w this offseason. I really hope we do enough along the OL to give our QB a chance to develop.

Thanks for the response. Not sure Bolles will be there either but it would be awesome if we could get both guys.
thebestever6

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Bolles everything I read about him seems great besides age seems like a true plug and play.

Big Palooka wrote:
"They don't have to worry about him making consistent passes. They will win another 2-3 max with him at QB."
elliot878

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebestever6 wrote:
I love Bolles everything I read about him seems great besides age seems like a true plug and play.

Same here, and he brings that attitude that just about everyone on our line lacks.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it! Would like to get a good ILB, but hey you can't have everything.
broncos67

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this happened I would be incredibly stoked, but I don't think we have the money for all of this. Campbell will be expensive, Logan will probably be expensive as well. Leary is going to get $8MM per year, Patterson will probably get $6MM per.

Ramczyk and Bolles are a great combo, but why bring back Okung if we draft both?

I like the Wayne Gallman pick a lot. Would rather have Kareem Hunt, who I believe is going to be a stud, but can't complain. I don't love Leggett. I agree with Elliot, I think he represents a lateral move and no significant upgrade.

If Denver comes out of this draft without a RB, I'll be majorly disappointed. Seeing Miami work with Jay Ajayi last eyar, I have to think Vance will be looking for something along the same lines. CJ Anderson cannot be trusted to stay healthy. Undecided about what Booker brings in the long term. There's clear upgrades in this class.

Thanks, Tzimisce
Reggie Nelson#1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
If this happened I would be incredibly stoked, but I don't think we have the money for all of this. Campbell will be expensive, Logan will probably be expensive as well. Leary is going to get $8MM per year, Patterson will probably get $6MM per.

Ramczyk and Bolles are a great combo, but why bring back Okung if we draft both?

I like the Wayne Gallman pick a lot. Would rather have Kareem Hunt, who I believe is going to be a stud, but can't complain. I don't love Leggett. I agree with Elliot, I think he represents a lateral move and no significant upgrade.

If Denver comes out of this draft without a RB, I'll be majorly disappointed. Seeing Miami work with Jay Ajayi last eyar, I have to think Vance will be looking for something along the same lines. CJ Anderson cannot be trusted to stay healthy. Undecided about what Booker brings in the long term. There's clear upgrades in this class.

Let's not forget that the Dolphins also tried to get CJ Anderson despite already having Ajayi in their backfield.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little bit about Bolles.

The dude is a BEAST in the run game. He can pull and drive a LB into the 3rd row in the stands on the regular. He could have used another year at Utah to work on his pass protection but obviously his age made it a no-brainer to enter the draft early. He did have a problem with penalties, he had too many false starts and got some penalties for being as aggressive as he is, so that is a bit of concern, but he does have his head on straight so I think with good coaching he will straighten that out.

As for his age. I know it scares a lot of people, but think about it this way. If we can get Bolles now then we are getting a player who will be playing in their prime on a rookie contract. The only time an older player really scares me is when they are a QB and they might take years to develop or a RB and they might have too many miles on their legs. With an offensive lineman it is not a huge concern for me.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: