You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

RamPackFan Pre-Combine Mock Draft w/FA moves/additions

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RamPackFan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:37 pm    Post subject: RamPackFan Pre-Combine Mock Draft w/FA moves/additions Reply with quote

Disclaimer: I’m pretty ingnorant when it comes to salaries and cap room/$ but I gave it a shot. This is not a prediction but rather an idea direction we could go to majorly improve or along the lines of what I would like to see happen.

Re-signed:

K Greg Zuerlein
DT Dominique Easley
DE Ethan Westbrooks
DE Matt Longacre
HB Benny Cunningham

Let Walk:

CB Trumaine Johnson
SS T.J. McDonald
QB Case Keenum
WR Kenny Britt
WR Brian Quick

Released: (I hope releasing these guys allows enough cap room for the below)

HB Tre Mason
OG Rodger Saffold
TE Lance Kendricks
C Tim Barnes
DE Eugene Sims

Trade:

Tavon Austin and 2017 6th round pick to Tampa Bay for 2017 2nd round pick and a 2018 conditional 5th round pick.

* I really love this guy and his character but this move makes sense, all emotions aside. Pharoh Cooper could easily fill his shoes. It’s obvious that Austin’s production does not match his salary and what it takes up as far as cap room. We could shop around and fill other needs and get a more productive player as well.

Free Agency (* not exact – I’m not even gonna try and pretend I can work these numbers and salaries– just a ball park guesses)

WR- Brandon Marshall @ $7 M/yr *assuming NYJ releases him to create cap space

OT – Ryan Clady @$4 M/yr

OG – Kevin Zeitler @$8 M/yr

CB- Stephon Gilmore @$11 M/yr

CB – AJ Bouye @$6 M/Yr

DT – Sylvester Williams @$2 M/Yr

2017 DRAFT

2nd (#37) TJ Watt – OLB/Wisconsin

2nd (#50 via TB) Zay Jones - WR/E.Carolina

3rd (#69) – Chad Hansen - WR/California

4th (#110) – Tyler Orlosky – C/W.Virginia

4th (#141) – Jordan Leggett – TE/Clemson

5th (#151) – Corn Elder – CB/Miami

6th (#191) - Jalen Reeves-Maybin - LB/Tennessee

7th (#232) - Xavier Woods - S/Louisiana Tech (Depth/ST)

QB: Jared Goff
HB: Todd Gurley
FB: Cory Harkey
XWR: Brandon Marshall*/Zay Jones
ZWR: Chad Hansen
SLWR: Pharroh Cooper/Nelson Spruce
TE: Tyler Higbee / Jordan Leggett
LT: Ryan Clady*
LG: Greg Robinson
C: Tyler Orlosky
RG: Kevin Zeitler*
RT: Rob Havenstein

RDE: Michael Brockers
NT: Sylvester Williams*
LDE: Aaron Donald
OLB: Robert Quinn
ILB: Mark Barron/Reeves-Maybin
ILB: Alec Ogletree
OLB: TJ Watt
LCB: AJ Bouye*
RCB: Stephon Gilmore*
SLCB: Corn Elder/ E.J. Gaines
FS: LaMarcus Joyner
SS:Maurice Alexander

K: Greg Zuerlein
P: Johnny Hekker
LS: Jake McQuaide
KR: Benny Cunningham
PR: Pharroh Cooper

Last edited by RamPackFan on Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:36 pm; edited 3 times in total
NVRamsFan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a couple thoughts, those are underpays for the two CB free agents. Both are going to get more money than that. Gilmore has said he wants top 5 CB money and Bouye is not going to be far behind him come payday.

On your released list TruJo is a free agent he would be a not resign guy. Quick also is a free agent. Releasing GRob financially has zero benefit. It's not likely that we'll cut him when there are no cap savings to be had by doing it. Even if he rides the bench and is just a backup all year he's likely to not be cut.

Personally I want to see what these coaches can do with Austin, and GRob for that matter. We've never had a guy who could create a scheme to take advantage of his skill set. We might actually have one this year and people want to cut or trade him. His contract is structured so that next year if we cut him he has zero dead money. This year his cap hit is just too high for anybody IMO to want to trade for him. I think this is a sink or swim year for Tavon.

The last time Brandon Albert played an entire season was 2011. He's even more fragile than Saffold. Couple that with the fact his play has been steadily declining and $10M is way too much. A prove you can stay healthy deal might be all guys like him and Clady are going to get.

I love the players you're drafting I just am not sure the stuff outside of the draft is very realistic but as always I could be very wrong. We all are sometimes Smile
RamPackFan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NVRamsFan wrote:
Just a couple thoughts, those are underpays for the two CB free agents. Both are going to get more money than that. Gilmore has said he wants top 5 CB money and Bouye is not going to be far behind him come payday.

On your released list TruJo is a free agent he would be a not resign guy. Quick also is a free agent. Releasing GRob financially has zero benefit. It's not likely that we'll cut him when there are no cap savings to be had by doing it. Even if he rides the bench and is just a backup all year he's likely to not be cut.

Personally I want to see what these coaches can do with Austin, and GRob for that matter. We've never had a guy who could create a scheme to take advantage of his skill set. We might actually have one this year and people want to cut or trade him. His contract is structured so that next year if we cut him he has zero dead money. This year his cap hit is just too high for anybody IMO to want to trade for him. I think this is a sink or swim year for Tavon.

The last time Brandon Albert played an entire season was 2011. He's even more fragile than Saffold. Couple that with the fact his play has been steadily declining and $10M is way too much. A prove you can stay healthy deal might be all guys like him and Clady are going to get.

I love the players you're drafting I just am not sure the stuff outside of the draft is very realistic but as always I could be very wrong. We all are sometimes Smile

I was right in the middle of changing a few things as you responded. Yea, I assumed GRob was taking up a bit of cash being he was a top pick and is most likely takes up a big chuck of space. I decided to go with Ryan Clady former Denver Bronco and being that Wade Phillips is from there it kinda makes sense. I know he has been banged up as well, but it's better than what we have now and I think he's still a great player and can get the job done well. The Trumaine Johnson thing, I cut and copied his name back and fourth doing this mock up not knowing weather or not I should keep him on the team for this one....I just put it in the wrong category. I know he's a FA. Thanks for the feedback....I warned you I would probably be off on my salaries/contract deals..lol. Just as long as we can afford them is all I care about.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: