Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Darrelle Revis Arrested for Fight
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
1BackInBlackFan


Joined: 29 Mar 2010
Posts: 11344
Location: BACK 2 BACK!!!!, PA
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he gets convicted will his new nickname be Rikers Island?
_________________


Thanks to UniversalAuthor for the Sidney Crosby sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BlueOne


Joined: 06 Jun 2005
Posts: 2026
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank-O wrote:
BlueOne wrote:
Frank-O wrote:
Lol @ everyone jumping the gun on allegations.


Considering we know there's video and and he knocked two guys out, unless it was self defense or this is mistaken identity we know he deserves prison and there is decent evidence. End of story.

You don't know any of that.


https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/832372737519779840

If the cellphone video confirms Revis instigated the fight and it wasn't self defense he's cooked.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
domepatrol91


Moderator
Joined: 26 Mar 2013
Posts: 7753
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlueOne wrote:
Frank-O wrote:
BlueOne wrote:
Frank-O wrote:
Lol @ everyone jumping the gun on allegations.


Considering we know there's video and and he knocked two guys out, unless it was self defense or this is mistaken identity we know he deserves prison and there is decent evidence. End of story.

You don't know any of that.


https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/832372737519779840

If the cellphone video confirms Revis instigated the fight and it wasn't self defense he's cooked.
So, like Frank-O said, you don't know any of that. You're speculating like everyone else . The video doesn't sound like it's gonna show any kind of fight considering the phone was thrown into the road before the fight started. Sounds like Revis might have someone who could vouch for him too.

Based on nothing but a hunch, I bet Revis pleads guilty to a misdemeanor and this goes away.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BlueOne


Joined: 06 Jun 2005
Posts: 2026
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have successfully defeated the argument I did not make.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The LBC


Global Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 34956
Location: Where We Can't Have Nice Things
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pnies20 wrote:
MemphisEagles wrote:
PatriotsWin! wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/02/16/police-darrelle-revis-facing-assault-robbery-charges/


Quote:
Pittsburgh Police say charges are pending against Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis after an incident last Sunday morning in the city’s South Side area.

Those charges include robbery, terroristic threats, conspiracy and aggravated assault.

According to the statement, police found a 21-year old man and a 22-year old man unconscious around 2:40 a.m. last Sunday, and after reviewing cellphone video police confirmed that Revis had an altercation with those men on the sidewalk. The police statement said those men remember encountering Revis and having a verbal argument but woke up after being punched.


Yikes. As if the Jets needed any excuse to cut him and his salary...


Lol always the South Side of Pittsburgh. It's nothing but a bunch of rowdy drunken idiots there, of course that's where everyone is always getting in trouble. Joey Porter most recently. I remember one time I was on the south side and some dude was knocked out after talking too much crap sprawled on the ground, some girl was next to him drunkenly screaming for help but people were going to him to take selfies with him.


I got chased by a dude with a 2x4 and a house arrest ankle monitor walking to my buddy's house from Carson St. once. Unbelievably trashy area.

Did he have a beard and was yelling "Hooooooooo!"?
_________________

MathMan wrote:
I think I'm obfuscating all over the place!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RuskieTitan


Joined: 29 Apr 2007
Posts: 43792
Location: Front lines of Titania
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone asks Revis if he's Revis, Revis confirms, so the dude probably thought "payday", whips out his phone and starts antagonizing and following Revis while recording, hoping Revis snaps and it gets caught on video.

Good for Revis for punking on those punks. He's not a Steeler so he might not get off so easily like Porter, but maybe if they think he'll get cut and signs with Pittsburgh then he might get let off light.
_________________

^^El ramster^^
FF Hunger Games I Winner

#JDI
FootballProdiG wrote:
Cant spell choke without OKC
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Forge


Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 19326
Location: Las Vegas
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
Someone asks Revis if he's Revis, Revis confirms, so the dude probably thought "payday", whips out his phone and starts antagonizing and following Revis while recording, hoping Revis snaps and it gets caught on video.

Good for Revis for punking on those punks. He's not a Steeler so he might not get off so easily like Porter, but maybe if they think he'll get cut and signs with Pittsburgh then he might get let off light.


Worst take ever.
_________________


Stupid NFL coaches and their need to reach for quarterbacks....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OleXmad


Joined: 09 Jan 2017
Posts: 505
Location: Baltimore, Maryland.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
Someone asks Revis if he's Revis, Revis confirms, so the dude probably thought "payday", whips out his phone and starts antagonizing and following Revis while recording, hoping Revis snaps and it gets caught on video.

Good for Revis for punking on those punks. He's not a Steeler so he might not get off so easily like Porter, but maybe if they think he'll get cut and signs with Pittsburgh then he might get let off light.


There's trying to defend your heroes and then there's conspiracies.
_________________
I'm not an honest person, I'm just 50 honest hamsters in a trench coat that learned to type.

Current owner of the Portland Horned Owls in the Bizzaro Dynasty League, I'm a Ravens fan and I regret every second of it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JLambert58


Joined: 30 Jan 2013
Posts: 2009
Location: Denver, CO
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1BackInBlackFan wrote:
If he gets convicted will his new nickname be Rikers Island?


lmao - well played 1BIBF.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheGame316


Joined: 19 Feb 2008
Posts: 1897
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember back in the day when people had manners, and getting in someones face or antagonizing them might lead to you getting punched, and/or knocked out?

and that was ok, it was life rules that people lived by and understood?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cddolphin


Joined: 23 Mar 2009
Posts: 12450
Location: Florida
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGame316 wrote:
Remember back in the day when people had manners, and getting in someones face or antagonizing them might lead to you getting punched, and/or knocked out?

and that was ok, it was life rules that people lived by and understood?


Pepperidge Farms remembers.
_________________
huzzah
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MemphisEagles


Joined: 11 Nov 2014
Posts: 1749
Location: memphis
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pnies20 wrote:
MemphisEagles wrote:
PatriotsWin! wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/02/16/police-darrelle-revis-facing-assault-robbery-charges/


Quote:
Pittsburgh Police say charges are pending against Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis after an incident last Sunday morning in the city’s South Side area.

Those charges include robbery, terroristic threats, conspiracy and aggravated assault.

According to the statement, police found a 21-year old man and a 22-year old man unconscious around 2:40 a.m. last Sunday, and after reviewing cellphone video police confirmed that Revis had an altercation with those men on the sidewalk. The police statement said those men remember encountering Revis and having a verbal argument but woke up after being punched.


Yikes. As if the Jets needed any excuse to cut him and his salary...


Lol always the South Side of Pittsburgh. It's nothing but a bunch of rowdy drunken idiots there, of course that's where everyone is always getting in trouble. Joey Porter most recently. I remember one time I was on the south side and some dude was knocked out after talking too much crap sprawled on the ground, some girl was next to him drunkenly screaming for help but people were going to him to take selfies with him.



I got chased by a dude with a 2x4 and a house arrest ankle monitor walking to my buddy's house from Carson St. once. Unbelievably trashy area.



Sounds about right. It's like a drunken frat town full of people too stupid for college.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tony7188


Joined: 02 Jan 2011
Posts: 6187
Location: Baltimore, MD
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did Revis get charged with making terroristic threats...
_________________


NoFlyZone wrote:
Byron Jones is terrible. I'm sorry.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MemphisEagles


Joined: 11 Nov 2014
Posts: 1749
Location: memphis
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
MemphisEagles wrote:
PatriotsWin! wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/02/16/police-darrelle-revis-facing-assault-robbery-charges/


Quote:
Pittsburgh Police say charges are pending against Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis after an incident last Sunday morning in the city’s South Side area.

Those charges include robbery, terroristic threats, conspiracy and aggravated assault.

According to the statement, police found a 21-year old man and a 22-year old man unconscious around 2:40 a.m. last Sunday, and after reviewing cellphone video police confirmed that Revis had an altercation with those men on the sidewalk. The police statement said those men remember encountering Revis and having a verbal argument but woke up after being punched.


Yikes. As if the Jets needed any excuse to cut him and his salary...


Lol always the South Side of Pittsburgh. It's nothing but a bunch of rowdy drunken idiots there, of course that's where everyone is always getting in trouble. Joey Porter most recently. I remember one time I was on the south side and some dude was knocked out after talking too much crap sprawled on the ground, some girl was next to him drunkenly screaming for help but people were going to him to take selfies with him.


I work there, but thankfully I'm out before it gets late. South Side is so gross, and just stupid.

I'm guessing Revis is gone.


I feel for you. Even subtracting the idiots at night time the traffic sucks.

I will say I don't understand how Beale Street and Bourbon Street are so famous though when Carson St has more variety and is much bigger.


But I think if I were a coach or an owner, areas like this I would encourage my players to stay away from. Even if Revis is not the one who initiated it, he still put himself in that situation just by being there.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rdelaney89


Joined: 22 Jan 2009
Posts: 3829
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was getting cut anyway. Honestly from the police report it sounds like there is no evidence Revis threw a punch. He was apparently walking away from the situation when the 2 guys started getting in his face. He was likely slapped with those charges to generate headlines and plea down. I doubt anything really comes of this.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group